PDA

View Full Version : So... Neutral Races, Anyone?


Mirander_1
05-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Ok, so it looks like the new evil race if probably going to be the Arsai; and if by some odd chance it isn't, then we'll probably learn the truth before too long.  With both a new good and evil race added to the game, the logical way to go in terms of new races would be to add a neutral one somewhere down the line.  With that in mind, what would you guys like to see as a potential neutral race? For me, there are two possibilities that I think would be a cool race: First would be Aviaks.  First of all, this would give us a winged race that isn't, well... a fairy.  Second, with all the different subspeices of Aviaks, there's huge potential for character customization. Second would be the Kedge.  Sure, first they would have to explain their return from the brink of extinction, but they are a cool race, both in appearance and the background behind them.

Dragowulf
05-01-2007, 02:20 AM
i dont like the thought of people wanting to play orcs or gnolls, etc. i would like to see something original.  for us.....fae was original. I want something not in game

Novusod
05-01-2007, 04:33 AM
For a neutral race I want Brownies. Now that is original.

Devilsbane
05-01-2007, 08:49 AM
<cite>Novusod wrote:</cite><blockquote>For a neutral race I want Brownies. Now that is original. </blockquote> They would need an innate 25% run speed as their racial trait. Else they would not be able to /follow a cleric, tank, or even a mage.

Kinuun
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
For a neutral race, I'd like to see: A) an Undead race or B) an insect race

Themaginator
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
<cite>Dragowulf2 wrote:</cite><blockquote>i dont like the thought of people wanting to play orcs or gnolls, etc. i would like to see something original.  for us.....fae was original. I want something not in game </blockquote>Orcs and gnolls are never a good idea... aye.  they are evil they are Everyones enemy they dont have a city, it makes no sense to play them people need to stop asking to have them be playable and think of something ALOT cooler lol

Cusashorn
05-01-2007, 05:07 PM
<cite>Kinuun wrote:</cite><blockquote>For a neutral race, I'd like to see: A) an Undead race or B) an insect race </blockquote> I've been pitching the idea of an insectoid race for years. A stag beetle race similar in design to Stun the Insect from the Bloody Roar fighting game series.

Dragowulf
05-01-2007, 07:07 PM
<cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Kinuun wrote:</cite><blockquote>For a neutral race, I'd like to see: A) an Undead race or B) an insect race </blockquote> I've been pitching the idea of an insectoid race for years. A stag beetle race similar in design to Stun the Insect from the Bloody Roar fighting game series.</blockquote> nice, same here

Cujok
05-02-2007, 01:33 AM
<p><img src="http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/pics/burynai_burrower.jpg" border="0"></p><p>Burynai!!!</p>

Dragowulf
05-02-2007, 02:39 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p><img src="http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/pics/burynai_burrower.jpg" border="0"></p><p>Burynai!!!</p></blockquote> that is dope!

Besual
05-02-2007, 04:43 AM
First: I would like to play an orc. Be green be ultra mean <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> For a neutral race... Well, they would come with the expansion after RoK (or later). That expansion could bring back the planes. So how about something like elemental touched. Something like mephlings / genassi in D&D. I couldn't find any pics of them in the WWW (I guess because of copyright from wizard of the coasts). They aren't true elementals but humanoids with some elemental features.

Themaginator
05-02-2007, 05:10 AM
<cite>Besual wrote:</cite><blockquote>First: I would like to play an orc. Be green be ultra mean <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> For a neutral race... Well, they would come with the expansion after RoK (or later). That expansion could bring back the planes. So how about something like elemental touched. Something like mephlings / genassi in D&D. I couldn't find any pics of them in the WWW (I guess because of copyright from wizard of the coasts). They aren't true elementals but humanoids with some elemental features. </blockquote> The Planes touched characters in D&D are always really awesome thatd be sweet if you could have like a Planes touched human or something (My favorite D&D char is a Half Celestial Half Human Sword Sage)