PDA

View Full Version : Protection - Huge PvP Imbalance

Pugot
05-07-2007, 02:22 PM
<p>I was very excited to see the new Neriak as that was my home in EQ1, however, one things disturbs me a bit.  Why are the guards all 70+ epics?  Why are the guards in Kelethin level 20 and only attack evil aligned characters if they attack someone near them?</p><p>For a long time I've wondered why Freeport has so much more protection than Qeynos, but now it seems that the obvious advantage is always going to be given to the evils.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?</p>

Zeuhl
05-07-2007, 02:33 PM
The way I understand it Neriak was buried and cut off from the rest of the world for 300 years or so and they have developed into a sort of police state.

Valdaglerion
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
<cite>Pugot wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I was very excited to see the new Neriak as that was my home in EQ1, however, one things disturbs me a bit.  Why are the guards all 70+ epics?  Why are the guards in Kelethin level 20 and only attack evil aligned characters if they attack someone near them?</p><p>For a long time I've wondered why Freeport has so much more protection than Qeynos, but now it seems that the obvious advantage is always going to be given to the evils.  Is this the way it is supposed to be?</p></blockquote><p> Maybe a world event in the making...go raid Neriak...LOL</p><p>Seriously, it would be interesting if on all severs anyone entering an opposite aligned city became available for PVP. Would definitely add a sense of danger to the came while thinking you might be safe to sneak in, BUT oh wait, a group of evil players was hanging out in Thieves Way and just pummeled your level 70 self. No "Reaching Blade of the Assassin" for you!</p>

zaun2
05-07-2007, 08:53 PM
That is a game mechanic which works in WoW where if one enters an opposite faction capitol city, they are flagged PvP, but on non PvP servers, there isn't much point to this in on PvE ruleset servers. IMHO, EQ2 requires entry for people on the opposite faction to enter the cities anyway for betrayal quests, so adding more roadblocks to these won't do much, other than maybe offer some griefers some fun.