PDA

View Full Version : Track is Broken.


-Arctura-
05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
On pvp servers for the past 3-4 weeks, Track has been seemingly broken. Players are not appearing on the Track list as they should, when they arrive within track range, sometimes you see them face to face before they appear on track, sometimes they dont appear on track at all!  It was SOMEWHAT like that last year, but nowhere NEAR this bad. It only used to occur when one was lagging out. Now when your ping is perfect it still happens. No, I am not lagging out, and no I dont have a laggy connection. This happens FREQUENTLY and OFTEN! And it never has before, and MANY people are noticing it! Try it yourself. pop up track window Walk up to an ENEMY pvp target Notice the delay in the update. test2 pop up track window use Butterfly and Owl totems to see invis walk up to an ENEMY pvp target that is stealthed or invis Notice the delay in the update. and finally test3 die and revive yourself at a spot where ENEMY pvp targets are already standing around notice they may not even appear on track for the first 30sec to 1minute, yet you can see them face to face. Guarantee you that atleast SOME of the time there will be a HUGE discrepancy in the time between you arriving in regular track range and when their name appears on track screen itself. (Mobs seem to be working as normally and mob names appear on track right quick, seems to be enemy PVP targets that are having some kind of delay or something. Was Track Distance coding changed for PVP targets and in some way reduced? Does the Track Screen update itself less often as before? Perhaps this should be looked into, Theres alot of complaints and confusion going on in various threads, here is one for example where we are sharing our experiences with the recent broken track feature. <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=363042" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> </a><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=363042" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=363042</a> <img src="http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/Arctura000/DarkShadow2ONEXX.gif" border="0">

Image_Vain
05-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh wow, SOE needs to get on the ball with this one, fix this please so we scouts can find everyone/kill them.

Nuhus
05-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah, track is being weird.

CresentBlade
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
<p><span style="font-size: small"><b>YES!!<span style="font-size: xx-small">.......er I mean ah man that really sucks.<img src="/smilies/97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></span></b></span></p>

Borias
05-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I haven't had a whole lot of tracking issues lately, but a lot of times you will see people close on track and they still might take awhile to render.  The thing about reviving or tracking people that just revived has been pretty well documented.  It has to do with not moving around, or the target not moving around.

Demonkill
05-23-2007, 01:52 AM
track does seem broke atm

Leorange
05-23-2007, 08:49 AM
<p>Bugger. This obviously has to be looked into and fixed.</p><p>In the meantime, do what we mages have <i>mastered</i> our skills in: <b>L2LATS</b></p><p> .</p><p> ..</p><p>Learn 2 Look Around 360° <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Kru
05-24-2007, 03:45 AM
<cite>-Arctura- wrote:</cite><blockquote> On pvp servers for the past 3-4 weeks, Track has been seemingly broken. Players are not appearing on the Track list as they should, when they arrive within track range, sometimes you see them face to face before they appear on track, sometimes they dont appear on track at all!  It was SOMEWHAT like that last year, but nowhere NEAR this bad. It only used to occur when one was lagging out. Now when your ping is perfect it still happens. No, I am not lagging out, and no I dont have a laggy connection. This happens FREQUENTLY and OFTEN! And it never has before, and MANY people are noticing it! Try it yourself. pop up track window Walk up to an ENEMY pvp target Notice the delay in the update. test2 pop up track window use Butterfly and Owl totems to see invis walk up to an ENEMY pvp target that is stealthed or invis Notice the delay in the update. and finally test3 die and revive yourself at a spot where ENEMY pvp targets are already standing around notice they may not even appear on track for the first 30sec to 1minute, yet you can see them face to face. Guarantee you that atleast SOME of the time there will be a HUGE discrepancy in the time between you arriving in regular track range and when their name appears on track screen itself. (Mobs seem to be working as normally and mob names appear on track right quick, seems to be enemy PVP targets that are having some kind of delay or something. Was Track Distance coding changed for PVP targets and in some way reduced? Does the Track Screen update itself less often as before? Perhaps this should be looked into, Theres alot of complaints and confusion going on in various threads, here is one for example where we are sharing our experiences with the recent broken track feature. <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=363042" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> </a><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=363042" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=363042</a> <img src="http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/Arctura000/DarkShadow2ONEXX.gif" border="0"> </blockquote> I'm 85% certain that this is not an issue with track, but an issue with certain character models not rendering correctly.  You'll find assassins love to use a character model that doesn't render properly, so they can pop up behind you and decap you without you even knowing they were in the area.  Rendering has been broken in Everquest II for as long as I can remember, and there is no end in sight for them fixing the issues.  You'll see a rendering fix here and there, but it never seems to fix actual PC rendering (so PVP gets pretty ridiculous.)

