PDA

View Full Version : Coercer's Mesmeration, Stuns, Stifles, Silences, etc..

ShadowMunkie
04-08-2007, 09:35 PM
In Deathfist Citadel, I noticed that even while mobs are mez'd they can still attack and cast spells. Even while stunned/silenced they can still charm people/knockback/fear. This isn't jsut happening in DFC its happening everywhere I attack, a couple days ago I fought a gnoll in TS mentored down to get AA from it, and it mez'd me while stunned. So I said must have targeted the wrong mob, and thought nothing about it. However I mez'd it and it mez'd me again. I understand that most people say that Enchanters aren't that useful, especially in the Coercer way, since Illusionist supposedly gets better DPS, better Debuffs, a pet, even through AA they can charm stuff. I am not wanting to play an Illusionist, because I love my Coercer. However its frustrating seeing as more mobs are becoming immune to mez/stun, it's bad enough almost the entire charm base is gone, from what it once was. Even whenever Coercer charms a mob it doesn't keep it's full HP/Attack etc. I don't know where the suggestions board is however I would like to make a few suggestions. 1: Allow Coercer's to get quest updates via charmed pets. Not loot, nor EXP but, simply Quest updates. Sometimes its hard for use to find groups because we are useless, in many peoples eyes and Many people don't even know what we do, etc. 2: Coercer's are supposed to be about mind control, so why can't someone that is a higher level 10+ levels higher, not be able to charm a mob? Coercer's should be able to charm certain uncharmable mobs at a level of either int, or wis.

xOnaton1
04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
<cite>ShadowMunkie wrote:</cite><blockquote>In Deathfist Citadel, I noticed that even while mobs are mez'd they can still attack and cast spells. Even while stunned/silenced they can still charm people/knockback/fear. This isn't jsut happening in DFC its happening everywhere I attack, a couple days ago I fought a gnoll in TS mentored down to get AA from it, and it mez'd me while stunned. So I said must have targeted the wrong mob, and thought nothing about it. However I mez'd it and it mez'd me again. </blockquote>I haven't seen the charm/knockback/fear but if you're a coercer, you may want to read <a href="http://www.eq2idb.com/item_details.php?item=LTE5OTI5Mjk5NTU=" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">the spell description for your mez</a>. Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere

Momolicio
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
There are quite a few mobs that still have effects they can produce while under the effects of Mez. This IMO is a bug, but dont expect it to get fixed soon. The spell description, if you indead read it, refers to the ability of the caster to cast this spell when the condition is applied to them. Something that has never worked as long as I can remember. The fact that DFC is a vew zone maybe there is hope that someone will read this and look into it. I know when EoF came out there are some named that still AE when mezd, such as the named mech in Court of Innovation after you have destroyed the batteries. Mez him an he will happily AE.

Raidi Sovin'faile
04-10-2007, 05:40 AM
<p>My Coercer can cast mez while stunned, stifled, mezzed, etc.</p><p>It would stand to reason that if an NPC is loaded as a Coercer, then he would be able to cast mez while he is mez'd too.</p><p>This exact situation (gnoll casting mez while mez'd) came up right after they made the udpate that had NPCs loaded as classes instead of just using abilities. That's why Fighter NPCs will taunt you off other mobs afterall.</p><p>So no, that's not a bug at all. They SHOULD be able to mez through, as long as they are in fact a Coercer.</p><p>The other things (knockback, fear, etc) may be related to some mobs running scripted events instead of actual abilities. This happens a lot in raid zones, so DFC would be no exception.</p><p>A scripted event would happen regardless of stifles and stuns, etc. So if the same thing, and only the same thing, keeps happening even when it's stunned, etc, that would be my suspicion.</p>

bubbaj6
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I once spent about 3 minutes mezzed while return mezzing the Spore King in Harclave. We just kept mezzing each other. Was quite funny.

Tallika_Runwithbears
04-10-2007, 03:50 PM
the mez/counter mez fight is always the funniest when i try to regain control of my enchanter classed pets after they break...  So while alot of the spells they cast while my pet are complimentary to me they are also top the most frustrating to play with list sometimes as they tend to break charm alot.

Jesdyr
04-11-2007, 04:35 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>A scripted event would happen regardless of stifles and stuns, etc. So if the same thing, and only the same thing, keeps happening even when it's stunned, etc, that would be my suspicion.</p></blockquote> There is also a way to counter scripted events. FD will sometimes cause the script to lose target and will cancel the event. This doesnt work with all events but it does work on some.

Rayche
04-11-2007, 10:32 PM
The original poster isn't speaking of a misunderstanding. There actually IS a broken game mechanic that's popped up recently. I watched the exact same thing in Obelisk of Blight last night. We had two adds during a fight, our Coercer mezzed them and they continued to auto-attack and use combat arts on me. We were on teamspeak and he was saying "Dude! That mob is STILL mezzed and attacking you!" I looked at it and sure enough it still had the mez icon on it's buff list, and nobody was touching it, yet it continued to attack me. It was obvious as day. I thought it was a fluke, but I'm starting to think maybe it wasn't. I'll keep an eye out for this more closely now and see if I can see any reason. Devs, see if you can replicate that.

Tallika_Runwithbears
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
was it actually doing damage or was it just doing an attack animation??  I've been in certian places where i've mezzed mobs who continue doing their static animations even when mezzed.  Like if they were standing around sparing with another npc.  when you mez them they continue that sparing animation.

Kirianna1
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
It was still attacking him and doing damage. Not just a graphical glitch. As Goji said, we thought it was a fluke but the fact that someone else experienced the same thing, maybe it's a bug? Although it hasn't happened again since that night to my knowledge. Maybe we both experienced flukes.. maybe it was a bug that's already been fixed. Who knows. *shrug*

EvilIguana9
04-16-2007, 05:26 PM
It can be hard to tell what is intended and what is a bug given the circumstances.  Some abilities can be used while stunned/mezzed/stifled by their nature, but there are also some mobs that, by design, are unaffected by control spells.  The kicker is that there is no way to tell if the mob is affected or not other than observation.  It's really annoying especially when you rely on those spells to do your job.