PDA

View Full Version : Desert of Flames confusion

Sekhau
03-20-2007, 09:38 PM
<p>Might anyone please be able to suggest a website or resources for the Desert of Flames outlining some of the expansion?</p><p>I realize it sounds vague, but that's where we're at.</p><p>Factions - Who / What / Where / Why should we be X Faction?</p><p> How much of each Faction is needed?   We're not sure what the Faction is needed for in the first place.</p><p>Quests - Related to Factions, as much as we could decipher.   Not sure what the progression is.</p><p>We've completed a couple quests, and we received Coins in each of three types (Blades / Truth / something else).   What are these for?  Where do we put them?</p><p>Maj'dul is scary!</p><p>Allakhazam and eq2i are great, and very informative ... if you know what to do with the information.  We're looking for an overview, I suppose.</p>

Mystfit
03-21-2007, 08:23 AM
I"m not sure of a good resource, but I'll try to make a starter sense out of it. There are three factions on the beach of SInking Sands. BLades, court, Truth. Pick one (just one) and do his faction quests. He offers two types, depending on the amount of faction, these are repeatable. There is one that offers a small amount of faction and another, a larger amount. When faction hits 20,000 go that that Court in Maj Dul and zone in and begin working faction with them though a serious of quests given by usually two people, agai ndepending on faction. The coins you get, you should collect from the two factions you are NOT working on. Go to the Court of the Moon, one of the lage building on your right from the entrance of Maj Dul. Speak to the faction representative you WANT to level and turn in the coins. You get rewarded with faction as this is sort of like proof you killed enemy faction. YOu have two goals now..to raise faction tomax and hit level character with your character. When you hit 60, you can do a quest for a faction title, when you git max faction, it opens a new instance you can do battle with.If you're really into DOF, when you've gotten your title (and access to the faction instance-which you never lose), you can leave Maj Dul, never to return OR go back to the beach and redo one of the two factions you didn't do the first time until you get access to their instance (now you can turn in tokens you may have with the faction you worked on first), then go back and do the third faction. Doing all three factions, getting access to the three instances begins another series of quests that rewards you with a cool title and some nice items. You also get +80,000 faction with all courts would should make all of them love you. THe only other faction of note is in POF and involves a series of quests that end in an Ebon title for evils and Jade Tiger for goodies. It's similar, do small repeatable quests up to a certain faction point, then do laorger ones unti lthe final quest opens up the title.

Prodigus
03-21-2007, 09:54 PM
You may want to try tentonhammer as they have some excellent write ups and walkthroughs to get you started.  Google eq2 and tentonhammer and you should be on your way =)

Sekhau
03-21-2007, 10:53 PM
<p>Thank you both! Very much appreciated. </p><p> Mystfyt thank you also for taking the time to write that up, it's VERY helpful.</p><p>Sounds like we're going to take it slowly and stick with one Faction in the beginning, definitely.</p><p>One other question ... Is there / Are there different benefits to choosing one Faction over the others?  For example, Court of Blades is melee-ish in terms of rewards, Court of Truth perhaps is more Priest-ish, etc.</p>

Mystfit
03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
I don't recall to that degree, though in my head, I imagine Blades as mele, truth as magic (I chose truth first, but did them all eventually) and Coins as Commerce. You could visit a questing website and see what rewards are offered for all the quests and decide what you like. If you are a pet freak then each court has it's own pets.