PDA

View Full Version : Jeebus..too many fairies.


Kursa
05-23-2007, 02:35 PM
<p>My god, Neriak is being overrun by Fairies.</p><p>What is this world coming to?</p>

Galithdor
05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Heh give it up...these posts have been going on since the fae...so it gets old

interstellarmatter
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
How is this a bad thing?

cronar
05-23-2007, 05:24 PM
<p>It makes me wish that sony would make fae and arasai in eq1.</p>

Etchii
05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
<p>Throw in some lost boys, a pirate with a hook and we can officially change norrath to never never land.</p><p>My happy thought, the removal of all fairies from this game.</p><p>at least put on a class restriction...casters only.  Melee fairies = [Removed for Content]!?</p>

interstellarmatter
05-23-2007, 05:56 PM
<cite>Etchii wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>My happy thought, the removal of all fairies from this game.</p></blockquote> Why?

Tallika_Runwithbears
05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
<cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Etchii wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>My happy thought, the removal of all fairies from this game.</p></blockquote> Why?</blockquote>faries threaten his masculinity...

cronar
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM
<p>That is a shame, really. </p><p>I love playing my fae, and when i get home form work i will make an aresai.</p><p>Lots of fun to float around with.  </p><p><---All man and not ashamed of the fae!</p>

Windowlicker
05-23-2007, 07:23 PM
They need an emote: /eatfae Your character will pickup the fae, chew on it a few times then spit it out. I think it's an excellent idea.  Either that or /abusefae  .. your character will just lay a beating on the fae for a while.

Mwahaha
05-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Arasai brig with clobber ftw.  Gonna be fun knocking down races 3 times your size.

Greyshie
05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
<cite>Etchii wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Throw in some lost boys, a pirate with a hook and we can officially change norrath to never never land.</p><p>My happy thought, the removal of all fairies from this game.</p><p>at least put on a class restriction...casters only.  Melee fairies = [I cannot control my vocabulary]!?</p></blockquote><p>Yeah, I agree!</p><p>Let's have class restrictions.  That way Halflings, Half Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Gnomes, Erudite, and Ratonga would all be priests and mages!  Because, after all, they all make [I cannot control my vocabulary] for melee!  Amirite?</p><p><img src="/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

VizP
05-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah this is just like when frogloks were released and Norrath was over run with the sound of 'ribbit'. And now? I can't remember the last time I saw a frorlok anywhere - in fact when i do, its quite impressive. Its a case of 'wow look, a froglok!'. When I group with my main I dont find the fae outnumbering any of the other classes either. This sort of thing always happens when a new race comes out. Soon itll level out and just become 'another race'.

Zodiak
05-24-2007, 01:37 AM
I LOVE EM!  I can never have too many fairies =)

Kaishod
05-24-2007, 02:50 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Arasai brig with clobber ftw.  Gonna be fun knocking down races <span style="font-size: medium"><b><u>3</u></b></span> times your size.</blockquote> roflmao... 3 times?   wouldn't that just be picking on gnomes and dwarves?  

Galithdor
05-24-2007, 05:41 AM
I still dont get why you people hate fae/arasai so much...so what they are fairies lol its not like you HAVE to play them. And if you think fairies make you less of a man...thats creepy

selch
05-24-2007, 06:47 AM
<cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It makes me wish that sony would make fae and arasai in eq1.</p></blockquote> Eq1 is a serious game.

OakravenDesade
05-24-2007, 06:51 AM
<cite>selch wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It makes me wish that sony would make fae and arasai in eq1.</p></blockquote> Eq1 is a serious game.</blockquote><p> With Froglocks as a playable race. . .</p><p>you inadvertantly just defeted your own argument.</p>

selch
05-24-2007, 07:38 AM
<cite>OakravenDesade wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>selch wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It makes me wish that sony would make fae and arasai in eq1.</p></blockquote> Eq1 is a serious game.</blockquote><p> With Froglocks as a playable race. . .</p><p>you inadvertantly just defeted your own argument.</p></blockquote> Froglocks never been cute and never been target of feminen.

