PDA

View Full Version : lvl 80---class fluff!! we need new ones!!!!!!!!!!!!


Etchii
05-31-2007, 05:19 PM
<p>Let's not get to our 4th expansion without new class fluff spells.</p><p>Let's not get to our 3rd level tier expansion without new class fluff spells.</p><p>And please for the love of all things....give the bruiser a cool one.</p><p> Fluff adds roleplayability...let us not forget this is at it's core a role playing game.</p><p>that is all.</p><p>Thanks!</p><p>The Rusty (oh i mean iron...) Bruiser Etchi</p>

Giral
05-31-2007, 06:15 PM
+1 for lvl60,70,80 fluff spell's <img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Monnkees
05-31-2007, 06:56 PM
<b><span style="color: #00ff00">I am so with you on this, I love fluff spells!!! I wont be to upset if they dont show up, but heres to another person wanting to see them!</span></b>

troodon
05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
I want my Fury to get Orca form, that would be sweet. New fluff spells!

Dragowulf
05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
and a revamp for old ones (ie. L50 Assassin one - the pigpen animation from the peanuts)

initoci
06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Berserkers Need, Glowing eyes + Fists

SirDinadan
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Shadowknights need a beating red heart.

Rattfa
06-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Furys should get a group Lord Nagafen illusion with a replenishing 10k ward and a damage shield that everytime you take damage it procs a zonewide 50k fire/cold/magic/divine/poison/disease nuke that only affects PvP targets fluff spell.

McDohl
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Furys should get a group Lord Nagafen illusion with a replenishing 10k ward and a damage shield that everytime you take damage it procs a zonewide 50k fire/cold/magic/divine/poison/disease nuke that only affects PvP targets fluff spell. </blockquote>*newspaper thwap* Not quite 'fluff' is it? ^^

ke'la
06-01-2007, 12:31 PM
<cite>Etchii wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Let's not get to our 4th expansion without new class fluff spells.</p><p>Let's not get to our 3rd level tier expansion without new class fluff spells.</p><p>And please for the love of all things....give the bruiser a cool one.</p><p> Fluff adds roleplayability...let us not forget this is at it's core a role playing game.</p><p>that is all.</p><p>Thanks!</p><p>The Rusty (oh i mean iron...) Bruiser Etchi</p></blockquote>I think the Bruiser Kata Fuff spell is pritty good, I personally would say its in the Top Ten of Fluff spells. Though the Monk Kata is far superior. On the other hand well over half the time the Swash Fluff spell (the one thats suposed to make someone swoon) does not even work. And the Weopons Blur one is bairly visable. That said more would be nice, as well as a minor revamp of some of the old ones. For exsample give Illusionists real Illusions, such as chair.

Rattfa
06-01-2007, 12:37 PM
[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Furys should get a group Lord Nagafen illusion with a replenishing 10k ward and a damage shield that everytime you take damage it procs a zonewide 50k fire/cold/magic/divine/poison/disease nuke that only affects PvP targets fluff spell. </blockquote>*newspaper thwap* Not quite 'fluff' is it? ^^ </blockquote> Well maybe not, but it's not exactly overpowered either. Perhaps toning down the proc by 1 or 2k would be a little more realistic <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Salox
06-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Agreed, initocian. We need like a big orange light effect that bursts from the center of our body. Like Berserker's Fury on a massive amount of cocaine.

Deadly Nightshadow
06-02-2007, 08:06 AM
<p>Tbh, I think that all the class fluff spells need redoing. </p><p>1) Get rid of the rehashes i.e. the SK/Paladin hand particle effects. What I mean is- It's effectively the same but a different colour. Besides, in what was does a glowy hand reflect the class? Maybe paladins could get wings or an illusion to give them very shiny armout while SKs could get some kind of weapon illusion like a bone sword or something...</p><p>2) Some fluff spells are just terrible. I mean, at 20, a Defiler can turn into a rat (woo)...At 50 he can blend in with the ghost bats in WC.....Jesus christ. At the least, give Defilers the armour back on their wraith form. No Defiler likes the "purple blob of doom" effect.</p><p>What I mean is, give us something cool, something imaginative the will really differenciate between the classes. If I see a rat, I don't go "Oh, there's a Defiler". I go "Oh, a rat.....Stunning......."</p><p> EDIT</p><p>I almost forgot....If you want a fluff spell that makes somebody else emote, then for the love of god, put a NEW emote in. I mean, my Defiler gets a fluff spell that makes the target "puke"...twice. Once at 30, once at 40. As if that isn't bad enough, when I use it, the target doubles up and says...."I'm hungry".................Wow, I feel like I have a real mastery of disease. I can make somebody slightly peckish. Go me.</p>

