PDA

View Full Version : When to buy EoF and DoF

CustosL
05-28-2007, 02:15 AM
I currently own KoS and the splitpaw saga adventure pack.  I am returning after a break and wondering what levels are EoF and DoF designed for.  I purchsed KoS right after it came out so I would be able to earn the aa points.  So I am just wondering if there is a optimal level to buy EoF and DoF or does EoF contain something like the aa's in KoS that if you do not start working on it as soon as you can that once you do buy it later it can be a lot harder to work on.  As I said though just mainly wondering around what levels I need to purchase these other 2 expansions to get the most out of them. Also the aa line in EoF, does it use the same points as the KoS aa's.  Basically if I earn points from the aa line in KoS can i just respec them to EoF aa's once I purchase that expansion. Thanks in advance for any input.

Lortet
05-28-2007, 03:55 AM
<p>DoF lvls 45 - 60, EoF 1 - 70</p><p>EoF boxed edition includes original game + all expansions but not adventure packs (splitpaw, bloodlines, isle of Mara one)</p><p>EoF aa points - accumulate the same as ealier aa points (but now start at lvl 10), but once allocated to the original or Eof aa point table they stay on that side - so if you had 25 aa points on the original system they stay there, and any allocated to the EoF aa table stay there. They recently revamped the original aa point table so all points there went back to the pool to be reallocated, but have to stay on that same table.</p>

Josgar
05-28-2007, 03:58 AM
You cannot respec points out of trees, however you get a pool of points when earning them that can be assigned to either tree...  but they cannot be reassigned once they are assigned to a specific tree. If you pick EOF up from the store you will get all of the expansions that appeared in retail. <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Everquest-II-Echoes-of-Faydwer/dp/B000H229BE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-7444972-2011102?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1180335302&sr=1-1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Everquest-II-...5302&sr=1-1</a> Not only that, but you will also get a bunch of content to play in. EOF is a level 1-70 expansion.

CustosL
05-28-2007, 11:39 AM
So if I get EoF is it easy to get from those zones to freeport?  Reason I ask is I am just thinking about being able to keep in a lot of quests.  So if I hit a dryspot in freeport and need some levels before starting another group is it simple to get over to the EoF zones and pick up quests that would fit my level.  That just seems like it would make leveling go a lot smoother so curious if thats how it would work.

Armawk
05-28-2007, 01:09 PM
<cite>CustosL wrote:</cite><blockquote>So if I get EoF is it easy to get from those zones to freeport?  Reason I ask is I am just thinking about being able to keep in a lot of quests.  So if I hit a dryspot in freeport and need some levels before starting another group is it simple to get over to the EoF zones and pick up quests that would fit my level.  That just seems like it would make leveling go a lot smoother so curious if thats how it would work.</blockquote> Yes thats how it works. free ship from nek docks. a bit of running around involved to get to some zones but lots of available content at all levels yay.

ke'la
05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
You can lvl to 55ish, if not higher in EoF with out ever visting any of the old world zones if you wish, at the same time you can do the same with the Old World content and never vist Faydwar, unless raiding. The way to Faydwar is to take the ship that shows up at Nek/TS docks every 5mins or so wich will take you to Butcherblock Mountains a 20-35ish zone, from there you can get to Greater Faydwar wich links to all the remaining zones and contains Kelethin the New Good Player City.

Vaha
05-31-2007, 11:09 AM
EoF with all of the expansions? Was that something they ran for a limited time? I can't find an EoF version in the store with all of the previous expansions. They have DoF, but not KoS?

Allisia
05-31-2007, 11:50 AM
All retail copies of Echoes of Faydwer include Desert of Flames and Kingdom of Sky on it. Rise of Kunark will also include all previous explansions.

Griffinhart
05-31-2007, 12:14 PM
It was pretty much said already, but yeah, DOF is 45 to 60, EOF is 1 to 70.  Definately get EOF as soon as possible.  The good news is that the retail version includes DOF as well.  It also includes KOS.  Only the retail version though.  And no, it's not a limited offer or anything.  Just make sure to get the retail box and you'll be all set.