Rahatmattata
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
I hate froglocks <img src="/smilies/e78feac27fa924c4d0ad6cf5819f3554.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

MysidiaDrakkenbane
05-24-2007, 09:30 AM
<p>I don't mind the fae so much. I made an Arsai last night from a Fae placeholder I had for the name. </p><p>My beef is the special treatment they received. Special dances... and the fact that "safefall" pretty much became trivial with this race. Why would I bother leveling up my assassin when I can just roll an Arsai or Betrayed Fae one? They probably should have thought about that one a bit more before putting it in.</p><p>And for those of you who don't like the fae/arsai, save up your snowballs and just peg them when they're trying to float down somewhere. Instant Falling Fae.</p>

trainzebra
05-24-2007, 10:48 AM
<cite>selch wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>OakravenDesade wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>selch wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It makes me wish that sony would make fae and arasai in eq1.</p></blockquote> Eq1 is a serious game.</blockquote><p> With Froglocks as a playable race. . .</p><p>you inadvertantly just defeted your own argument.</p></blockquote> Froglocks never been cute and never been target of feminen.</blockquote>My girlfriend the first time she saw a Froglok: "Oh my god he's so cute!!"

Etchii
05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
<cite>MysidiaDrakkenbane wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>_snip_</p><p>And for those of you who don't like the fae/arsai, save up your snowballs and just peg them when they're trying to float down somewhere. Instant Falling Fae.</p></blockquote><p>Coyote wrote a funny story about this...which in turn was read by people, some of which have some sort of authority over the game, and thus it was fixed...</p><p> =(</p>

MysidiaDrakkenbane
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
<p>NOOOOOOOO!!!!!</p><p>Aww, come on! That was probably some of the funniest isht I've ever seen. I was crying I was laughing so hard.</p>

liveja
05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
<cite>Etchii wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Coyote wrote a funny story </p></blockquote><p> That's impossible, because Coyote is NOT FUNNY EVER.</p><p>See the NGD forum for more on this, but remember: discussion of Coyote on the NGD forum is NOT permitted. Violaters of this rule will be made fun of!</p><p><img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Naubeta
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM
EQ1 frogloks are very cute <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Ruut Li
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
<p>rofl! sorry all who are trying to be manly with their skipping little ribbit; female here who thinks frogloks are super cute!</p><p>Cute races: fae, arasai, frogloks and ratongas. Not up for debate sry thanks <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

antwar
05-24-2007, 11:26 AM
<p>personally, i LIKE the arasai (and fae too for that matter). yes, i am a guy. i admit i like the arasai wings. some of them are VERY manly looking. i could do without the emo dance and emo hair tho, but the wings really scream guy with arasai more than they do with fae.</p><p>i see no reason why arasai, or fae for that matter cannot be good scouts for melee.... think about it. you are a smaller race, harder to hit, more agile, and nimble because your center of gravity is so much lower. not to mention you dont really need to work up safe fall as a fae or arasai. you get glide at lvl 10 (you DID pick glide at 10 didnt you? ) i had an assassin on test that totally kicked butt on test, and i remade him on live servers and now it seems he kicks butt even more. dunno how that is possible, but thats the way it seems. </p><p>assassins seem to be able to solo more effectively as a scout than some of the others, rangers would be the exception to that, but then again assassins are supposed to be the evil rangers anyway.</p>

hobi
05-24-2007, 12:05 PM
<p>1. i wish people  would stop saying froglocks are cute!! i play a froglock  which ilike but geting tire of having to change his skin color just to make him look less cute geez<img src="/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />! thought that was the purpose of the faes were.</p><p>2. in the best best interest of the game and to spur some fun faction pvp i suggest adding seige battles such forces of neriak invading the fae city of kelenth and alowing it to be burned . that would could the overly cute fay population and prove the aresai are the true pure ans superior winged race. after which neriak forces can concentrated on taking over freeport!</p><p>you all know number 2 is the best way to deal with the over population of cuteness being the colorful fairies which are not to be confused with the sadistic aresai race</p>

Griffinhart
05-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Cute or not, my Froglok always feels like he's at a Las Vegas style buffet when he's in Kelethin.

Lunah
05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
<p>Give it a month and you wont see nearly as many Arasai around. Trust me when I made my fae and levelled her the higher I got the less of my kindred I saw. Would love to see the numbers on level 70 fae...I seriously dont think it is many on the PvE servers. But of course my arasai will someday be up there in level with my fae...once you get used to safefall as a caster there is no going back. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Ravaan
05-24-2007, 01:11 PM
I think all Fae/Arasai should be Pkable by anyone and be lootable (full loot) after killing them. And maybe be able to take thier heads so we can decorate our houses with them.

interstellarmatter
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
<cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote>I think all Fae/Arasai should be Pkable by anyone and be lootable (full loot) after killing them. And maybe be able to take thier heads so we can decorate our houses with them.</blockquote> That my friend is why they will never let you on the design team.

