PDA

View Full Version : New Chat LOG!

CYR3Z
05-08-2007, 12:22 PM
<p>I have come up with an idea that will work fantastic in EQ2 hopefully and assist all members and GM's.</p><p>We all know what it is like to be running around PVP'ing Questing, trying to keep logs on everything, we have our windows hammered with chat from certain channels 1-9 10-19, 20-29 etc.  OOC chat, Tells Shouts and its hard to keep track right on Tells in game, sometimes the tells are just crap, and sometimes important sales private chat.</p><p>I have an idea, when and from now on when someone sends you a chat in private it will automatically open a new Chat window or small small small box with only names in it.  These names will be of the people that have sent you tells in game.  When you click the name of the person that chatted with you, it will show you the log of the conversation you had with that person,  so if you had 5  or even 10 private chats all the names will be there to recall.  This will help aid the busy salesman, or even people who love to chat in game</p><p>Also this will help aid GMS in the sense that when you have someone herassing you in private chat its just a pain in the but having to maximise your window! to print screen everything and other peoples convserations.  So instead you can click the persons name bingo theres the conversation log.</p><p>This log is a temporary log file, when you log out the log will be erased and window along with names will also be erased.  When you log back in it will start all over again. Who ever sends you a tell it will be in the box on the right or where ever you decide to put it.  You can if want to create a new TAB so that it will present it self with the users who sent you the tells and the conversation once clicked.</p><p>I think it would be a great idea, and save a heck of a lot of time in scrolling up and asking people what the last conversation you with them,  I my self and a victim of forgetting what i said to people..</p><p>Cheers..</p>

Valdaglerion
05-08-2007, 12:48 PM
<p>Seems I saw a parser that does this already as everything gets captured in the log file already. Of course, that doesnt address your suggestion of popping up a new window but thought I would mention it. Personally I have enough windows and clutter already but I can see that some people might want this.</p>

CYR3Z
05-08-2007, 02:16 PM
well i agree however i have only 1 window and havent created tones of em nor have i and extended ui graphics.  Im bog standard all the way.  Parser is just another progie that soe can implicated anyhow in the program or EQ2.  It wouldl be handy and doesnt need 2 be wondow based it can be added immidiately as a tab in the main chat window. and all you have to do is click the tab and you will have the names of people.

Deadly Nightshadow
05-08-2007, 06:24 PM
<cite>CYR3Z wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><strike>I</strike> <span style="color: #990000"><b>The LotRO devs at Turbine</b> </span>have come up with an idea that will work fantastic in EQ2 hopefully and assist all members and GM's.</p><p>We all know what it is like to be running around PVP'ing Questing, trying to keep logs on everything, we have our windows hammered with chat from certain channels 1-9 10-19, 20-29 etc.  OOC chat, Tells Shouts and its hard to keep track right on Tells in game, sometimes the tells are just crap, and sometimes important sales private chat.</p><p>I have an idea, when and from now on when someone sends you a chat in private it will automatically open a new Chat window or small small small box with only names in it.  These names will be of the people that have sent you tells in game.  When you click the name of the person that chatted with you, it will show you the log of the conversation you had with that person,  so if you had 5  or even 10 private chats all the names will be there to recall.  This will help aid the busy salesman, or even people who love to chat in game</p><p>Also this will help aid GMS in the sense that when you have someone herassing you in private chat its just a pain in the but having to maximise your window! to print screen everything and other peoples convserations.  So instead you can click the persons name bingo theres the conversation log.</p><p>This log is a temporary log file, when you log out the log will be erased and window along with names will also be erased.  When you log back in it will start all over again. Who ever sends you a tell it will be in the box on the right or where ever you decide to put it.  You can if want to create a new TAB so that it will present it self with the users who sent you the tells and the conversation once clicked.</p><p>I think it would be a great idea, and save a heck of a lot of time in scrolling up and asking people what the last conversation you with them,  I my self and a victim of forgetting what i said to people..</p><p>Cheers..</p></blockquote>Fixed. Yes, it's a good idea. Yes, it would be useful in EQ2. It is, however an idea from LotRO, not you. Yeesh, just say where you got it from instead of trying to claim ownership of it. If anything, lying about your source detracts from your idea. That aside, nice suggestion. I'd like to see it.

Sorgal
05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
LotrO uses this system, but there are other games, that got it for a long time now. A Tale in the Desert for example uses that system for many many years now (at least 8 years)

Polywogus
05-10-2007, 10:09 AM
EQLive has this, they call them Tell Windows, I believe. @ least, I think what you're describing is the same thing. I liked em sometimes, & I know others loved them, but for the majority of the time, I created a small window only for tells.

AvalonSpirit
05-12-2007, 11:52 AM
yes i abused this feature pretty frequently in eq1.  however i was glad that it was a toggle option (meaning can be turned on and off) cause there are deffinitely some situations where you dont want it.