PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding personal status points and guild status points

sdavidf
05-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I have just come back to the game after a long while away and am a bit confused about status points and guild status points. I keep reading conflicting information from various web sites about the two.  At the moment i have about 18k status points and since i just joined a guild and have done some writs I have about 2.5k guild status points. I was thinking that I nearly had enough to get a status based 2 bedroom apartment, but now i am not sure if you use you personal status points or you guild status points for purchasing housing. If it is guild sp them i am nowhere near having enough. Also as carpenter I have made several items of furniture that has status reduction. Is used to reduce the amount of status that you pay monthly when you own a house you purchase with status points? hoping that someone can clear this up for me David

Cusashorn
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
<p>Personal Status.</p><p>Guild status is nothing more than a number showing how much you've contributed to leveling up the guild.</p>

Nuhus
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Personal status is what you spend, guild status is just what youve contributed to a guild

Rijacki
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM
The guild status is a visual, nothing more.  It can't be spent.  It can't be transferred.  The display will go to 0 if you leave your current guild, even if you immediately rejoin it.  It will be 0 if you leave your current guild and join another until you start earning status for that guild. You also cannot increase or decrease the amount of status you contribute for doing a writ, an HQ, turning in a status item, or killing certain raid targets.  Nor can you contribute status other than by doing writs, HQs, turning in status items, or killing certain raid targets. SOME guilds assign rank or awards based on how much status members have contributed.  Also, even though your contributed status display becomes zero when you leave a guild, the guild does not lose the status you earned for them.

Rokaab
05-23-2007, 05:52 AM
<cite>sdavidf wrote:</cite><blockquote> Also as carpenter I have made several items of furniture that has status reduction. Is used to reduce the amount of status that you pay monthly when you own a house you purchase with status points? </blockquote><p> Yep, status reduction items reduce the amount of status you pay for status housing (though, you pay weekly not monthly).</p><p>Eg. a house costs x gold and y status per week, some items you have get a,b,and c rent reduction on them (and you put them in your house), therefore the rent you now pay is x gold (still) and y-(a+b+c) status per week. And yes, you can reduce the status cost down to nothing if you put enough status reducing items in it.</p>