PDA

View Full Version : Why are half the Godking epic 2.0 weapons still Ornate, as well as 3.0 Razorwing Bandolier?

Dynaen
04-01-2007, 05:39 PM
<p>I see that most of the Peacock 2.0 rewards have been made adornable, yet the mage rewards are not, namely the Wand of Second Life.</p><p> In addition the Claymore 3.0 reward Razorwing Bandolier is still Ornate, while nearly every other Claymore reward along the line was made adornable.</p><p> Is there any reason for this or was this just overlooked?</p>

sah
04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Dynaen wrote: <blockquote>I see that most of the Peacock 2.0 rewards have been made adornable, yet the mage rewards are not, namely the Wand of Second Life.</blockquote> This is intended because of the weapon's ability to change wield styles...Currently there's no way to save adornments and even if they put a warning, people are bound to do it and complain about losing adornments...When they do figure out how to prevent the adornments from being destroyed, the weapons will probably be made adornable although it isn't high on their list of things to do...

Kaiser Sigma
04-01-2007, 11:41 PM
That doesn't explain why the Shoulders and Razorwing Bandolier from the Claymore quests are still flagged as ornate though. =p

Harbing
04-02-2007, 12:37 AM
<cite>Dynaen wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I see that most of the Peacock 2.0 rewards have been made adornable, yet the mage rewards are not, namely the Wand of Second Life.</p><p> In addition the Claymore 3.0 reward Razorwing Bandolier is still Ornate, while nearly every other Claymore reward along the line was made adornable.</p><p> Is there any reason for this or was this just overlooked?</p></blockquote> Hi, yeah i was asking myself the same question. Anybody who done the Claymore questline knows this line is very long and some parts are really annoying. The Razorwing Bandolier is the reward for one of the last quests in an epic x2 zone and the damage rating is the same as a mastercrafted dragonhide satchel, the stats are worse; the only decent thing about it are the resists. Please change the rewards for such a long questline to be adornable. Many thanks in advance. Caine Blades Darathar

Dynaen
04-02-2007, 04:18 AM
<cite>sahet wrote:</cite><blockquote>Dynaen wrote: <blockquote>I see that most of the Peacock 2.0 rewards have been made adornable, yet the mage rewards are not, namely the Wand of Second Life.</blockquote> This is intended because of the weapon's ability to change wield styles...Currently there's no way to save adornments and even if they put a warning, people are bound to do it and complain about losing adornments...When they do figure out how to prevent the adornments from being destroyed, the weapons will probably be made adornable although it isn't high on their list of things to do...</blockquote> If this is really the case, easiest solution would just be to add a warning before you change the wield style telling you you'll lose the adornment if you change wield it.  I really doubt many people even use the 2h staff anyhow, I don't really know why the option is there, and not being able to adorn it after going through that questline (which is far harder than epic 1 or 3 imho) is just irritating.

sah
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
not going to happen...the dev said that no matter how many warnings and how annoying the warnings are people will do it and then complain...for example, there's a warning when you try to switch your secondary tradeskill but shortly after eof came out people still clicked through the warnings and reset their tradeskill...the devs don't want to do it because SOE's policy is to not give back items players delete so in the end, it's going to appear that CS is horrible cuz they won't give you your adornments back and it will lead to lots of whining...and since that staff is the only non-hq reward with the ability, it's really low on their to-do list...