Giral
06-02-2007, 07:45 PM
<p>i actualy like my Glowy hand <img src="/smilies/b2eb59423fbf5fa39342041237025880.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> looks great with settings up <img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p> you dont have to look twice if you see the glowy hand to know that the player is a SK or a Pally </p><p>now if i could get Both hands all Purpley fire  that be Sweet  : ) </p>

Naubeta
06-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Paladins need the face of god to appear in the sky (like in monty python and the holy grail).

Mattsu
06-03-2007, 05:51 AM
<p>Yeah New fluff spells! <img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Iseabeil
06-03-2007, 06:19 AM
We need new class fluff, but we <i>also</i> need new guild fluff. All the original guild levels came with fluff, all from furniture and clothes to flying carpet and unique titles etc. As a freeportian you couldnt be a madam, that was for goodies only. Then they change it and a baroness can live anywhere, and they add no new toys cept one time use items for combat. And whats up with kelethin giving same fluff as qeynos and neriak same as freeport? and the total lack of non-title rewards from the societies in the new cities?

Kurokage
06-03-2007, 09:25 AM
New Monk/Bruiser Kata's would be totally sweet. And since monks get a tiger form, give bruisers a mini-dragon form. This would play a little more on old oriental mythology. Also, I made my brigand for the sole perpose of clobber. I love him to death now, but there is never a doubt what skill I use most. Clobber ftw! More ways to waylay fellow group members would be even more fun! Back hand slap, with a "I'm RICK JAMES!" =D ok maybe not the last part, but a back hand slap would be totally cool. I'm with this one, more fluff spells!

ke'la
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
<cite>shioki wrote:</cite><blockquote>New Monk/Bruiser Kata's would be totally sweet. And since monks get a tiger form, give bruisers a mini-dragon form. This would play a little more on old oriental mythology. Also, I made my brigand for the sole perpose of clobber. I love him to death now, but there is never a doubt what skill I use most. Clobber ftw! More ways to waylay fellow group members would be even more fun! Back hand slap, with a "I'm RICK JAMES!" =D ok maybe not the last part, but a back hand slap would be totally cool. I'm with this one, more fluff spells!</blockquote> Monks get Tigar form because that is one of the disaplines that Monks follow. If a Bruiser where to get an "animal" form it should be something in-line with thier style of fighting such as a Minatar Form. As they rush head long and just beat you down. I also with my swash would like more ways to hit on the oppisit sex, and/or some nifty sword flurishies would be cool. I also think it would be cool if Brigands could get one that make it look like they are picking a person's pocket but I don't know if that would be feasable.

SpiralDown
06-05-2007, 09:11 PM
<p>Agree totally with new fluff.</p><p>I would get rid of all the ones that turn yourself into a different race... though not the ones that turn other people into trolls and rats and such.  For bards I'd like to make people dance, that'd be sweet.  Rangers should be able to cast a fluff spell to display their bow all the time.  All the healers that turn into an animal could be able to summon a baby animal of the same type <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  And mages could shoot firework type things.</p><p>Actually, it would be cool to be able to pick a fluff spell as a racial trait (or whatever those things are ya get automatically every other level).  With the change to master strikes, there's room.</p>

Lornick
06-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Level 80 fluff spells FTW!

