PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Another "Newb SK questions" post

Deaudlus
05-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I recently started a SK.  He is currently lvl 23.  My main is a 70 swash and I have a lot of alts but my SK is by far my favorite so I have decide he will be my next toon to 70.  I tried doing a forum search and got some good information but I have a few questions that exceed the detail that the posts I found go in to. From what I have discovered it seems like a large portion of our damage comes from spells as opposed to melee so I am currently going down the INT line first for the spell crit bonus.  As I am sure most of you know that you have to get the nuke that requires the the symbol in your offhand before you get to the spell crit.  My question is this, Is it worth it (Since a large potion of a SK's damage comes from spells meaning all a weapon is really good for is auto attack) to actually use the symbol in the offhand to be able to use the nuke (because it seems decent for lower lvls)  when we are soloing/not tanking?  I'm not sure sure is the extra damage from the nuke is greater then the increased damage from a 2 hander.  Any info here would be greatly appericated. Thanks Edit: Forgot to ask.  Is dual wielding at all worthwhile or just stick with a 2 hander if I don't have a symbol in my offhand?

Stall101
05-29-2007, 01:44 AM
You are right in your assumption that our DPS comes from spells, and the int line is great. However, I feel that the symbol nuke isn't worth it. I have tried it, but I seem to keep coming back to my 2H'er. Although we get most of our damage from spells, we still get quiet a bit from auto-attacking, and still, we do have a FEW combat arts that you shouldn't forget. Its good mind you, but I feel that you will get better results with a 2 hander. This is my opinion... its important that you find what fits your playstyle the most. If a 2 hander is that, then use a two hander. If  its one hander and symbol, then use the one hander and symbol. Thats all I gotta say, Stall. P.S. Duel wielding is NOT worthwhile for the SK, mainly because we can never duel wield...

PFCGriff
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
I have my symbol nuke and shield bash macroed so that it will equipt what ever is needed. So I am mainly with a 1h/shield, use the nuke then hit shield bash to re-equipt/taunt for my next attack