PDA

View Full Version : who has the highest self buffed physical mitigation


Splintered
03-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Under the best situation, which class can achieve the highest physical mitigation?

Kaleyen
03-20-2007, 04:13 PM
With self short terms...Guardian.

Bozidar
03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>Under the best situation, which class can achieve the highest physical mitigation?</blockquote> What tier?

Splintered
03-20-2007, 04:19 PM
<cite>Bozidar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>Under the best situation, which class can achieve the highest physical mitigation?</blockquote> What tier?</blockquote> lvl 70

Wytie
03-20-2007, 04:31 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Bozidar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>Under the best situation, which class can achieve the highest physical mitigation?</blockquote> What tier?</blockquote> lvl 70</blockquote> The only Tier that matters...........

Splintered
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
humm.. anyone else think anything besides guardian?

t0iletduck
03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I'd also agree with guardian using their 30 second mit buffs. An SK can achieve high mitigation using Despoil on a large linked encounter, but that doesnt really count as self buffed.

Mildavyn
03-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Why not? You cast it didnt you?

Splintered
03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
heheh, well, intresting experience, but so far no one got it correct. I guess I'll go ahead and give the answer. A bruiser can actually achieve the highest self buffed mitigation in the game <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />.

Mildavyn
03-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Interesting, care to explain how?

Splintered
03-21-2007, 12:19 AM
sure <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />.. these figures are using the armor sets of drytan (leather armor) and weakling (heavy armor) (venekor), both of which have top of the line fabled gear. Now I will say a Guardian would have a much easier time reaching his max mit then a bruiser would, but the point was who can achieve the max mitigation <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />. Leather armor: 1818 Defensive Stance: 455 Vigorous Spirit: 762 Hardened Skin: 2176 AA line to increase hardened skin: 544 Eagle Expert: 1400 Adornments: 268 Total:  physical mit 7423 Guardian: Heavy Armor: 3694 Defensive Stance: 775 Command: 762 (take all three it adds to and divide by 3) Wall of Force: 1104 Under wisdom line 8pts in phy mit: Estimating 350 Adornments: 268 Total: 6953

t0iletduck
03-21-2007, 01:46 AM
ahhh crap, good trick question. I'd still take the guard tanking anyday though <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> [email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Why not? You cast it didnt you?</blockquote> I didn't count the mitigation siphon as its dependent on a large linked encounter and not having any of them resist. I haven't went looking for a low level linked encounter to try to siphon from, as a group of 8 that con would be a swifth death solo. Trying to do this experiment against mobs mobs that conned would be a swift death as I need 8 linked mobs. However, I have broke 8k mit in Lyceum against the 8 linked mobs as you go down the stairs toward Vilucidae. Unfortunately as each mob dies, you lose a portion of that siphoned mit.

Darlion
03-21-2007, 02:07 AM
That guard needs to upgrade his gear! Ick!

Norrsken
03-21-2007, 05:10 AM
<cite>t0iletduck wrote:</cite><blockquote>ahhh crap, good trick question. I'd still take the guard tanking anyday though <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> [email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Why not? You cast it didnt you?</blockquote> I didn't count the mitigation siphon as its dependent on a large linked encounter and not having any of them resist. I haven't went looking for a low level linked encounter to try to siphon from, as a group of 8 that con would be a swifth death solo. Trying to do this experiment against mobs mobs that conned would be a swift death as I need 8 linked mobs. However, I have broke 8k mit in Lyceum against the 8 linked mobs as you go down the stairs toward Vilucidae. Unfortunately as each mob dies, you lose a portion of that siphoned mit. </blockquote>They WOULD?! I love those encounters on my sk!

t0iletduck
03-22-2007, 02:02 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>t0iletduck wrote:</cite><blockquote>ahhh crap, good trick question. I'd still take the guard tanking anyday though <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> [email protected] wrote: <blockquote>Why not? You cast it didnt you?</blockquote> I didn't count the mitigation siphon as its dependent on a large linked encounter and not having any of them resist. I haven't went looking for a low level linked encounter to try to siphon from, as a group of 8 that con would be a swifth death solo. Trying to do this experiment against mobs mobs that conned would be a swift death as I need 8 linked mobs. However, I have broke 8k mit in Lyceum against the 8 linked mobs as you go down the stairs toward Vilucidae. Unfortunately as each mob dies, you lose a portion of that siphoned mit. </blockquote>They WOULD?! I love those encounters on my sk! </blockquote>hehe, i meant a guardian tanking over a bruiser. Of course I'd rather tank encounters like that <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Oshef
03-22-2007, 03:32 AM
I'm up to 7200ish with both my short terms up. I have block adornments instead of +mit adornments also.. I could easily get 7500 - especially considering i'm not even fully EoF fabled yet. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> edit: thats after AA's in my short terms.. grasshoppa. my M1 command is somewhere in the neighborhood of 996 mit.. just an fyi

