PDA

View Full Version : Question about upcoming server transfers/movelogs...


Léon
03-18-2007, 02:09 PM
<p>...was just wondering what the naming policy will be...if 2 players have the same name with the oldest keep the name? or will the one who is moving over to a new server lose his name?</p><p> with the server merges back in the day on pve it was the oldest kept, but since it isnt a merge they are non-essentil movelogs, will this mean that the person switching over loses it?</p><p> any insight appreciated <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

EQ2Playa432
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
The oldest character gets the name still, and the newer one will get an 'x' at the end of theirs. Then you can do /rename or petition for a new name.

tass
03-18-2007, 04:13 PM
in ur case pops u dont have to worry as ur the only 1 in any server with ur name. You can check here btw. <a href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/fullCharacterSearch.action" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...erSearch.action</a>

Eybietie
03-18-2007, 05:39 PM
<cite>EQ2Playa432 wrote:</cite><blockquote>The oldest character gets the name still, and the newer one will get an 'x' at the end of theirs. Then you can do /rename or petition for a new name. </blockquote><p> <span style="color: #ffff00">wrong. they made it easier. if your char name allready exists on the server you want to move, they ask you for your new name on the transfer website ( i.e. there will be a field where you have to choose a new name or change the existing name ...as you wish ) btw my char name allready exists on naggy... even with the X in the end lol</span></p>

Sinistria
03-19-2007, 04:25 AM
clever people (<---- uberclever) make chars on every server they probably want to playon day. so did i. just have to delete old char and thats it.

Norrsken
03-19-2007, 04:46 AM
<cite>Sinistria wrote:</cite><blockquote>clever people (<---- uberclever) make chars on every server they probably want to playon day. so did i. just have to delete old char and thats it. </blockquote>Clever altaholics cant do that. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Eybietie
03-19-2007, 08:19 AM
<span style="color: #ffff00">yeah.. well i have a very unique name nobody ever would think of to choose : shade ^^ i think the name was created on nagafen when the pvp server went live....it is a defiler if i remember right with 4 hrs playtime ^^ something like that... </span>

Norrsken
03-19-2007, 08:44 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><span style="color: #ffff00">yeah.. well i have a very unique name nobody ever would think of to choose : shade ^^ i think the name was created on nagafen when the pvp server went live....it is a defiler if i remember right with 4 hrs playtime ^^ something like that... </span></blockquote>On server merges, the oldest toon with the most playtime gets the name. Should be something similar for toons that have not been played for ages when it comes to character transfers imho. Prolly aint tho. <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Sinistria
03-19-2007, 09:11 AM
i made "shade" on nagafen. send me 100bucks and i gonna delete it for you <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Eybietie
03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
<span style="color: #ffff00">lol you serious? i tried that.. </span><span style="color: #ffffcc"><i>On server merges, the oldest toon with the most playtime gets the name. Should be something similar for toons that have not been played for ages when it comes to character transfers imho </i></span><span style="color: #ffff00">yeah but there are no server merges - you can move to another server so you will have to change your name.</span>

Norrsken
03-19-2007, 11:25 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><span style="color: #ffff00">lol you serious? i tried that.. </span><span style="color: #ffffcc"><i>On server merges, the oldest toon with the most playtime gets the name. Should be something similar for toons that have not been played for ages when it comes to character transfers imho </i></span><span style="color: #ffff00">yeah but there are no server merges - you can move to another server so you will have to change your name.</span></blockquote> I voiced an opinion about how char transfers should work like mergers. Not that they do, nor that one is coming. Read it again.

Eybietie
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
<cite>Sinistria wrote:</cite><blockquote>i made "shade" on nagafen. send me 100bucks and i gonna delete it for you <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p> <span style="color: #ffff00">lol serious? i tried that...</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffff00"><span style="color: #ff9900"> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++</span> @norrsken : the msg above was in reference to sinistria - not to you. just posted again how it will work so people know what´s comming to them </span><img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

Sinistria
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
nah, JK <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Bawang
03-19-2007, 06:49 PM
<p>I had tried to make a char with the name Paranoid on Venekor a few months back.  I guess someone was "sitting" on the name because it was taken.  About a week ago I tried again and lo and behold the name had been released.  Guess the "sitter" needed the slot and had to delete the toon.  Say hi to 36 Zerker Paranoid.</p><p>When EQ2 started, I told someone to "sit" on my name for me until I started to play.  But when I started to play I had forgotten who it was that I had asked for the favor.  So I actually screwed myself trying to be clever.</p>