Mythros
06-07-2007, 09:41 AM
<p>The shadowknights hand glowie spell effect is pretty cool, I think it represents the Harm touch spell really cool. I would like to see the shadow knight get a cool spell where death shifts in and out of view that would be frightening and intimidating.</p>

Etchii
06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
<p>In responce to SK...</p><p>I had an idea for a fluff spell...  Everything in a 1meter radius from the SK dies... the grass turns dark, flowers wilt... death where ever the sk walks(on the environment of course).  Don't know how this could be implimented, but sounds cool to me.</p><p> What i really want.,..</p><p>Bruisers need something really cool to make up for puke skin and rust skin(Devs...you know what im talkin about)...  Sure the kata is cool, but i've had that for 50 levels now... a bit stale by this point.  Even just to keep with the "skin" theme... why can't we have stainless steel skin... no more rust!! (I've been looking all over for a gnomish polishing device to get the rust off of my iron skin...but it seems those gnomes haven't gotten to it  yet.)</p>

Zakane
06-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Bruisers need something where they pull out a pint of beer, chug it down, cracker their knuckles and then finally stomp the ground causing a small quake thats a bruiser to me. Monks should get another Kata, where they do some really fancy moves, twirl around real fast have some leafs and wind blow effect that end up with a yin yang appear glowing on the ground around them.

Freliant
06-10-2007, 08:39 AM
<p>Well, as long as we are putting up suggestions for new fluff....</p><p>Please give us newer dances. Fae and Arasi are dead on, but the rest of the races... a Jig is not something I feel proud of doing... not since day one, and not now. No wonder bards can't make people dance... </p><p>Is that a throne... why yes it is... let me stare at it for hours... since I CAN'T SIT. How about we finally get a sitting ability. Use an object that you can sit on, and you appear sitting on it.</p><p> Conjurers: They rip the dimensions to bring fourth elemental beings... how about a fluff spell where they are trying to pull a disgruntled being from the other plane? The rift opens, and nothing comes out, so the conj reaches in and tries pulling the reluctant elemental from coming, ultimately loosing. Or a fluff spell where they look like they are doing a super summon, and only the foot, or the big toe of the being comes through and smashes (but does not kill) the player target).</p><p> Necromancers: Haven't you ever wanted to bring up an army of undead... to just lounge around... or even do a little skelleton dance. How about doing a lych absorption on players. The player is held immobile in the air while his essense is given to the necro, and then the player turns to bones (Illusion of course).</p><p> Brigands: These are pirates... for crying out loud, where are their pirate hats, parots and eye patches? How about the ability to call forth a ghost ship (we have the ship animation, just make it ghostly, and come up to the brigand, and then move off.) </p><p>Wizards: Masters of the arcane... how about the ability to practice magic spells. They stand around reading and making hand signs while nice particle effects and the sort appear all around them. From fire, to ice to any other type of arcane effect.</p><p>Warlocks: Essentially, they are witches... where is the boiling pot of newts?</p><p>Dirge/Bard: how about the ability to select from any of the in-game songs and play them? Dirges should make people mope, like the Arasi do, and dirges should make people dance... with a better emote than the current jig.</p><p>Rangers: They target a person, click their fun spell, and an appel appears on top of the head of the player, then an arrow hits it. Of course.. .there will always be that stray arrow...</p><p>Assassin: a new illusion that makes the assassin into a hooded black shadow.</p><p>Templar: Stands with an open book and... well... preaches. </p><p>Fury: Tornado, lightning, hail... give them the ability to control localized weather.</p><p> There are more, but that should be enough to get the ball rolling. </p>

