PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance of a new playable evil race in Kunark?

Maroger
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
<p>I would hope that we would get a REAL evil race to play in Kunark ( not a warmed over Fae) and would like to put in a vote for the Shissar. I would love to have a Shissar character with maybe a racial breath spell. Take a look at the cool new race in The Serpent's Spine.</p><p>Since hopefully Cabilis will come back - I hope it will be a starting city for a new evil race of Shissars ( they threw the Iksars' out before Luclin explodes) and have a newly rebuilt temple of Ssraeshza in Cabilis). Ater all the Grey was sort of cramped for the Shissars.</p><p>I think Cabilis would be a great starting city for a new evil race and I hope we will see one. I feel we got cheated with the warmed over Fae -- not even the time to create a brand new 3D model for those of us who play evil characters.</p><p>PS  -- Parts of Luclin survived the explosion, and Shar Vahl is an island in the middle of the ocean. </p>

liveja
05-10-2007, 11:59 AM
<cite>Maroger wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Since hopefully Cabilis will come back.</p></blockquote><p>If it does, it's going to be a dungeon like Kaladim or Klak'Anon.</p><p>The new player race for Kunark has apparently been announced. Since Arasai have already been tabbed as the new evil race, adding ANOTHER evil race in the Kunark expansion would require adding another good race, to balance it out. & that would mean 2 additional n00b areas, instead of the one they have planned, & you know how the raiders would fill their pants over that idea.</p><p>Do yourself a huge favor: get over it already.</p>

Emerix
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
arent sarnak evil ?

Polywogus
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Not sure about Shissar as a race I'd pick, but wanted to say I agree w/ your comment about warmed-over Fae. I'm delighted to see Neriak return, new stuff being announced, don't get me wrong...I think I was expecting Kunark to be the 'evils' expac. =( Oh well. & the Temple really was too cramped, wasn't it? Their heads nearly touched the ceiling in some spots.

Galithdor
05-10-2007, 12:13 PM
[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>arent sarnak evil ?</blockquote> They are on EQ1 but some races would probably sacrifice their races pride and join up with others if they need to (like the shattering...the Sarnak not living in chardok anymore..lol)

MarrGardian
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
<cite>Galithdor wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>arent sarnak evil ?</blockquote> They are on EQ1 but some races would probably sacrifice their races pride and join up with others if they need to (like the shattering...the Sarnak not living in chardok anymore..lol)</blockquote> well hey these sarnak and the other races all share a common goal... hope the iksar do not gain the power they once had in the past.

Galithdor
05-10-2007, 05:08 PM
[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote><cite>Galithdor wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>arent sarnak evil ?</blockquote> They are on EQ1 but some races would probably sacrifice their races pride and join up with others if they need to (like the shattering...the Sarnak not living in chardok anymore..lol)</blockquote> well hey these sarnak and the other races all share a common goal... hope the iksar do not gain the power they once had in the past.</blockquote>Well the Sarnak are still at war with iksar lol but they are going to be a neutral race heh

Cragger
05-11-2007, 03:08 PM
1. All the Shissar on Norrath where exterminated by Cazic Thule because they thought themselves better then him and no longer feared him. 2. The Shissar on Luclin where all undead, and like most things with luclin required large exceptions to plausability for even fantasy to exist within the established lore.

Allisia
05-11-2007, 03:12 PM
[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>1. All the Shissar on Norrath where exterminated by Cazic Thule because they thought themselves better then him and no longer feared him. 2. The Shissar on Luclin where all undead, and like most things with luclin required large exceptions to plausability for even fantasy to exist within the established lore. </blockquote>1. That does not mean they could not return to Norrath. 2. No, not all shissar on Luclin were undead.

Cusashorn
05-11-2007, 03:30 PM
<p>A new evil race? DUDE! YOU JUST GOT THE ARASAI!!!</p><p>The Sarnaks are neutral. Let them have thier moment of glory.</p>

Josgar
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
And You can make an Arasai look very evil... Not all things evil are ugly and not all things good/neutral are cute...

Vyrance
05-11-2007, 06:51 PM
<cite>Galithdor wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>arent sarnak evil ?</blockquote> They are on EQ1 but some races would probably sacrifice their races pride and join up with others if they need to (like the shattering...the Sarnak not living in chardok anymore..lol)</blockquote>the sarnaks do live in chardok still.  i think the producer said that chardok is a front-line defensive position against the Iksar Empire.  its just that as a player youll be starting out as one of those engineered Sarnaks, so youre supposed to be hidden from the Iksars' knowledge.

