PDA

View Full Version : RoK to be Officially Announced?


Obadiah
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Apologies if the title was misleading to anyone. It's a question about when RoK is going to be announced, and how the impending competition might affect that. I couldn't think of what else to call it. Anyway, here's my question. Lord of the Rings Online looks like it's going to be pretty big. It certainly is now at any rate. As someone who has been with EQ2 since a few days after launch, the pricing options available in LOTRO are incredibly attractive. I frankly wouldn't have given the game a second glance had it not been for those options. But had those options been available at EQ2's launch I would have personally saved somewhere in the neighborhood of $220 to date, so it's tough to ignore. Without getting into a comparison of the two games, my question is this: Wouldn't it be wise for SoE to at least <b>announce </b>RoK now to keep would-be defectors here . . . or am I wrong and would it actually be smarter to wait until <b>after </b>LOTRO launches to suck those defectors back? With over a third of our guild currently having rendered their subscriptions inactive to pursue LOTRO, the rest of us have some decisions to make. Some lean toward going, some lean toward staying. For me, since I've been through all the top-level end-game heroic content a few times, and some of the epic stuff. But I don't have the massive time blocks needed for raiding on a regular basis . . . I'd like to know what to look forward to (or dread) in RoK and when to expect it before making a decision. I'm sure there have to be lots of others in the same boat, no? If they announce it now, they risk people saying "Oh, great. No cap increase!? I'm outta here" or vice versa. I mean let's face it you can't please everyone. But by saying nothing, don't they risk people feeling there's nothing left to look forward to except repeatedly running the same instances (whether heroic or epic) and taking a hiatus or worse? Or are the million plus beta testers in LOTRO a mirage that will evaporate once it becomes time to shell out the benjamins? Or is EQ2 beg enough that they can just ignore the competition? <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Igu
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Annoucing an expansion that is likely to be at the end of the year, if not next year, is not going to keep anyone from playing LotRs in the mean time. People would just come back then. Active content going into the game on a constant basis would be a better way.

Xev
04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
<cite>Igu wrote:</cite><blockquote>Annoucing an expansion that is likely to be at the end of the year, if not next year, is not going to keep anyone from playing LotRs in the mean time. People would just come back then. Active content going into the game on a constant basis would be a better way.</blockquote>I think you are partially right here.  Annoucing the expansion would not stop a lot of people from leaving and coming back, however, there are probably a lot of people that are kind of on the fence about staying or trying out a new game and if information was revealed about the expansion (approx release date, content, etc) then there would probably be a decent amount of people that would stick it out, rather than trying a new game, if the info about the expansion was enough to keep their interest. Regardless, in light of the fact that there are a lot of new games coming out soon, I think SoE needs to be doing a lot to keep players enticed.  If they don't start releasing info soon, even in small amounts, players are just going to lose interest and start focusing on AoC or Warhammer or Lotro.

Obadiah
04-19-2007, 05:10 PM
<cite>Igu wrote:</cite><blockquote>Annoucing an expansion that is likely to be at the end of the year, if not next year, is not going to keep anyone from playing LotRs in the mean time. People would just come back then. Active content going into the game on a constant basis would be a better way.</blockquote> This is, of course, an excellent point. I guess the bottom line is <b>I wanna know!</b> <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Cusashorn
04-19-2007, 05:13 PM
<cite>Igu wrote:</cite><blockquote>Annoucing an expansion that is likely to be at the end of the year, if not next year, is not going to keep anyone from playing LotRs in the mean time. People would just come back then. Active content going into the game on a constant basis would be a better way.</blockquote> It's currently schedualed for release this November, so it makes sense that they'd announce it sometime within the next 3 months.

sah
04-19-2007, 05:19 PM
<cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote>It's currently schedualed for release this November, so it makes sense that they'd announce it sometime within the next 3 months.</blockquote> Where'd you get that info?