Skua
06-10-2007, 09:17 AM
<cite>Freliant wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Well, as long as we are putting up suggestions for new fluff....</p><p>Please give us newer dances. Fae and Arasi are dead on, but the rest of the races... a Jig is not something I feel proud of doing... not since day one, and not now. No wonder bards can't make people dance... </p><p>Is that a throne... why yes it is... let me stare at it for hours... since I CAN'T SIT. How about we finally get a sitting ability. Use an object that you can sit on, and you appear sitting on it.</p><p> Conjurers: They rip the dimensions to bring fourth elemental beings... how about a fluff spell where they are trying to pull a disgruntled being from the other plane? The rift opens, and nothing comes out, so the conj reaches in and tries pulling the reluctant elemental from coming, ultimately loosing. Or a fluff spell where they look like they are doing a super summon, and only the foot, or the big toe of the being comes through and smashes (but does not kill) the player target).</p><p> Necromancers: Haven't you ever wanted to bring up an army of undead... to just lounge around... or even do a little skelleton dance. How about doing a lych absorption on players. The player is held immobile in the air while his essense is given to the necro, and then the player turns to bones (Illusion of course).</p><p> Brigands: These are pirates... for crying out loud, where are their pirate hats, parots and eye patches? How about the ability to call forth a ghost ship (we have the ship animation, just make it ghostly, and come up to the brigand, and then move off.) </p><p>Wizards: Masters of the arcane... how about the ability to practice magic spells. They stand around reading and making hand signs while nice particle effects and the sort appear all around them. From fire, to ice to any other type of arcane effect.</p><p>Warlocks: Essentially, they are witches... where is the boiling pot of newts?</p><p>Dirge/Bard: how about the ability to select from any of the in-game songs and play them? Dirges should make people mope, like the Arasi do, and dirges should make people dance... with a better emote than the current jig.</p><p>Rangers: They target a person, click their fun spell, and an appel appears on top of the head of the player, then an arrow hits it. Of course.. .there will always be that stray arrow...</p><p>Assassin: a new illusion that makes the assassin into a hooded black shadow.</p><p>Templar: Stands with an open book and... well... preaches. </p><p>Fury: Tornado, lightning, hail... give them the ability to control localized weather.</p><p> There are more, but that should be enough to get the ball rolling. </p></blockquote> hahaha very good ideas!!!!!!!!

jabbadahut
06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
<cite>Freliant wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Well, as long as we are putting up suggestions for new fluff....</p><p>Please give us newer dances. Fae and Arasi are dead on, but the rest of the races... a Jig is not something I feel proud of doing... not since day one, and not now. No wonder bards can't make people dance... </p><p>Is that a throne... why yes it is... let me stare at it for hours... since I CAN'T SIT. How about we finally get a sitting ability. Use an object that you can sit on, and you appear sitting on it.</p><p> Conjurers: They rip the dimensions to bring fourth elemental beings... how about a fluff spell where they are trying to pull a disgruntled being from the other plane? The rift opens, and nothing comes out, so the conj reaches in and tries pulling the reluctant elemental from coming, ultimately loosing. Or a fluff spell where they look like they are doing a super summon, and only the foot, or the big toe of the being comes through and smashes (but does not kill) the player target).</p><p> Necromancers: Haven't you ever wanted to bring up an army of undead... to just lounge around... or even do a little skelleton dance. How about doing a lych absorption on players. The player is held immobile in the air while his essense is given to the necro, and then the player turns to bones (Illusion of course).</p><p> Brigands: These are pirates... for crying out loud, where are their pirate hats, parots and eye patches? How about the ability to call forth a ghost ship (we have the ship animation, just make it ghostly, and come up to the brigand, and then move off.) </p><p><span style="color: #00ff00">Cool idea but Swashbuckler is more pirate than a birgand will ever be, Brigand is more of a caravan robbing bandit</span></p><p>Wizards: Masters of the arcane... how about the ability to practice magic spells. They stand around reading and making hand signs while nice particle effects and the sort appear all around them. From fire, to ice to any other type of arcane effect.</p><p>Warlocks: Essentially, they are witches... where is the boiling pot of newts?</p><p>Dirge/Bard: how about the ability to select from any of the in-game songs and play them? Dirges should make people mope, like the Arasi do, and dirges should make people dance... with a better emote than the current jig.</p><p>Rangers: They target a person, click their fun spell, and an appel appears on top of the head of the player, then an arrow hits it. Of course.. .there will always be that stray arrow...</p><p>Assassin: a new illusion that makes the assassin into a hooded black shadow.</p><p>Templar: Stands with an open book and... well... preaches. </p><p>Fury: Tornado, lightning, hail... give them the ability to control localized weather.</p><p> There are more, but that should be enough to get the ball rolling. </p></blockquote>

