PDA

View Full Version : Language filter not working correctly for post titles

matthewsj11
03-23-2007, 07:32 AM
<p>I was reading a topic where the title contained words that where blocked by the forums language filter. Unfortunately with IE 7 the topics title is displayed in the title bar of IE and also in the tabbed browsing field.</p><p> The language filter worked correctly in the main forum title but displays the original text in the IE title bars. While this slightly amuses me and  could lead to some inventive posting titles it is probably not the intended use of the filter.</p>

Tstorm
03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>I was reading a topic where the title contained words that where blocked by the forums language filter. Unfortunately with IE 7 the topics title is displayed in the title bar of IE and also in the tabbed browsing field.</p><p> The language filter worked correctly in the main forum title but displays the original text in the IE title bars. While this slightly amuses me and  could lead to some inventive posting titles it is probably not the intended use of the filter.</p></blockquote>The behavior is the same in Firefox.  I debated mentioning this in the stickied issues list, but decided not to because noone else seemed to have noticed it and I figured if noone else had noticed it I'd exclude it for the time being. I'll update the issues list with this and as I think about this some more, I figure those that abuse this bug will have the moderators to deal with since profanity is not permitted on the forums, filter or not.