PDA

View Full Version : Resists


CresentBlade
03-24-2007, 05:52 AM
<p>What resist affects Lifetap?</p><p>What resist affects Druid thorn shields?</p><p>How do resists break down in PvP? Say a ShadowKnight goes to Harm Touch me (Ya I know its rare but) does the Ht first roll against Magic resist and then Disease? Or does it roll straight against Disease? Same with wizard Ball of Fire, does it have to go through Magic Resist first or just against your Fire resist?</p><p>Thanks in advance. </p>

Darlion
03-24-2007, 06:03 AM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>What resist affects Lifetap?</p><p>What resist affects Druid thorn shields?</p><p>How do resists break down in PvP? Say a ShadowKnight goes to Harm Touch me (Ya I know its rare but) does the Ht first roll against Magic resist and then Disease? Or does it roll straight against Disease? Same with wizard Ball of Fire, does it have to go through Magic Resist first or just against your Fire resist?</p><p>Thanks in advance. </p></blockquote><p>Check the spell description. Easiest way to do this is search the broker for the spell (It will show up in your combat log as XXX's XXX does X disease/magic/heat/whatever damage to you). It will tell you what damage it does. And based of that damage (Ball of fire is heat) it then goes against your resist of that type, and nothing else. If it says melee damage, it is based on the type of weapon they are using I do believe (if you don't want to get complicated, it's your physical mitigation). </p>

CresentBlade
03-24-2007, 06:07 AM
<cite>Darlion wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>What resist affects Lifetap?</p><p>What resist affects Druid thorn shields?</p><p>How do resists break down in PvP? Say a ShadowKnight goes to Harm Touch me (Ya I know its rare but) does the Ht first roll against Magic resist and then Disease? Or does it roll straight against Disease? Same with wizard Ball of Fire, does it have to go through Magic Resist first or just against your Fire resist?</p><p>Thanks in advance. </p></blockquote><p>Check the spell description. Easiest way to do this is search the broker for the spell (It will show up in your combat log as XXX's XXX does X disease/magic/heat/whatever damage to you). It will tell you what damage it does. And based of that damage (Ball of fire is heat) it then goes against your resist of that type, and nothing else. If it says melee damage, it is based on the type of weapon they are using I do believe (if you don't want to get complicated, it's your physical mitigation). </p></blockquote><p>Ok makes sense, I havent seen anythin that does magic damage but wands so wasnt sure if it was a main resist. Thank you.</p><p>One last thing on the resist say I have 51% in Disease, does this mean 51% at resisting any disease spell or just that it will stp 51% of the damage? </p>

CresentBlade
03-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Is there a soft cap on resists?

Darlion
03-24-2007, 06:13 AM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Darlion wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>What resist affects Lifetap?</p><p>What resist affects Druid thorn shields?</p><p>How do resists break down in PvP? Say a ShadowKnight goes to Harm Touch me (Ya I know its rare but) does the Ht first roll against Magic resist and then Disease? Or does it roll straight against Disease? Same with wizard Ball of Fire, does it have to go through Magic Resist first or just against your Fire resist?</p><p>Thanks in advance. </p></blockquote><p>Check the spell description. Easiest way to do this is search the broker for the spell (It will show up in your combat log as XXX's XXX does X disease/magic/heat/whatever damage to you). It will tell you what damage it does. And based of that damage (Ball of fire is heat) it then goes against your resist of that type, and nothing else. If it says melee damage, it is based on the type of weapon they are using I do believe (if you don't want to get complicated, it's your physical mitigation). </p></blockquote><p>Ok makes sense, I havent seen anythin that does magic damage but wands so wasnt sure if it was a main resist. Thank you.</p><p>One last thing on the resist say I have 51% in Disease, does this mean 51% at resisting any disease spell or just that it will stp 51% of the damage? </p></blockquote><p>It is both. You have a 51% chance to outright resist the spell and when it does land you will take only 49% of the damage. Although if the person is using high quality spells (most masters make it 40% easier to land) with enhanced disruption and the like, your resist rate will not (or at least shouldn't) be near this high.</p><p>As to what classes use magic damage, I believe conjurors use magic, as well as many KOS AA spells. Magic is also the base resist for many root spells. </p>

CresentBlade
03-24-2007, 06:15 AM
AH thought priest roots where Divine and sk/Necro where diease/poison......and casters mental as far as roots go hmmm