Dragowulf
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>Agree totally with new fluff.</p><p>I would get rid of all the ones that turn yourself into a different race... though not the ones that turn other people into trolls and rats and such.  For bards I'd like to make people dance, that'd be sweet.  Rangers should be able to cast a fluff spell to display their bow all the time.  All the healers that turn into an animal could be able to summon a baby animal of the same type <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />  And mages could shoot firework type things.</p><p>Actually, it would be cool to be able to pick a fluff spell as a racial trait (or whatever those things are ya get automatically every other level).  With the change to master strikes, there's room.</p></blockquote> i see bruisers as chuck norris. champions of freakin kickboxing.

ke'la
06-11-2007, 05:26 AM
<cite>jabbadahut wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Freliant wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Well, as long as we are putting up suggestions for new fluff....</p><p>Please give us newer dances. Fae and Arasi are dead on, but the rest of the races... a Jig is not something I feel proud of doing... not since day one, and not now. No wonder bards can't make people dance... </p><p>Is that a throne... why yes it is... let me stare at it for hours... since I CAN'T SIT. How about we finally get a sitting ability. Use an object that you can sit on, and you appear sitting on it.</p><p> Conjurers: They rip the dimensions to bring fourth elemental beings... how about a fluff spell where they are trying to pull a disgruntled being from the other plane? The rift opens, and nothing comes out, so the conj reaches in and tries pulling the reluctant elemental from coming, ultimately loosing. Or a fluff spell where they look like they are doing a super summon, and only the foot, or the big toe of the being comes through and smashes (but does not kill) the player target).</p><p> Necromancers: Haven't you ever wanted to bring up an army of undead... to just lounge around... or even do a little skelleton dance. How about doing a lych absorption on players. The player is held immobile in the air while his essense is given to the necro, and then the player turns to bones (Illusion of course).</p><p> Brigands: These are pirates... for crying out loud, where are their pirate hats, parots and eye patches? How about the ability to call forth a ghost ship (we have the ship animation, just make it ghostly, and come up to the brigand, and then move off.) </p><p><span style="color: #00ff00">Cool idea but Swashbuckler is more pirate than a birgand will ever be, Brigand is more of a caravan robbing bandit.</span></p><p><span style="color: #cc99ff">The way I see it Swashbuckler is a Musketeer type, wich includes the "buckener style Pirate". While the Brigand is the Jack Sparrow type of Pirate... though there outfits make them look kinda like zorro IMO.</span></p><p>Wizards: Masters of the arcane... how about the ability to practice magic spells. They stand around reading and making hand signs while nice particle effects and the sort appear all around them. From fire, to ice to any other type of arcane effect.</p><p>Warlocks: Essentially, they are witches... where is the boiling pot of newts?</p><p>Dirge/Bard: how about the ability to select from any of the in-game songs and play them? Dirges should make people mope, like the Arasi do, and dirges should make people dance... with a better emote than the current jig.</p><p>Rangers: They target a person, click their fun spell, and an appel appears on top of the head of the player, then an arrow hits it. Of course.. .there will always be that stray arrow...</p><p>Assassin: a new illusion that makes the assassin into a hooded black shadow.</p><p>Templar: Stands with an open book and... well... preaches. </p><p>Fury: Tornado, lightning, hail... give them the ability to control localized weather.</p><p> There are more, but that should be enough to get the ball rolling. </p></blockquote> </blockquote>

Zarafein
06-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Maybe a little swordplay(like monk/bruiser kata) for swashbuckler would fit to different styles of swashbucklers(pirate,musketeer and so on).

lancekortesoja
06-18-2007, 06:34 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Paladins need the face of god to appear in the sky (like in monty python and the holy grail). </blockquote> YESS

Dragowulf
06-18-2007, 11:48 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Paladins need the face of god to appear in the sky (like in monty python and the holy grail). </blockquote> YESS</blockquote> brilliant. now that is who we need on our eq2 concept dev team!

Glamourpuss
06-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes please!  Fluff!  Lots of fluff!

Eludajae
06-26-2007, 04:27 AM
<p>Yes we need fluff...lots of it one every 10 levels above 70!!! </p><p>And for the love of God PLEASE...Sets of Armor that don't need 90 hours of instance drops to get...ALL I want ALL I want is NOT to look at myself and say...good Lord!! I am a Frostfell tree!!!</p><p> Sorry I stray...<img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>