PDA

View Full Version : AA for PVP Wiz


SoulfireUK
05-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I have read through several of the AA posts but few relate to PVP.  I have rounded down my choices to the ward in EoF lines but have been warned that it draws you into combat so is it worth it? <p>Or do I go the KOS and max out INT for damage, WIS for resists or another that can be suggested by those exerienced in Wiz PVP?</p><p>This is for a chracter that I will be locking at 17 for the time being.</p><p>Any help much appreciated.</p>

Rattfa
05-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Wizards get a replenishing ward in both Eof and Kos (Wisdom line I think) and are very powerful, and can be a lifesaver, at low levels especially. Minimum AA you need to max both will be 27 points. You can spend 10 points alone in the EoF ward. I think the ward drawing you into combat is a bug, because no passive procs/wards on you or your armour should draw you into combat, unless you physically cast it while under attack...thats the way it is supposed to work anyway.

Splintered
05-30-2007, 10:36 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Wizards get a replenishing ward in both Eof and Kos (Wisdom line I think) and are very powerful, and can be a lifesaver, at low levels especially. Minimum AA you need to max both will be 27 points. You can spend 10 points alone in the EoF ward. I think the ward drawing you into combat is a bug, because no passive procs/wards on you or your armour should draw you into combat, unless you physically cast it while under attack...thats the way it is supposed to work anyway. </blockquote> I agree with the need for 10 pts in eof magi shield warding, but don't get the kos wis line ward yet. For maximum beneifit, battlemage all the way!

Killque
05-30-2007, 10:41 AM
evoker is a pushover... battlemage I cannot touch..

Bjerde
05-30-2007, 02:33 PM
I thought I read that the ward pulling you into combat was fixed recently.

PeaSy1
05-30-2007, 02:45 PM
go for the magi ward then strive for mana shield youll be most uber in lower tiers.

Splintered
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I thought I read that the ward pulling you into combat was fixed recently. </blockquote> it was. I can cast mana shield and it won't draw me into combat.

silentpsycho
05-30-2007, 07:29 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I thought I read that the ward pulling you into combat was fixed recently. </blockquote> it was. I can cast mana shield and it won't draw me into combat.</blockquote><p> "casting" mana shield as a response to being attacked should put you in combat just as quickly as a druid casting a HOT or a shaman casting a ward.  if it's not, its a bug.</p><p>now the magi shield passive ward, thats maybe another story.  a good compromise there is it doesn't pull you into combat - but - it also doesn't protect you until you enter combat * just like gear reactives *.</p><p>having one myself, battlemages are just a tad overpowered for pvp as they sit today.  they are a lot of fun, but a little op compared to other dps classes.  i think our wards need to be toned down because i'm essentially a shaman - T1 dps nukes - that doesn't get pulled into combat when i heal/ward myself.</p>

silentpsycho
05-30-2007, 07:31 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Wizards get a replenishing ward in both Eof and Kos (Wisdom line I think) and are very powerful, and can be a lifesaver, at low levels especially. Minimum AA you need to max both will be 27 points. You can spend 10 points alone in the EoF ward. I think the ward drawing you into combat is a bug, because no passive procs/wards on you or your armour should draw you into combat, unless you physically cast it while under attack...thats the way it is supposed to work anyway. </blockquote> then they also shouldn't protect me until I enter combat, just like equipment passive procs/wards.

Droka
05-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Understand that at lvl 70 you are a token bot. I am not trying to deter you, because I love my wizard, but soloing is pretty much out of the question. I run a battlemage with all the EoF shielding and freehand. I am at 89(almost 90) aa and have better gear than the faction pvp merchant, but not better than the token pvp merchant. Solo I win 1 out of 6 - 9 fights. Again I love my mage, but solo pvp can be depressing, however, in a group we can rock the hell out of people most the time. Just trying to prepare you. However with RoK they have said they are revamping AA, so maybe they will fix wizards in pvp, maybe not. Currently I am contemplating putting my mage on farm status until they fix something. which hopefully will be sooner than later.

HerbertWalker
05-30-2007, 10:17 PM
<p>It's simple and not even a debate.  Beeline to battlemage.  Then put the next 10 points into Magi Shield.  Next is debateable, but I recommend 5 points into the Cold/Heat debuff.</p><p>Do all that before level 30, and you will be a god amongst your peers <span style="font-size: xx-small">(Druids not included.)</span></p><p>Your AA's can defeat anyone else's AAs with ease <span style="font-size: xx-small">(Druids not included.)</span></p>

tass
05-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I have about 5 points in the magi shield ward and I can say it doesn't put you in combat. And I can defiantly vouch for mana shield. Had a grp with I think an assassin and a wizard. We ran into this grp of oranges and the assassin was going down fast but beating the hell out of em. So of course first thought was get outa there but then I was like eh screw it and charged in dots flying debuffs going. The wiz was already ahead of me. Once they finished off the assassin they were on the wiz and he took it all and then some murdering off 2 of the oranges before he went down. And then I finished 1 off before I died in about 6 seconds. (didnt have mana shield on the warlock) Anyway point is manashield is a must above all other aa's. And you'll need alot of power to to survive.