CKash
03-22-2007, 02:09 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote> Leather armor: 1818 Defensive Stance: 455 Vigorous Spirit: 762 Hardened Skin: 2176 AA line to increase hardened skin: 544 Eagle Expert: 1400 Adornments: 268 Total:  physical mit 7423 Guardian: Heavy Armor: 3694        <span style="color: #cc0000"> 4495 </span>Defensive Stance: 775         <span style="color: #cc0000">538 </span>(this is at m1 so not sure where the 775 comes from) Command: 762 (take all three it adds to and divide by 3)     <span style="color: #cc0000">868 </span>(the guard AA line increases this and ive only 2 in it so would be even higher) Wall of Force: 1104    1104 Under wisdom line 8pts in phy mit: Estimating 350   <span style="color: #cc0000">314 </span>(actual amount) Adornments: 268         268   (I havnt got these cause my server is dead but ill include them to show the potential) Total: 6953     <span style="color: #cc0000"> 7587</span>... </blockquote><p> Hmmm... seems the guard has it <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p><p>this is from Saracen of Nexus on Darathar </p><p> How do i post a screenshot? </p>

MikeMatsumo
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Guardian then zerker. Anyway,thats not more important because all class have they good points and are balanced. I have one paladin full flabed lvl 70 and in most time I inspect another flabed guardian he have a little more mitigation then me. But this make sense because guardians dont have wards/heals so they need alittle more mitigation. With right aa line a paladin can ward(1400+/-) each 8.30 seconds and we have at least 1500 more power then another tank class for that. So, its the same at the end. I think SOE is pretty good in that. If you wanna  make a plate user, dont worry only about mitigation. Im pretty sure your class will give what you need. And after combats chances, avoid is really important so monks/bruisers are super cool right now. But if miti its only thing that you wanna: 1 guardian 2 zerker. oggro/barbarian races. my opnion.

Ameniel
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>sure <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />.. these figures are using the armor sets of drytan (leather armor) and weakling (heavy armor) (venekor), both of which have top of the line fabled gear. Now I will say a Guardian would have a much easier time reaching his max mit then a bruiser would, but the point was who can achieve the max mitigation <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />. Leather armor: 1818 Defensive Stance: 455 Vigorous Spirit: 762 Hardened Skin: 2176 AA line to increase hardened skin: 544 Eagle Expert: 1400 Adornments: 268 Total:  physical mit 7423 Guardian: Heavy Armor: 3694 Defensive Stance: 775 Command: 762 (take all three it adds to and divide by 3) Wall of Force: 1104 Under wisdom line 8pts in phy mit: Estimating 350 Adornments: 268 Total: 6953 </blockquote> Wasn't aware monks get vigorous spirit, thought that was a bruiser-only thing.

Splintered
03-22-2007, 03:38 PM
<p>i would love to know how some of you are claiming heavy armor to give somewhere in the region of 4400-4500. I have looked at probably 5 different gaurdians and zerkers (including you osfeh) and most only add to around 3700-3800. Oshef your was at 3732. I also must have made a mistake on guardian short term buffs through aa's, as I thought it only increase reuse speed. So i'll add 25% to command and recalulate using your fabled armor set.</p><p> Heavy armor: 3732</p><p> Defensive stance: 560</p><p>Wis line: 315</p><p>Wall of Force: 1104</p><p>Command: 762 (This number was achieved as a medium between the three bonus' the guardian gets)</p><p>Command AA: 190 (assuming a 25% increase)</p><p>Adornments: 268</p><p>total: 6931</p><p>The only way I could see those numbers getting higher is if defensive stance effects command and wall of force by 15%, but then if that was the case then the bruisers defensive stance would be much higher with the temp buffs. I'll test this when I get home, but i don't believe that is true.</p>

Splintered
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
<cite>Ameniel wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>sure <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />.. these figures are using the armor sets of drytan (leather armor) and weakling (heavy armor) (venekor), both of which have top of the line fabled gear. Now I will say a Guardian would have a much easier time reaching his max mit then a bruiser would, but the point was who can achieve the max mitigation <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />. Leather armor: 1818 Defensive Stance: 455 Vigorous Spirit: 762 Hardened Skin: 2176 AA line to increase hardened skin: 544 Eagle Expert: 1400 Adornments: 268 Total:  physical mit 7423 Guardian: Heavy Armor: 3694 Defensive Stance: 775 Command: 762 (take all three it adds to and divide by 3) Wall of Force: 1104 Under wisdom line 8pts in phy mit: Estimating 350 Adornments: 268 Total: 6953 </blockquote> Wasn't aware monks get vigorous spirit, thought that was a bruiser-only thing. </blockquote> monks get something similiar, but no, i was refering to bruisers. Only I was using a monks armor, which really doesn't matter, its all leather armor.

Oshef
03-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll tell you exactly how I get my number.. I log in.. i take my defensive stance off - I look at my mitigation. I put my defensive stance on.. I put my short terms up.. I look at my mitigation..