ke'la
04-19-2007, 06:57 PM
<cite>sahet wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Cusashorn wrote:</cite><blockquote>It's currently schedualed for release this November, so it makes sense that they'd announce it sometime within the next 3 months.</blockquote> Where'd you get that info?</blockquote><p> It's more an educated Guess then a hard fact, we are calling it a Nov release because of the following:</p><p>1st of the 4 Releases for EQ2 all but one came out between Sept and Nov. and that one release (KoS)was declared an anomily by the producer.</p><p>2nd they said that they are going to take atleast as long as EoF to devlope new expantions or likly even longer, EoF took about 10 months and was released in Nov it is likly the soonist it would come would be Sept, but as they said they would likly take longer we are figuring Nov is more likly.</p><p>3rd EoF's Title was detected by Trademark Sniffers at about the exsact same time last year as they did this year with RoK, so assuming that they would Trademark the name with about the same amount of Lead time as they did with EoF that would also put the Live Date around Nov</p>

Besual
04-20-2007, 04:11 AM
This is my guess: We didn't hear anything official about the expansion yet. This means it won't come out in April / May. I highly doubt that June / July / August are even consideret for release dates by SOE. During this 3 month the population on the server always drops realy hard (people have exames, go on vacations, prefer to enjoy the summer...). It could be November but till then SOE will have lost many player because more and more get bored with the current content and it will be to late to get them all back. Late September - middle October sound resonable: People coming back from the summer hole and a new expansion would give them a reason to continue playing / start playing again.

ke'la
04-20-2007, 06:37 AM
<cite>Besual wrote:</cite><blockquote>This is my guess: We didn't hear anything official about the expansion yet. This means it won't come out in April / May. I highly doubt that June / July / August are even consideret for release dates by SOE. During this 3 month the population on the server always drops realy hard (people have exames, go on vacations, prefer to enjoy the summer...). It could be November but till then SOE will have lost many player because more and more get bored with the current content and it will be to late to get them all back. Late September - middle October sound resonable: People coming back from the summer hole and a new expansion would give them a reason to continue playing / start playing again. </blockquote><p>They would only get board if SoE did not add new content (al'a Unrest) between now and Nov. also, while I hate to say it Look at WoW they had 2 years between Launch and Expantion 1 and people where playing it the whole time. Other reasons I peg Nov as the release date is</p><p>Fan Fair, one of the enticments to Fan Fair is almost always an invite to the current Beta, if RoK came out in Sept then by Aug a) they would have nothing to anounce(for thier flag ship game) at Fan Fair or atleast almost nothing as by Aug the NDA would have been lifted, and they would not be able to give out Beta Invites to it. b) Cristmas Buying Season, for some reason all game Devlopers(probly because they have thier roots in the toy industry) think that people only buy games between Nov and Dec(for the most part) thats why there is the summer and post-cristmas gaming drouts. As such the big wigs would be more likly to aprove a Nov release and as Devs ALWAYS want more time to devlope their games the devs would not have a problem with this. </p>

Besual
04-20-2007, 07:34 AM
ke'la wrote: <blockquote>They would only get board if SoE did not add new content (al'a Unrest) between now and Nov. also, while I hate to say it Look at WoW they had 2 years between Launch and Expantion 1 and people where playing it the whole time. Other reasons I peg Nov as the release date is<p>Fan Fair, one of the enticments to Fan Fair is almost always an invite to the current Beta, if RoK came out in Sept then by Aug a) they would have nothing to anounce(for thier flag ship game) at Fan Fair or atleast almost nothing as by Aug the NDA would have been lifted, and they would not be able to give out Beta Invites to it. b) Cristmas Buying Season, for some reason all game Devlopers(probly because they have thier roots in the toy industry) think that people only buy games between Nov and Dec(for the most part) thats why there is the summer and post-cristmas gaming drouts. As such the big wigs would be more likly to aprove a Nov release and as Devs ALWAYS want more time to devlope their games the devs would not have a problem with this. </p></blockquote> Some good points. To keep the people interested SOE would have to pump out e new T7 zone / instance ever 1-2 month. Sure, EoF was a quite large expansion compared to DoF / KoS but it doesn't have enough content for level 70 to stay up for a year till the next expansion comes. Level 80 and / or 100-200 <b>usefull</b> AAs should EoF have when the next expansion will be out one year after EoF lunch. An other solution would be an adventure pack in the early fall to cover the time till Novmeber. Sadly SOE deviced not to realse new adventure packs for now. For me the group play in EQ2 is dead for now. After the 10-15th time doing the same instance I'm totaly bored. I'm still burned out from KoS inszances.  2-3 times per week I login to raid with my friends. Not for the raiding; just to spent some time with me friends. I don't know if I can / want to wait till November to get a reason to continue playing this game.