CresentBlade
05-24-2007, 04:21 AM
Rendering has been a huge problem for a long time, even before merges and such. This LU has helped some but still see alot of problems. I am guessing there is alot of bad code floating around that needs to be fixed.

Skill
05-24-2007, 03:22 PM
<b><span style="color: #0099ff"><span style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif"><span style="font-size: small">I can confirm that track is definitely not working so well for PvP. When I made my new "evil fae" scout, i popped on track. All the NPCs were showing up just fine. Turned it to pc only, it was blank. Meanwhile, there are 7 people running around me. Waited for 30 seconds, still nothing. In this scenario, had nothing to do with illusion forms. All the PCs around me were Level 1-6. Something is very messed up with track, SOE should get the hotfix wand out asap. As for illusion forms, had that happen to me the other day. Trying to kill Oghran with a low group of 12-14, and a ranger just appears in the middle of the group, kills our necro in 2 shots, and runs away. 2 min later, he appears again right in the middle of group, kills me, a lil warlock, and runs again. At no time did any of us see him till he was attacking. All had see invis, but we didn't even see his stealth form. Rendering problems are the worst thing about PVP right now. And i guess his track was working just fine... </span></span></span></b>

CresentBlade
05-24-2007, 03:43 PM
<p>I think I speak for most casters when I say:</p><p><span style="font-size: xx-large">YEEEEEEHAW!!<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></span></p>

Magius789
05-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I heard track has a 6 second refresh timer and thats how people/guilds have been killing people before they show up on track.  They say you have to time it right, however I have no idea how you would know when a person's track is "refreshing" so take that statement as a grain of salt or whatever.

Captain Apple Darkberry
05-24-2007, 05:50 PM
<cite>CresentBlade wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I think I speak for most casters when I say:</p><p><span style="font-size: xx-large">YEEEEEEHAW!!<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></span></p></blockquote><p>That was funny...  =P</p>

CresentBlade
05-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Captain Apple Darkberry wrote: <blockquote><cite>CresentBlade wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I think I speak for most casters when I say:</p><p><span style="font-size: xx-large">YEEEEEEHAW!!<img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></span></p></blockquote><p>That was funny...  =P</p></blockquote>Well I am not trying to be mean to scouts, I can understand as a player how annoying it can be to have problems with you class so can totally feel for scouts. But as a caster, I cry tears of joy.<img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

-Arctura-
05-25-2007, 08:31 PM
*cough* (( yes.. there are NO problems with track... *nods lots*.. please mages, do Not try to time anything or fight back... track is working perfectly! *cough*.... run in fear as usual! <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> <img src="http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/Arctura000/DarkShadow2ONEXX.gif" border="0">

deepruntramp
05-25-2007, 08:46 PM
track is overpowered in pvp either nerf scout dps or make track not work in pvp else i wont invite you to my birthday party

Image_Vain
05-25-2007, 09:06 PM
<cite>deepruntramp wrote:</cite><blockquote>track is overpowered in pvp either nerf scout dps or make track not work in pvp else i wont invite you to my birthday party </blockquote> Track is fine, dps is working as intended, you suck, wouldn't want in on your B-day anyway

dr4gonUK
05-25-2007, 11:10 PM
<p>Track is for swashys, real scouts dont use track.</p>

HerbertWalker
05-26-2007, 09:02 AM
<p>Removing track completely from the game would be a great first step towards improving the variety of classes out there in the world.</p><p>Following that up with significant nerfs to the dps and solo gank abilities of certain classes would be a great second step.</p><p>But I assume that the devs intended for most of the characters to be a select few classes, otherwise such changes would have been implemented a long time ago in the interest of having a diverse community.</p><p>For a rich game such as this, it is somewhat shameful that we have so little class diversity.  This lack of diversity is one of the big things that water down the game for me.</p>

yellowbelly08
05-26-2007, 09:14 AM
<p>The game has awesome class diversity in fact....</p><p>Galoro</p>

dr4gonUK
05-26-2007, 12:07 PM
<cite>HerbertWalker wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Removing track completely from the game would be a great first step towards improving the variety of classes out there in the world.</p><p>Following that up with significant nerfs to the dps and solo gank abilities of certain classes would be a great second step.</p><p>But I assume that the devs intended for most of the characters to be a select few classes, otherwise such changes would have been implemented a long time ago in the interest of having a diverse community.</p><p>For a rich game such as this, it is somewhat shameful that we have so little class diversity.  This lack of diversity is one of the big things that water down the game for me.</p></blockquote><p> Dude.......</p><p>If we went with that logic there would be only one class. Scouts get track. Get used to it.</p><p>Nothing stopping anyone playing a scout.</p><p>And seriously, so little class diversity?? Everything you wrote is a move towards class vanillafication. Contradict yourself much?</p>

