PDA

View Full Version : A constructive solution to tests low population

slippery
04-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Before I begin this post, I kindly ask not to derail this thread or bring it to a flame war. I'd appreciate constructive comments. My biggest problem with the test server is that it takes so much work to be able to have another set of characters from your live characters you have to level and get gear and spells etc for. No one wants copied characters or buff bots, but what about something in the middle?<strike> What about a merchant that you could buy virtually anything in the game off of at the price it would sell to the mendor for?</strike> Actually, forget that. What about a merchant similar to the ones on pvp servers (at least I believe, I don't play on pvp) that would allow you to exchange a spell for a spell, and preferably a piece of gear for a piece of gear. The spells part is easy and would imo be very beneficial to the test server since it has a lower playerbase. The gear part is a little harder to delve into. Please keep posts on the topic on how to make it work. My current line of thinking is you would be able to trade a piece of gear for a piece of gear of like quality (ie treasured, legendary, fabled) and level for another piece of gear of that level and quality. Maybe even make the system make you trade 2 pieces for one piece. When it comes to raid zones do it based on zone and you can only trade it to a merchant in zone before you zone out. What does this accomplish? People still have to put in time and effort and are going to have some attachment to the character (the largest concern over copied characters). It also helps out since there is a small playerbase and a lot less stuff flows throw it. Rarer things are even more so because not as many people are doing things. I'd also like to see the ability to temporary lower the quality of your spells to be able to test things with say all adept 1's if you feel the need to, but we can leave that discusion for another thread.

Zabjade
04-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Actually that gear trader idea would be helpful in the live servers as well I recalled last time I played I meant to hit select and accidetly said yess to all of the loot and I got a Chest piece meant for one of the other group members and it was flagged as no trade (It was a pick up group so there was no set looter) I was willing to wait for a GM or someone to help but I think the Defiler got bored so I have a chest piece I can't use and I'm afraid to sell it in case he finds a Gm to help with the situation even after nearly a month.

NiteWolfe
04-28-2007, 10:45 AM
<cite>Zabjade wrote:</cite><blockquote>Actually that gear trader idea would be helpful in the live servers as well I recalled last time I played I meant to hit select and accidetly said yess to all of the loot and I got a Chest piece meant for one of the other group members and it was flagged as no trade (It was a pick up group so there was no set looter) I was willing to wait for a GM or someone to help but I think the Defiler got bored so I have a chest piece I can't use and I'm afraid to sell it in case he finds a Gm to help with the situation even after nearly a month.</blockquote>WOW, so you acedently hit  all then acedently hit yes to the pop up to accept the no trade chest?  I i just dont buy it, i can see hitting all by mistake. thats why theres a second popup window for no trades.

slippery
04-28-2007, 07:18 PM
That isn't my purpose at all, my purpose was to make it easier on the people who test since testing the game isn't supposed to be another job.