Igu
04-20-2007, 09:38 AM
<p>I seem to remember them saying that this expansion would take longer, which is why I think it my be next year.</p><p>If this coming expansion is the only one for the next two years, it had better do somethings:</p><p> - level 80. People have been 70 for a while now and are not going to wait for 2 more years for the next ding. The way the tiers are done makes 75 a no-go.</p><p>- Has to be bigger than EoF. If it is Kunark (or if it isn't) it should look to EQ1:RoK for the model of the perfect expansion. Here was an expansion that did it all. New race, new city, new 1-60 content with lots of dungeons and zones along the way, increase of max level to 60, lots of high end content and more planes for raiders. </p><p> - Another way to customize characters - Multiple specialities for each class would be good. I still wish there was a stronger AA system in place like in EQ1. Also a global reset of AA points please.</p>

Cusashorn
04-20-2007, 12:18 PM
<cite>Igu wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I seem to remember them saying that this expansion would take longer, which is why I think it my be next year.</p><p>If this coming expansion is the only one for the next two years, it had better do somethings:</p><p> - level 80. People have been 70 for a while now and are not going to wait for 2 more years for the next ding. The way the tiers are done makes 75 a no-go.</p><p>- Has to be bigger than EoF. If it is Kunark (or if it isn't) it should look to <strike>EQ1:RoK</strike> <span style="font-size: medium"><span style="color: #cc0033">VELIOUS</span></span> for the model of the perfect expansion. Here was an expansion that did it all. New race, new city, new 1-60 content with lots of dungeons and zones along the way, increase of max level to 60, lots of high end content and more planes for raiders. </p><p> - Another way to customize characters - Multiple specialities for each class would be good. I still wish there was a stronger AA system in place like in EQ1. Also a global reset of AA points please.</p></blockquote>Velious was voted as the perfect expansion by the player base back around Planes of Power.

Gungo
04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
<p>An expansion that is 8 months away still on the developement and design stage. Really doesn't need to be announced. We all know another expansion is getting released at the end of the year. What more can they say?</p><p>What i would like to know is like unrest was done. What is the immediate content projected to be released before ROK. </p><p>What about the NEW evil race (the arsai), the new evil starting zone (Darklight woods), neriak, The new raid zone (thex castle), the Swords of destiny quest series, the new character models (hopefully doen soon so that ROK can have robust armour made). The New LFG Tool (not alot to say about this really).</p><p>Basically i would love to have Grimwell share with us the projects the current developers are working on. So what is in the future for eq2. =P We love to hear what is in the works and a general timeframe. Such as before the next expansion, in the fall, by the end of summer,  sometime this year, etc.</p>

Lord Montague
04-20-2007, 12:58 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>What about the NEW evil race (the arsai), the new evil starting zone (Darklight woods), neriak, The new raid zone (thex castle)...</p></blockquote> Rumors as far as I'm concerned.  And I don't believe in Arsai until an announcement has been made, for all we know what we have seen may have just been scrapped concepts.

DynamicPerforman
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
On the topic of LOTRO.  I beta'd it from the beginning, and I really think they have ruined the classes.  Their goal was a game without the holy trinity... Minstrel, Guardian, Hunter.  They failed T_T sigh... and we had such hope.