HerbertWalker
05-26-2007, 12:46 PM
<p>There are plenty of class choices, that is a great thing.   If they could make every class equally as desirable to play, then people would choose them and play them. Then we would see diversity in this world.  Right now we don't, otherwise you would bump into as many mystics as you do rangers.</p><p>In order to make each class equally desirable to play, each class must be very solo and very group effective through all tiers.  This is a very difficult thing to accomplish from a dev perspective, while maintaining a long list of classes that truly are unique to play (not vanilla.)</p><p>It is so difficult that we should assume it to be impossible.  But taking away track from an overpowered class, and giving it to a [Removed for Content] one is a good step in that direction.  Take away some of the solo tricks for gankage from a scout and giving it to a guardian would keep the classes unique and promote more players to play a guardian.  Thus, promotes diversity in the world, not just diversity in your choice at character creation.</p>

deepruntramp
05-26-2007, 07:51 PM
I love scumbag scouts who try to defend their overpoweredness by claiming any nerfs they'd get are akin to reducing the game to one playable class. The great irony of this statement, of course, is that Scouts in their overpowered state are ALREADY REDUCING THE GAME TO ONE PLAYABLE CLASS. You either play a Scout and have fun PvPing, or you play a Scout's token vendor. And then when someone stands up and says "Hey, isn't this a little unfair?" the Scouts descend upon them screaming YOU WANT THIS GAME TO BE FOAM BAT PVP WITH ONE CLASS AND ONE MOVE HUH? And then, seemingly blind to the contradiction, YOU CAN ROLL A SCOUT TOO STOP CRYING. Diversity isn't about all the insane and unbalanced tools that the highest DPS class gets. It's about the other 3/4 of the classes who get two-shotted and then laughed at, and their dwindling population compared to Scouts. Track needs to be made nonfunctional in PvP. Utterly f-ing absurd that, on top of whenever-I-feel-like-it Stealth and reroll-Scout-please single target DPS, these bimbos get RADAR to help them find someone to sneeze on, and by virtue of the OP status, kill. Nerf Scouts.

Magius789
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Scouts have track because that is a trait of there class.  Giving a mage track or a zerker track makes no sense and you get away from the fantasy role-playing aspect and pretty soon classes like rangers will be able to fusion and wizards can decap.  Atleast think about what you say before you type it...<img src="/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

deepruntramp
05-26-2007, 09:53 PM
<cite>Magius789 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts have track because that is a trait of there class.  Giving a mage track or a zerker track makes no sense and you get away from the fantasy role-playing aspect and pretty soon classes like rangers will be able to fusion and wizards can decap.  Atleast think about what you say before you type it...</blockquote> 1.)  Game balance comes before silly RP lore issues.  And Track could still work fine in PvE, there's your lore. 2.)  Track is EXTREMELY powerful in PvP.  If Scouts are going to have it, their DPS needs to be nerfed HARD.

HerbertWalker
05-27-2007, 12:24 AM
<p>Think about what you say before you type it?</p><p>Oh, I have thought about it very deeply and have come to the conclusion that guardians should have track, and scouts should not.  It makes sense for balance.  I could care less about roleplay.</p>

Norrsken
05-27-2007, 06:42 AM
<cite>Magius789 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts have track because that is a trait of there class.  Giving a mage track or a zerker track makes no sense and you get away from the fantasy role-playing aspect and pretty soon classes like rangers will be able to fusion and wizards can decap.  Atleast think about what you say before you type it...<img src="/smilies/2786c5c8e1a8be796fb2f726cca5a0fe.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p>What scouts have is not tracking, its radar. Radar fits better with mages imo. </p>

Image_Vain
05-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Scouts should have <span style="color: #cc0000">Harm touch</span>.