Ecafmi
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
<p> My opinion on AA's for a pvp wiz is.. put your first 10 into your magi's shielding, then next 12 into your STA line, first 4 in STA buff, then the next 8 into your static shield (FTW). Then put the rest where ever you want them. I put mine into the STA line still for mit increase. The static shield is great! My pvp wiz is lvl 20.. most melee type classes kill themselves with out me only casting one spell just to get me into combat... just because it and coldshield... =)</p>

Ibunubi
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I thought I read that the ward pulling you into combat was fixed recently. </blockquote>I still get messages "You have engaged PvP combat because of 'Rune of the Eye.' " That's the Enspelled Vultak Eye 400pt ward proc that's up for 10 minutes.

Splintered
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
<cite>silentpsycho wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I thought I read that the ward pulling you into combat was fixed recently. </blockquote> it was. I can cast mana shield and it won't draw me into combat.</blockquote><p> "casting" mana shield as a response to being attacked should put you in combat just as quickly as a druid casting a HOT or a shaman casting a ward.  if it's not, its a bug.</p><p>now the magi shield passive ward, thats maybe another story.  a good compromise there is it doesn't pull you into combat - but - it also doesn't protect you until you enter combat * just like gear reactives *.</p><p>having one myself, battlemages are just a tad overpowered for pvp as they sit today.  they are a lot of fun, but a little op compared to other dps classes.  i think our wards need to be toned down because i'm essentially a shaman - T1 dps nukes - that doesn't get pulled into combat when i heal/ward myself.</p></blockquote><p> I would have to disagree. Casting manashield is not like casting a heal. Manashield is merely a skill that lets me use my power as health, just as if it were normal. If you believe its the same as a shaman ward, then it would use a small amount of power to prevent a lot of damage, and if not all was used, would heal me in the end. </p><p> Your only talking about lower tiers, and have no idea about tier 7, because you would most certainly be saying otherwise. Having manashield requires us to sacrifice dps, where as other dps classes don't have to make that distinition as much.</p>

silentpsycho
05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>silentpsycho wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>I thought I read that the ward pulling you into combat was fixed recently. </blockquote> it was. I can cast mana shield and it won't draw me into combat.</blockquote><p> "casting" mana shield as a response to being attacked should put you in combat just as quickly as a druid casting a HOT or a shaman casting a ward.  if it's not, its a bug.</p><p>now the magi shield passive ward, thats maybe another story.  a good compromise there is it doesn't pull you into combat - but - it also doesn't protect you until you enter combat * just like gear reactives *.</p><p>having one myself, battlemages are just a tad overpowered for pvp as they sit today.  they are a lot of fun, but a little op compared to other dps classes.  i think our wards need to be toned down because i'm essentially a shaman - T1 dps nukes - that doesn't get pulled into combat when i heal/ward myself.</p></blockquote><p> I would have to disagree. Casting manashield is not like casting a heal. Manashield is merely a skill that lets me use my power as health, just as if it were normal. If you believe its the same as a shaman ward, then it would use a small amount of power to prevent a lot of damage, and if not all was used, would heal me in the end. </p><p> Your only talking about lower tiers, and have no idea about tier 7, because you would most certainly be saying otherwise. Having manashield requires us to sacrifice dps, where as other dps classes don't have to make that distinition as much.</p></blockquote>Your right, it's not like casting a ward.  A ward can be interrupted, and has to be recast over and over to keep you alive.  MS just regenerates at your out of combat rate, can't be interrupted, and is just about instant cast.

Bawang
06-03-2007, 04:19 AM
silentpsycho wrote: <blockquote><p>"casting" mana shield as a response to being attacked should put you in combat just as quickly as a druid casting a HOT or a shaman casting a ward.  if it's not, its a bug.</p></blockquote><p> I disagree with that.  a Heal-Over-Time is a heal.  Manashield is neither a heal nor a ward.  What the wizzard is doing is substuting one form of damage for another, I.E. he allows himself to take damage on his mana pool rather than his HP pool.  That should NOT put you into combat since there's no heal or ward involved.</p>

gfx
06-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Battlemage + Invoker imo.