Cusashorn
04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>What about the NEW evil race (the arsai), the new evil starting zone (Darklight woods), neriak, The new raid zone (thex castle), the Swords of destiny quest series, the new character models (hopefully doen soon so that ROK can have robust armour made). The New LFG Tool (not alot to say about this really).</blockquote>Darklight Woods? What and Where the **** did that come from?

cronar
04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
<p>Darklight woods is a zone apparently being brought in just off of commonlands. It is located not far from the east nomad camp, a new gate against the hillside.</p><p>On test, there are people working inside the gate to tunnel through to darklight but they need more people to help dig.</p>

Cusashorn
04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
<cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Darklight woods is a zone apparently being brought in just off of commonlands. It is located not far from the east nomad camp, a new gate against the hillside.</p><p>On test, there are people working inside the gate to tunnel through to darklight but they need more people to help dig.</p></blockquote> Yeah I just never heard of Darklight before the previous post. So there are NPCs in the Commonlands on the Test server right now, digging and acknowledging that they're searching for Darklight Forest?

cronar
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
<p>If you sit in the little tent outside of the gate a while, a big ogre or troll comes out in full armor and starts intimidating the forman.</p><p>Listen to the dialogue that ensues and it kind of fills you in on what is in store.</p><p>Just guessing, but i think that eventually you will see a server event take place that has players "help" build the tunnel to darklight forest, perhaps through tradeskilling and monster squashing.</p><p>No idea what is beyond that.</p>

Mirander_1
04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Check out <a href="http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=1150" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">this</a> Cusa, I just read about it myself.

ke'la
04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>An expansion that is 8 months away still on the developement and design stage. Really doesn't need to be announced. We all know another expansion is getting released at the end of the year. What more can they say?</p><p>What i would like to know is like unrest was done. What is the immediate content projected to be released before ROK. </p><p>What about the NEW evil race (the arsai), the new evil starting zone (Darklight woods), neriak, The new raid zone (thex castle), the Swords of destiny quest series, the new character models (hopefully doen soon so that ROK can have robust armour made). The New LFG Tool (not alot to say about this really).</p><p>Basically i would love to have Grimwell share with us the projects the current developers are working on. So what is in the future for eq2. =P We love to hear what is in the works and a general timeframe. Such as before the next expansion, in the fall, by the end of summer,  sometime this year, etc.</p></blockquote><p>Basicly what we would like to see is for Scott "Gallenite" Hartsman to get off his lazy backside and write up a new Producer's letter like the one we got last year after KoS launched, so we know where they plan to take us, between now and RoK.</p><p>(oh and Gallenite I know your busy just messing with you(as far as being lazy is consterned) but we really could use an new Producer's Letter as you have already checked of pritty much ever iteam on the last one.) </p>

Winter
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
<p>Lol! <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I think it would be a matter of Scott having non-working time to write and post again. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Granted, I know you're joking, but I can only imagine how much he has to go through to keep things running smoothly on the daily.</p><p>By the way - the official date of ROK's announcement is... (cue the music) the day they announce it!</p>

Cusashorn
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
<cite>Mirander_1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Check out <a href="http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=1150" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">this</a> Cusa, I just read about it myself. </blockquote> I see. According to that article, we get a press release in 2 weeks.

cronar
04-24-2007, 12:06 AM
<p><a href="http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album41&id=Map&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/modules...=view_photo.php</a></p><p>From the looks of it, if this is darklight forest, it is the eastern half of nektulos.</p><p>Notice on the upper right corner is the wizard portal. To the left of that in just about the same location as it should be is the enterence to Neriak proper.</p><p>Of course i could be wrong but it's fun to guess <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

iceriven2
04-24-2007, 03:56 AM
 Someone went through the files when eof came out.  and saw the "Arsai" creation file.  The Fae was the races placeholder....think its one of a few reason why ppl think the Arsai are dark fae.  To be honest i get the feeling and hope its not.  In the picture theres a quote from an arsai.  Says they are beings of pure magic, flesh is weak and magic is forever.  Thats why i think now fae are just a place holder while the new race is magic based.