Ravaan
05-24-2007, 01:24 PM
<cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote>I think all Fae/Arasai should be Pkable by anyone and be lootable (full loot) after killing them. And maybe be able to take thier heads so we can decorate our houses with them.</blockquote> That my friend is why they will never let you on the design team.</blockquote> whoever came up with this [Removed for Content] race (both of em) shouldn't be on the design team either.

Kursa
05-24-2007, 01:31 PM
<cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote>I think all Fae/Arasai should be Pkable by anyone and be lootable (full loot) after killing them. And maybe be able to take thier heads so we can decorate our houses with them.</blockquote> That my friend is why they will never let you on the design team.</blockquote>roflmao!!!

Iseabeil
05-24-2007, 01:46 PM
<cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote>I think all Fae/Arasai should be Pkable by anyone and be lootable (full loot) after killing them. And maybe be able to take thier heads so we can decorate our houses with them.</blockquote> That my friend is why they will never let you on the design team.</blockquote> whoever came up with this [I cannot control my vocabulary] race (both of em) shouldn't be on the design team either.</blockquote> Funny that you say that, I thought the idea was to encourage playing, and seeing the huge amount of arasai and fae, those races seem to do that. I cant count the times I seen people in the low level channels comment about 'how it was just like at launch' with the overcrowded zones and people all over since the live update. You know, with the newbie zones, antonica/commonlands, TS/nek all having 2-3 instances. Granted, the new character slot probably made a big differance there, but it sure sparked a lot of interest, wich Id rank as a good design decision. Ive seen a lot of complaints about those 2 races, but I see more people play them then I see complaining about them.

Ravaan
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
<cite>Iseabeil wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote>I think all Fae/Arasai should be Pkable by anyone and be lootable (full loot) after killing them. And maybe be able to take thier heads so we can decorate our houses with them.</blockquote> That my friend is why they will never let you on the design team.</blockquote> whoever came up with this [I cannot control my vocabulary] race (both of em) shouldn't be on the design team either.</blockquote> Funny that you say that, I thought the idea was to encourage playing, and seeing the huge amount of arasai and fae, those races seem to do that. I cant count the times I seen people in the low level channels comment about 'how it was just like at launch' with the overcrowded zones and people all over since the live update. You know, with the newbie zones, antonica/commonlands, TS/nek all having 2-3 instances. Granted, the new character slot probably made a big differance there, but it sure sparked a lot of interest, wich Id rank as a good design decision. Ive seen a lot of complaints about those 2 races, but I see more people play them then I see complaining about them.</blockquote> of course it is ... because its new, many are going to try the "new thing". You could have a new race that looks like a giant [Removed for Content] and there will be a ton of them running around on the first day.

Raveller
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
<cite>antwarle wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>i see no reason why arasai, or fae for that matter cannot be good scouts for melee.... think about it. you are a smaller race, harder to hit, more agile, and nimble because your center of gravity is so much lower. not to mention you dont really need to work up safe fall as a fae or arasai. you get glide at lvl 10 (you DID pick glide at 10 didnt you? ) i had an assassin on test that totally kicked butt on test, and i remade him on live servers and now it seems he kicks butt even more. dunno how that is possible, but thats the way it seems. </p></blockquote>Body size is not a factor in combat in EQ2. Center of gravity does not exist in this game. What matters for defense is Avoidance (Agility and Shield), Mitigation (Armor). Nice try. Where fairies (both Fae and Recolored Fae) do get advantages as a scout are a high base Agility (30), +5 Defense racial tradition, a +5% movement speed which does not suspend in combat, and a +5 Agility racial tradition (Fae only, not Recolored Fae). They also have a very low base strength (10) which doesn't help. Safe fall for Fae and Recolored Fae scouts is double edged. Yes, you won't have to work up safe fall. Unfortunately, you will find it very difficult to work up safe fall. Which means when you do need it (fairy parachuting ability suspends in combat), you won't have it. Hope you hit 'Yell for help' fast enough.