initoci
05-11-2007, 07:34 PM
<cite>Vyrance wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Galithdor wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>arent sarnak evil ?</blockquote> They are on EQ1 but some races would probably sacrifice their races pride and join up with others if they need to (like the shattering...the Sarnak not living in chardok anymore..lol)</blockquote>the sarnaks do live in chardok still.  i think the producer said that chardok is a front-line defensive position against the Iksar Empire.  its just that as a player youll be starting out as one of those engineered Sarnaks, so youre supposed to be hidden from the Iksars' knowledge. </blockquote><p> perfectly said.</p><p>Im wondering where a Sarnak would go after they are level 20+?</p>

ke'la
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>Vyrance wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Galithdor wrote:</cite><blockquote>[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>arent sarnak evil ?</blockquote> They are on EQ1 but some races would probably sacrifice their races pride and join up with others if they need to (like the shattering...the Sarnak not living in chardok anymore..lol)</blockquote>the sarnaks do live in chardok still.  i think the producer said that chardok is a front-line defensive position against the Iksar Empire.  its just that as a player youll be starting out as one of those engineered Sarnaks, so youre supposed to be hidden from the Iksars' knowledge. </blockquote><p> perfectly said.</p><p>Im wondering where a Sarnak would go after they are level 20+?</p></blockquote>They would go to TS, Nek or BBM; then EL, Zek or Near Steamfont; then Feer, Far Steamfont, LS, or EF; then SS, PoF, or  <strike>Gfay</strike> Lfay; Then TT, BS, BM, or LP; then back to RoK.

Hadanelith
05-11-2007, 09:11 PM
<p><i><b>Quoted from Ke'La</b></i></p><p><i><b> They would go to TS, Nek or BBM; then EL, Zek or Near Steamfont; then Feer, Far Steamfont, LS, or EF; then SS, PoF, or Lfay; Then TT, BS, BM, or LP; then back to RoK.</b></i> </p><p>It still strikes me as strange that they have a 1-20 "noobie" area, and the rest of the place is 65 - 80. I mean, honestly I do NOT want another 1-Max expansion (yet) and I'm glad that they focused on the higher-level things, but it also doesn't make much sense that there would not be... for example... at least a 35 - 45 zone somewhere in RoK.</p><p>1-20, go explore the rest of the world, 35-45 for some new stuff, back to old stuff, 65+ in RoK or the previous two expansions.</p><p>I dunno... that just seems to make a little more sense than basically saying "Oh, there's a few areas of secluded fodder, and then a WHOLE FREAKIN' BUNCH of uber-mobs... that didn't eat or kill all the secluded fodder long before you got there."</p><p>Meh.</p><p>-Hadanelith Raswrolski, 70 Assassin of Kithicor</p>

initoci
05-11-2007, 09:19 PM
cool that makes some sense i guess...it wouldn't be as seperated as it is for the Fae from the rest of Norrath

ke'la
05-12-2007, 06:49 PM
<cite>Hadanelith wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><i><b>Quoted from Ke'La</b></i></p><p><i><b> They would go to TS, Nek or BBM; then EL, Zek or Near Steamfont; then Feer, Far Steamfont, LS, or EF; then SS, PoF, or Lfay; Then TT, BS, BM, or LP; then back to RoK.</b></i> </p><p>It still strikes me as strange that they have a 1-20 "noobie" area, and the rest of the place is 65 - 80. I mean, honestly I do NOT want another 1-Max expansion (yet) and I'm glad that they focused on the higher-level things, but it also doesn't make much sense that there would not be... for example... at least a 35 - 45 zone somewhere in RoK.</p><p>1-20, go explore the rest of the world, 35-45 for some new stuff, back to old stuff, 65+ in RoK or the previous two expansions.</p><p>I dunno... that just seems to make a little more sense than basically saying "Oh, there's a few areas of secluded fodder, and then a WHOLE FREAKIN' BUNCH of uber-mobs... that didn't eat or kill all the secluded fodder long before you got there."</p><p>Meh.</p><p>-Hadanelith Raswrolski, 70 Assassin of Kithicor</p></blockquote><p>Accually, the way I read the lore put forth by Scott in the Interview was basicly, the normal(NPC) Sarnak where not strong enough to fight the Iksar Empire, however as a result of the verious Caticlisams, Magical artifacts and such where unearthed, the NPC Sarnaks used these Artifacts to make Better, Faster, Stronger Sarnaks(players), then seeing the threat these new Uber Sarnaks where to the Iksar Empire the Leader of the Iksar's put out an extermination order on the Uber Sarnaks and they where hunted to exstinction... or so the Iksar Empire thought.  In fact the NPC Sarnaks spirtied away some of remaining Uber Sarnaks to Tenaribus Deep to mature, they grew up there in safty until they where old enough to set out on there own and gain enough power to take on the Iskar Empire and restore the Sarnaks to there rightful place on Kunark. </p><p>Being that this is the lore, it would not make sence from a lore standpoint to go back to Kunark and reveal yourself to the Iksar Empire befor you where powerful enough to face them, otherwise you would be hunted down and killed by the Empire. As for why the Empire does not get stories of Super Sarnaks running around the rest of Norath its simple they are all Focused on consolidating and completing the Concoring of Kunark and as such don't have time for whats going on over seas... especally consitering as far as they know the Seas to the rest of Norath are still Unpassable and as such they are safe from the rest of Nortath, and ofcourse the rest of Norath is safe from them.</p><p>::EDIT:: also Trunebulas Deep is an Island chain off the main part of Kunark and is secluded from the rest of Kunark and as such it makes a perfict hiding place for the Uber Sarnaks until they are ready to take on the Iksar Empire. </p>

Owilliams
05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
<p>Thinking back and making a wild guess for fun here...</p><p>Level 20-? would be.... <drumroll> The Overthere!!</p><p>I'm not really serious, but it IS about what the area was in EQ1.</p><p>Happy Gaming,</p><p>--Orv</p>