Daarom
04-24-2007, 04:30 AM
<cite>iceriven2 wrote:</cite><blockquote> Someone went through the files when eof came out.  and saw the "Arsai" creation file.  The Fae was the races placeholder....think its one of a few reason why ppl think the Arsai are dark fae.  To be honest i get the feeling and hope its not.  In the picture theres a quote from an arsai.  Says they are beings of pure magic, flesh is weak and magic is forever.  Thats why i think now fae are just a place holder while the new race is magic based. </blockquote>Remember? (Ignore the Graphic of the Fae just read the Text <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> ) <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/LettersFromYesterday/EQ2_000005.jpg" border="0"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/LettersFromYesterday/EQ2_000006.jpg" border="0">

Daarom
04-24-2007, 04:51 AM
<cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote>From the looks of it, if this is darklight forest, it is the eastern half of nektulos.<p>Notice on the upper right corner is the wizard portal. To the left of that in just about the same location as it should be is the enterence to Neriak proper.</p></blockquote>Nektulos was a zone that went from North to South with a river and neriak in the southern part <a href="http://www.eqatlas.com/nektulosmap.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.eqatlas.com/nektulosmap.html</a>

LlewCadey
04-24-2007, 08:29 AM
itll be announced a week or two before E3, they will then show it off, then itll be available sometime before fan fair imo, get everyone all excited and give them somthing to talk about instead of complaining to the devs

Cusashorn
04-24-2007, 11:05 AM
<cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><a href="http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album41&id=Map&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/modules...=view_photo.php</a></p><p>From the looks of it, if this is darklight forest, it is the eastern half of nektulos.</p><p>Notice on the upper right corner is the wizard portal. To the left of that in just about the same location as it should be is the enterence to Neriak proper.</p><p>Of course i could be wrong but it's fun to guess <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote> We players have been discussing just what that map has been since EQ2 went live. It's nothing new, and I do believe one of the red names drops the hint that it was a primitive map of the Commonlands a long time ago.

Kinuun
04-24-2007, 04:02 PM
This is the first time i've heard of the Darklight Woods and its really sold it for me. Neriak is most definatly making a comeback and I guess Darklight Woods will be the noob/t1 zone. P.S. Maybe that "Darklight Woods" gate will make into live tomorrow. With the GU and all...

Velsha
04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Did anyone ever think that maybe Darklight is actually "Darkflight" woods and is somehow tied to the Darkflight Fairies?

Kinuun
04-24-2007, 04:29 PM
That would make sense to me. DarkFLight from the DarkLight woods...

Gungo
04-24-2007, 05:34 PM
[email protected] Bayle wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>What about the NEW evil race (the arsai), the new evil starting zone (Darklight woods), neriak, The new raid zone (thex castle)...</p></blockquote> Rumors as far as I'm concerned.  And I don't believe in Arsai until an announcement has been made, for all we know what we have seen may have just been scrapped concepts.</blockquote><p>Rumours have no evidence. This is beyond a rumour at this point. You have developers acknowledging a new EVIL race soon. They already said the NEW evil race will be a race already in game. So any speculation at this point would be a rumour except. Now in EoF beta people had a character tool to design your own FAE (Arsai) with completely different wing patterns and colors. </p><p>The fact they are now including a new low level zone connected to t2/t3 zones. The fact that Nektulos has its own fairy faction and races and files are being downloaded for these zones. Lends more to truth then rumours. </p><p>Darklight woods definetly is not a rumoru as this post shows. And thex castle well there have been 2 dev posts acknowledging this zone. Why has it taken so long since i heard about it in beta i don't know, but it will come when they finish it. </p>