Harbringer Doom
03-22-2007, 04:54 PM
<cite>Oshef wrote:</cite><blockquote>I'll tell you exactly how I get my number.. I log in.. i take my defensive stance off - I look at my mitigation. I put my defensive stance on.. I put my short terms up.. I look at my mitigation.. </blockquote> I don't know where you get these crazy calculating techniques from.

Splintered
03-23-2007, 12:46 AM
<cite>Oshef wrote:</cite><blockquote>I'll tell you exactly how I get my number.. I log in.. i take my defensive stance off - I look at my mitigation. I put my defensive stance on.. I put my short terms up.. I look at my mitigation.. </blockquote> yes, I believe you, but your forgetting something which i forgot until tonight. Racial traits... every race can select to increase there physical mitigation, and that would account for about the extra 200-250 or so. Bruisers would have the same thing, so it would only carry over the same way it has for yours.

CKash
03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>i would love to know how some of you are claiming heavy armor to give somewhere in the region of 4400-4500. I have looked at probably 5 different gaurdians and zerkers (including you osfeh) and most only add to around 3700-3800. Oshef your was at 3732. I also must have made a mistake on guardian short term buffs through aa's, as I thought it only increase reuse speed. So i'll add 25% to command and recalulate using your fabled armor set.</p><p> Heavy armor: 3732</p><p> Defensive stance: 560</p><p>Wis line: 315</p><p>Wall of Force: 1104</p><p>Command: 762 (This number was achieved as a medium between the three bonus' the guardian gets)</p><p>Command AA: 190 (assuming a 25% increase)</p><p>Adornments: 268</p><p>total: 6931</p><p>The only way I could see those numbers getting higher is if defensive stance effects command and wall of force by 15%, but then if that was the case then the bruisers defensive stance would be much higher with the temp buffs. I'll test this when I get home, but i don't believe that is true.</p></blockquote> I'm not sure how you are gettin these numbers but the figures I gave you were taken whilst i was in game (same way as Oshef got his... <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />)... i was looking at my mitigation realtime as I wrote it... to be fair it was only at 7319 but thats cause I don't have any adornments... and thats with only 2 points in the AA line... with all the extras I could hit maybe 7700... if i could figure out how to post a screeny I could show you... plus once SoE at long feckin last enables movelog I'll get the adornments and the AA I need to get it up to....

Splintered
03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
<cite>CKash wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>i would love to know how some of you are claiming heavy armor to give somewhere in the region of 4400-4500. I have looked at probably 5 different gaurdians and zerkers (including you osfeh) and most only add to around 3700-3800. Oshef your was at 3732. I also must have made a mistake on guardian short term buffs through aa's, as I thought it only increase reuse speed. So i'll add 25% to command and recalulate using your fabled armor set.</p><p> Heavy armor: 3732</p><p> Defensive stance: 560</p><p>Wis line: 315</p><p>Wall of Force: 1104</p><p>Command: 762 (This number was achieved as a medium between the three bonus' the guardian gets)</p><p>Command AA: 190 (assuming a 25% increase)</p><p>Adornments: 268</p><p>total: 6931</p><p>The only way I could see those numbers getting higher is if defensive stance effects command and wall of force by 15%, but then if that was the case then the bruisers defensive stance would be much higher with the temp buffs. I'll test this when I get home, but i don't believe that is true.</p></blockquote> I'm not sure how you are gettin these numbers but the figures I gave you were taken whilst i was in game (same way as Oshef got his... <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />)... i was looking at my mitigation realtime as I wrote it... to be fair it was only at 7319 but thats cause I don't have any adornments... and thats with only 2 points in the AA line... with all the extras I could hit maybe 7700... if i could figure out how to post a screeny I could show you... plus once SoE at long feckin last enables movelog I'll get the adornments and the AA I need to get it up to.... </blockquote>I'm getting the numbers simply by adding <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />. I am also using the master 1 versions of these spells. Only thing in question is if you could confirm what the guardian aa's do exactly to effect command and wall of force.

Cocytus
03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Um no, assuming a bruiser and a guardian are in the same quality gear and spells, a bruiser can self but his mit higher than a guardian.

LostSerpant
08-12-2007, 07:01 PM
<p>you want higher mitigation on guardian but it all depends on if you have masters me personally i dont i have adept 1 and i sit at juat over 5k mit with using 30 sec mit buff and can still take a beatin</p><p>Reaperscurse lvl 70 Guardian venekor</p>

Spider
08-12-2007, 07:51 PM
<cite>Splintered wrote:</cite><blockquote>humm.. anyone else think anything besides guardian?</blockquote><p> inquisitor </p><p>battle cleric +10% mit ftw</p><p>theres inquis wearable plate with nearly 600 mit on each peice plus good jewlery and adrons  u can get some sickly high mit </p>