Kursa
05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
what the heck is a recolored fae? Please enlighten me on this <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

cronar
05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
<p>Wow. Gotta love the narrow minded opinions being tossed around here.</p><p>Back to what i was saying before, in EQ1, they should not only add fae/arasai but Ratonga as well.</p><p>Cute or not, the fae and ratonga are unique races that i personally have fun playing. </p>

Ba
05-24-2007, 02:37 PM
<cite>Kursa wrote:</cite><blockquote>what the heck is a recolored fae? Please enlighten me on this <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p> He's being a smart-alek. Some people were disappointed that Arasai are a lot like Fae in terms of overall visual appearance (even though you can make them look radically different if you choose).</p><p>What people need to remember was that the Arasai race was actually created at the same time as Fae as an "evil counterpart", they just didnt have time to fully finish them and apply the finishing touches (and iron out all the wrinkles) before EoF was released.</p><p>I suspect they also may have deliberately held off on them a while until had a chance to gauge the player reaction to a "fairy" race -- which ended up being overall very positive. It would have been bad for them to have released TWO fairy-derived races (instead of just ONE) if the player reception was negative and hostile to the concept.</p>

Allisia
05-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Ironically I saw more lowbie tier'dal in Darklight than arasai. Then again, maybe I just <b>overlooked</b> them. <img src="/smilies/49869fe8223507d7223db3451e5321aa.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Gnevil
05-25-2007, 01:24 AM
<p>You aren't a real man if you play a Fae... </p><p>Umm .. it's a game, a make believe fantasy realm.  [Removed for Content] is wrong with playing a race that is fast, floats can practically ignore the in game geometry.  And do all the things that other races can do, in some cases better due to their racial traits?</p><p>I guess all of you FAE haters also drive oversized 4wheel drive trucks with huge tires and lots of chrome cause it's a manly vehicle... yet almost never take it off road and do what it was designed to do?  Cause you might scratch it???</p><p>Give me a break if you don't like the FAE don't roll one up, personally I can't find a dang thing wrong with them as they are in entirely new zones with tons of new quests.  </p><p>Wait .. I did find something wrong with my new EVIL fae... he dances like a Hollywood stage actor... what a pansy.. Other then that it's not a big deal if you don't like them don't play them... keep playing your over muscled Barbarians or Ogres and feel (((thumps chest))) more manly.</p>

tass
05-25-2007, 01:32 AM
pfft my evil fay looks like he'd just tear something out of you and walk away. Almost an exact replica of M night shamalons the nightflier.

Guy De Alsace
05-25-2007, 11:14 AM
<p>Fae are creepy looking with their huge unblinking pupilless eyes and hair modelled from vacuum formed plastic. Its funny how they made the Fae look evil by giving them slightly red eyes and oddly coloured wings. Reminds me of the hilarity that ensued when spiderman went evil in SM3 by moving some hairs downward across his right eye and putting some black mascara on. Funniest bit of the film.</p>

liveja
05-25-2007, 11:33 AM
<cite>Ravaan wrote:</cite><blockquote>whoever came up with this [I cannot control my vocabulary] race (both of em) shouldn't be on the design team either.</blockquote>You know -- since it obviously rocks your world so badly -- you don't have to put up with it.

VizP
05-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Just a quick point - 'The Night Flyer' is a Stephen King story (and subsequent movie). Not one of Nights things.

antwar
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
<cite>Raveller wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>antwarle wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>i see no reason why arasai, or fae for that matter cannot be good scouts for melee.... think about it. you are a smaller race, harder to hit, more agile, and nimble because your center of gravity is so much lower. not to mention you dont really need to work up safe fall as a fae or arasai. you get glide at lvl 10 (you DID pick glide at 10 didnt you? ) i had an assassin on test that totally kicked butt on test, and i remade him on live servers and now it seems he kicks butt even more. dunno how that is possible, but thats the way it seems. </p></blockquote>Body size is not a factor in combat in EQ2. Center of gravity does not exist in this game. What matters for defense is Avoidance (Agility and Shield), Mitigation (Armor). Nice try. Where fairies (both Fae and Recolored Fae) do get advantages as a scout are a high base Agility (30), +5 Defense racial tradition, a +5% movement speed which does not suspend in combat, and a +5 Agility racial tradition (Fae only, not Recolored Fae). They also have a very low base strength (10) which doesn't help. Safe fall for Fae and Recolored Fae scouts is double edged. Yes, you won't have to work up safe fall. Unfortunately, you will find it very difficult to work up safe fall. Which means when you do need it (fairy parachuting ability suspends in combat), you won't have it. Hope you hit 'Yell for help' fast enough. </blockquote><p>see you unfortunately did not see my point... i was speaking from an RP perspective. in real life, pwople who are smaller, tend to be faster fighters. this does not mean they are better than the bigger people, just they are faster.</p><p>also, i never said safe fall did not come in handy on a fae or arasai.... and the comment about it suspending in combat is FALSE... you can be in combat and it works. as soon as you get HIT, that is when it suspends. its more pray to god the mob you are fighting has a short reach, is not a caster or has a ranged weapon. if you resist said ranged attack, it still does not fall, it is only when a hit actually lands. </p>