Windowlicker
04-24-2007, 06:07 PM
<p>I can't believe anyone would actually leave EQ2 for a game like LOTR online.</p><p> To be honest, having SEEN the game .. your guildmates would likely leave this game for a flash version of PONG.  I can't believe anyone would even consider LOTR online.</p>

hobi
04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
i don't think this game has anything to be afraid of from lord of the rings online. i have tried the beta and it on an old engine from asherons call 2 and later d&d online. plus the overall game world and feel is very small and it lacks any sort of depth to it. and not very immersive. plus all thos that have tried the beta will tell the games is serioulsly mising that something special. theres just nothing adicting or apealing about it even toa lord of the rings fan  fan like me. everquest 2 igraphics wise looks better and much more realist ic and imersive and addicting plus a hell of lot bigger world. i also spend time with guild wars which is also and excelent  game but lacks in the number of quests, houses, mounts, that make living in norath great. but it does have a very good storyline for it pvp side and i like it competive pvp  nature better than everquest. which make guild wars a a good game to play for an eq2 break. which doesn't happen to often. but point is of the mmo's out there i tried  i ended up comming back to this game there in opinion something special about this game that i enjoy both solo and with my guild mates on delere. and i hope the next expansion will be annouced soon

cronar
04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
<p>It is funny to see people go on the defensive when comparing eq2 to lotro. They are two seperate games, seperate enginges, ideas, etc....</p><p>Of course they will not appeal the same to everyone. People have differing tastes.</p><p>That said, and i am a fan of eq2, lotro the world is much prettier than eq2. In fact the world seems much more realistic. Not knocking eq2's world at all. I like it a lot, it is pretty and reaslitic enough for me to enjoy.</p><p>In Lotro, the game seems to be paced for people who are not rushing for uber. It is set out for people to enjoy at whatever their pace may be. It is hard to judge a game on just the first 15 levels, but i myself enjoyed what they presented to me from level 1 on.</p><p>I would bet also that current eq2 devs would have nice things to say about it as well.</p><p>In regards to a lasting affect being made on eq2 from lotro, i don't think it will. The biggest draw will come from WoW.</p>

Lleinen
04-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I feel this expansion may get boring quicker and quicker...With all instances cleared and slowly working on contested (and we are by no means hardcore, more casual) with a decent amount of competition, I think doin zones like FTH CW(already) and most of IS and EH is going to get boring REAL quick for a lot of raiders.  I've done most the quests in EoF as well and seeing as the swords line is taking AGES to be completed, I give this expansion 3 months AT MOST before ppl get really tired of repetition. Unrest lost me after a few weeks, and all the instances went pretty fast too...dunno, I really hope we get more content quick, or more AA to work on or something interesting to keep things fresh. Personally I hope they leave the level cap (whenever an expac finally makes it) at 70 and add 1-200 AAs...best part of the game imo, but I liked better how it worked in EQ1 rather than having trees where you are required to take what you dont want (to an extent)...anywho, my 2 cents...Im hopin for the best.

iceriven2
04-25-2007, 04:04 AM
KK ppl new picture up on ogaming.... Theres a gate in Nek forest where the thexians are...theres a thexian and 2 other things casting....need some picture to see who or what those other things are

Pentolux
04-25-2007, 04:45 AM
<cite>Kinuun wrote:</cite><blockquote>This is the first time i've heard of the Darklight Woods and its really sold it for me. Neriak is most definatly making a comeback and I guess Darklight Woods will be the noob/t1 zone. P.S. Maybe that "Darklight Woods" gate will make into live tomorrow. With the GU and all... </blockquote> I think it is absolutely reasonable to assume Neriak will be coming back. There are too many clues, mainly in the Sword of Destiny quest line, hinting at the Underfoot, activities of Dark Elves all over the place and Neriak as such. There's for example Chypp, mentioning grinning pointy ears, that made their way into the Underfoot or the whole tie in between the Foci's betrayal of the Overlord, Mayong's reach for Soulfire, D'Vinn's shady role in that story and the fact that Lucan is after his precious sword, at the same time (on Test) seemingly trying to dig into Darklight Woods. There's also the (in my understanding) stylized depiction of Innoruuk, as it was seen throughout Neriak in EQ 1, on that coin, which according to the devs stands for the future of Norrath. Furthermore, the Innoruuk deity quest points as well towards Neriak, with the Dark Elves' sinister plans to use the fae buds for some rather devious creations (if I remember correctly). So the only question for me is, if Neriak or it's extension into the Underfoot returns and a lot is happening around Commonlands, Nektulos Forest and Fallen Gate, how does this tie in with Kunark, which is quite some distance away. But then again the Underfoot might be of global proportions.

iceriven2
04-25-2007, 05:34 AM
I managed to get a lvl 6 toon on test to the thex camp on test(died several times).  Theres a doorway and 3 thexians casting.

