PDA

View Full Version : RoK idea


Krokous
05-01-2007, 06:45 PM
dont raise lvl cap, dont raise item stats or migit... MAKE Similar stuff but with cool procs as t5 gear with coos procs as Detonation, ae deaggro etc .. t5 items had best procs ever

Noaani
05-03-2007, 11:21 AM
<cite>Krokous wrote:</cite><blockquote>t5 items had best procs ever </blockquote><p>Not if you were a mage.</p><p>T5 item effects were pointless for anyone but scouts and fighters. </p>

Talz
05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Some expansions will have new levels and some won't.  They make the decision and get beyond that point of no return before we even know about the expansion.

Krokous
05-04-2007, 06:43 PM
raising cap endlessly will just scare new players, thought of grinding 80 levels...

Aristigon
05-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Easily alleviated by making the beginning levels easier to rip through, leveling fast as a new player is fun and exciting and can get those new players hooked quickly.

Sylaz
08-11-2007, 09:55 PM
<cite>Aristigon wrote:</cite><blockquote>Easily alleviated by making the beginning levels easier to rip through, leveling fast as a new player is fun and exciting and can get those new players hooked quickly. </blockquote> I think that's probably one of the worst things you could do. One of my main gripes with Luclin in EQ1 was the with a very little investment of time to research things online, you could head to Paludal Caverns and grind from level 1-25 in a couple of nights. Then at level 25, you had to actually start grouping up and working effectively to get experience, but because you leveled so fast you didn't really learn how to do that, so you had a ton of level 25-30 people who had no idea how to play their class. It's like when someone buys an account with a max level character on it, having no idea about how to play the class, only in the lower levels.

Salox
08-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Let's see here... umm... <span style="font-size: xx-large">NO.</span>

hellfire
08-12-2007, 12:27 AM
You can already get to lev 70 in 2 -3 months casually as it is and 2 weeks if power grind it. So you want to make it easier? And yeah T5 was utter trash for a mage.

Nayurayne
08-12-2007, 01:24 AM
<cite>Krokous wrote:</cite><blockquote>raising cap endlessly will just scare new players, thought of grinding 80 levels... </blockquote><p> Didn't scare me at all. Then again the first game I played had 100 levels and then second one had literally thousands so yeah 80 isn't too scary. These were both mmos too.</p>

Lathaine
08-12-2007, 01:38 AM
it's EVERquest ? or not... it's just lvl 70/80 quest :p after it's reroll raid time <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

ke'la
08-12-2007, 11:16 AM
<cite>Sylaz wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Aristigon wrote:</cite><blockquote>Easily alleviated by making the beginning levels easier to rip through, leveling fast as a new player is fun and exciting and can get those new players hooked quickly. </blockquote> I think that's probably one of the worst things you could do. One of my main gripes with Luclin in EQ1 was the with a very little investment of time to research things online, you could head to Paludal Caverns and grind from level 1-25 in a couple of nights. Then at level 25, you had to actually start grouping up and working effectively to get experience, but because you leveled so fast you didn't really learn how to do that, so you had a ton of level 25-30 people who had no idea how to play their class. It's like when someone buys an account with a max level character on it, having no idea about how to play the class, only in the lower levels. </blockquote><p> whats the differance between a lvl 25 newbe in a game with a lvl cap of 75 and a lvl 1 newbe in a game with a lvl cap of 50?</p><p>To my mind, very little, though the lvl 25 "Newbe" has 25 lvls of experiance with the base mechanics of the game, so you don't have to teach them how to Group AND how to play, just how to group.</p>

ke'la
08-12-2007, 11:20 AM
As for the desision as to raise the cap or not goes. Well thats desided on at the same time they deside on the base lore of the expaintion. If the lore of the expaintion is along the lines of discovering something new and more dangerous(like say someone Raising an army) then the cap will increase. If we are rediscovering lands that are not more dangerous then we will not have a cap raise.