Norrsken
05-27-2007, 06:58 AM
<cite>Image_Vain wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts should have <span style="color: #cc0000">Harm touch</span>. </blockquote> They get even better damage stuff than HT. Like snipers shot and decapitate. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

MaNiaGG84
05-27-2007, 07:43 AM
<cite>deepruntramp wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Magius789 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts have track because that is a trait of there class.  Giving a mage track or a zerker track makes no sense and you get away from the fantasy role-playing aspect and pretty soon classes like rangers will be able to fusion and wizards can decap.  Atleast think about what you say before you type it...</blockquote> 1.)  Game balance comes before silly RP lore issues.  And Track could still work fine in PvE, there's your lore. 2.)  Track is EXTREMELY powerful in PvP.  If Scouts are going to have it, their DPS needs to be nerfed HARD. </blockquote><p>Well they did that in WoW and gave The Horde Paladins, rofl.</p><p>Scouts track, Tanks tank, Healers heal and casters..well, cast. </p><p>The day we get tracking casters and scouts shooting fireballs will be the day I quit, lolz </p>

Image_Vain
05-27-2007, 08:36 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>Image_Vain wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts should have <span style="color: #cc0000">Harm touch</span>. </blockquote> They get even better damage stuff than HT. Like snipers shot and decapitate. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote>Yes, but they don't have HT instant cast, and 1second recast<img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Image_Vain
05-27-2007, 08:43 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote> <p>Well they did that in WoW and gave The Horde Paladins, rofl.</p><p>Scouts track, Tanks tank, Healers heal and casters..well, cast. </p><p>The day we get tracking casters and scouts shooting fireballs will be the day I quit, lolz </p></blockquote> What about casting, & HTing, scouts? [Removed for Content]

HerbertWalker
05-27-2007, 12:22 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>The day we get tracking casters and scouts shooting fireballs will be the day I quit, lolz </p></blockquote><p>If a single scout quits the game, that is also a baby step in the right direction, if class diversity the goal. What would be better though instead of quitting is if that scout rolled a seldom played class, but he would only do so if that class was gifted some abilities to make it good at solo PvP.</p><p>These ideas are not about giving the same abilities to everyone.  It's not like WOW, as you claim.  These ideas here are all about taking away from the overpowered (and vastly over-represented) and giving to the [Removed for Content], in the interest of diversity in game.  It's boring fighting scouts over and over.  I want to fight a guardian, but there are none.  Prettty simple concept to grasp, but you will continue to try to twist it into something it is not.</p><p>No one wants vanilla classes.  And of course you despise the idea of taking away a strong ability from a class that you spent a long time suiting up.  It is clear though, that you have no stake in what is good for the game - only what is good for you.   No offense intended here, makes sense to me that one would be selfish in this regard.   But most of us are not buying your argument.  It does not matter if mages are the ones who have track, or scouts - because I can see right though this.  You aren't into roleplay.  You will just attempt to use that argument to maintain the pecking order status quo.</p>

deepruntramp
05-27-2007, 06:49 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>deepruntramp wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Magius789 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts have track because that is a trait of there class.  Giving a mage track or a zerker track makes no sense and you get away from the fantasy role-playing aspect and pretty soon classes like rangers will be able to fusion and wizards can decap.  Atleast think about what you say before you type it...</blockquote> 1.)  Game balance comes before silly RP lore issues.  And Track could still work fine in PvE, there's your lore. 2.)  Track is EXTREMELY powerful in PvP.  If Scouts are going to have it, their DPS needs to be nerfed HARD. </blockquote><p>Well they did that in WoW and gave The Horde Paladins, rofl.</p><p>Scouts track, Tanks tank, Healers heal and casters..well, cast. </p><p>The day we get tracking casters and scouts shooting fireballs will be the day I quit, lolz </p></blockquote> Please.  I'm not asking for every class to have every ability.  I'm asking, quite simply, for Scouts to be nerfed. Scout DPS is too high for the overwhelming baseline utility they bring (Stealth, Group Stealth, Track, Track Hidden, Movespeed).  Those things are balanced in PvE but are amazingly powerful in PvP.  Combine with the single highest PvP damage (despite being a T2 DPS archetype) and you've got an overpowered class. Also, just to be clear, when I say "Scout" I mean Swashie/Brigand/Ranger/Assassin.  Pretty much in that order of needing nerfs too.  Bards are fine imo. Druids are a similar issue -- for instance, they have too much utility for being able to nuke as hard as Wizards in T3. Every class needs to be as viable in solo PvP as a Swashie/Brigand/Ranger/Assassin.  If that means nerfing those classes, so be it.

Norrsken
05-27-2007, 07:02 PM
<cite>Image_Vain wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>Image_Vain wrote:</cite><blockquote>Scouts should have <span style="color: #cc0000">Harm touch</span>. </blockquote> They get even better damage stuff than HT. Like snipers shot and decapitate. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote>Yes, but they don't have HT instant cast, and 1second recast<img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </blockquote>Ah no, but then again, HT has a 15 minute recast. Unless its resisted, when its 2-3 seconds. But those very same scouts have about 3 more attacks in the same damage range as HT. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> SKs dont.