Wardyn
04-25-2007, 07:36 AM
<p>All I want is an official statement in regards to level expansion. Adding more newbie content when most newbie zones are empty is a fruitless endeavor. I lost too many friends when they failed to expand levels with EOF. Sure, give us more newbie zones, yet, not another character slot. Brilliant! Particularly with Vanguard on the horizon. Just one bright move after another from SOE. This isn't EQ. You can't fail to support your elder account holders and merely expect to replace them with new customers. There is actually competition out there now, and it's kicking your butts. Get wise. The main benefit of SOE is fast expansions. Go higher, faster, and better. Expand the levels, and keep your elder statesman happy. Their is plenty of content for the new player now. All we have now is a severe bottleneck at level 70. With that, problems persist and headaches continue to mount.</p><p> That said, if they don't expand, I'd really like to know. At that point, I'll hitch my wagon elsewhere. Time for that inevitable ride into the sunset.</p>

Vukota
04-25-2007, 10:06 AM
<p>In my opinion I think that RoK will be nothing but high end content and here is why...</p><p>If all the current rumors are true and this new city that is being built off of CL is in fact a new starting zone for a new race...well then there will be no need for another new race in RoK. The classes will be perfectly balanced between good, neutral & evil. </p><p>I couldn't imagine the devs putting low end content on a continent where there is no low level starter city. It makes total sense for the devs to get this new race out of the way now and concentrate on nothing but high end content for the level 70 crowd that is getting bored with EoF.</p><p>Here's to hoping RoK will be a littered with high end level 60-80 zones! </p>

Mirander_1
04-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Well, according to that article I linked on the second page, we'll probably learn the truth of the whole thing next week, as there's supposed to be some sort of press event coming up.

Kinuun
04-25-2007, 07:06 PM
So if you haven't noticed yet, there's a new gate in the CL, north of the KoS Spire. Here are some pics: <img src="http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2782/eq2000333hm8.jpg" border="0"> And the dialoge of two NPC's in the tent near the gate: <img src="http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/6771/dlwtextzb9.jpg" border="0"> Location: <img src="http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7619/dlwmaphd9.jpg" border="0"> Now, is it true there's another possible entrance in Nek? If so, where?

ke'la
04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
<cite>cronar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It is funny to see people go on the defensive when comparing eq2 to lotro. They are two seperate games, seperate enginges, ideas, etc....</p><p>Of course they will not appeal the same to everyone. People have differing tastes.</p><p>That said, and i am a fan of eq2, lotro the world is much prettier than eq2. In fact the world seems much more realistic. Not knocking eq2's world at all. I like it a lot, it is pretty and reaslitic enough for me to enjoy.</p><p>In Lotro, the game seems to be paced for people who are not rushing for uber. It is set out for people to enjoy at whatever their pace may be. It is hard to judge a game on just the first 15 levels, but i myself enjoyed what they presented to me from level 1 on.</p><p>I would bet also that current eq2 devs would have nice things to say about it as well.</p><p>In regards to a lasting affect being made on eq2 from lotro, i don't think it will. The biggest draw will come from WoW.</p></blockquote>I have played LOTRO and I think it is a great game and is more "Relisticly old" in art design then EQ2 and just a Pritty and IMO alot bigger feeling then Old World EQ2,(though in land mass they are about the same size) though EoF EQ2 seems just as big. If you played LOTRO in beta chances are you where not playing with the High end Textures, wich are now available. However, IMO its will draw more from WoW then EQ2 because I think the play style there would appeal more to the WoW PvEer then the avergage EQ2 player.

shellywin
04-28-2007, 03:27 AM
<p>Does the Lord of the Ring Oline belong to SOE?</p>