Sinistria
03-20-2007, 04:12 AM
<div align="justify">->When EQ2 started, I told someone to "sit" on my name for me until I started to play.  But when I started to play I had forgotten who it was that I had asked for the favor.  So I actually screwed myself trying to be clever.<- good one <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></div>

Norrsken
03-20-2007, 05:50 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>Sinistria wrote:</cite><blockquote>i made "shade" on nagafen. send me 100bucks and i gonna delete it for you <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p> <span style="color: #ffff00">lol serious? i tried that...</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffff00"><span style="color: #ff9900"> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++</span> @norrsken : the msg above was in reference to sinistria - not to you. just posted again how it will work so people know what´s comming to them </span><img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p></blockquote>Well, you had my text int here so I assumed you were directing the post to me. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Eybietie
03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
<span style="color: #ffff00">yeah that was what i was thinking <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> let´s blame the forums because you cannot quote two messages ( at least i havent figured out yet.. ) and i was not in spam double post mood</span> <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

t0iletduck
03-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I didn't get the memo about the movelogs. Quick question, can I move my toons off of Naggy to my PVE server, or is it just allowing people to transfer from a blue server to PVP?

DobriyStefan
03-20-2007, 02:12 PM
<cite>t0iletduck wrote:</cite><blockquote>I didn't get the memo about the movelogs. Quick question, can I move my toons off of Naggy to my PVE server, or is it just allowing people to transfer from a blue server to PVP? </blockquote>

DobriyStefan
03-20-2007, 02:20 PM
<cite>DobriyStefan wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>t0iletduck wrote:</cite><blockquote>I didn't get the memo about the movelogs. Quick question, can I move my toons off of Naggy to my PVE server, or is it just allowing people to transfer from a blue server to PVP? </blockquote> </blockquote><p>  You're joking, right?  You mean, you don't know that there are not one but THREE European PVP (not supposed to be Blue) servers that are affected, and the move is TO Venekor =or= Nagafen (=or= Vox), but NOT _from_ Nagafen/Venekor/Vox to *anywhere* and NOT from all the other (Blue) servers.</p><p>    Tell me you're not someone who did not understand that much, from reading this thread from the first post.</p><p>    Don't derail the thread, we on the EU servers deserve real customer service, which includes some kind of roadmap so we can schedule our time on servers and major purchases better.  For example, should I buy masters on Nagafen for chars on Darathar if it turns out the seemingly insurmountable coding issues cannot be solved before next Summer (when more interns are available?)    I'm beginning to wonder if there's any ADULTS running SOE, or if their nephews were given this one to "manage".  I DESERVE a roadmap.   How about YOU?</p><p>  - GS, 21 years in customer service taught me to respect MY customers.  I'll give you the courtesy of thinking you almost can do a better job, but you really dropped the ball on this one.  Please be aware, not everyone has limitless patience. </p>

t0iletduck
03-20-2007, 02:30 PM
<cite>DobriyStefan wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>DobriyStefan wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>t0iletduck wrote:</cite><blockquote>I didn't get the memo about the movelogs. Quick question, can I move my toons off of Naggy to my PVE server, or is it just allowing people to transfer from a blue server to PVP? </blockquote> </blockquote><p>  You're joking, right?  You mean, you don't know that there are not one but THREE European PVP (not supposed to be Blue) servers that are affected, and the move is TO Venekor =or= Nagafen (=or= Vox), but NOT _from_ Nagafen/Venekor/Vox to *anywhere* and NOT from all the other (Blue) servers.</p><p>    Tell me you're not someone who did not understand that much, from reading this thread from the first post.</p><p>    Don't derail the thread, we on the EU servers deserve real customer service, which includes some kind of roadmap so we can schedule our time on servers and major purchases better.  For example, should I buy masters on Nagafen for chars on Darathar if it turns out the seemingly insurmountable coding issues cannot be solved before next Summer (when more interns are available?)    I'm beginning to wonder if there's any ADULTS running SOE, or if their nephews were given this one to "manage".  I DESERVE a roadmap.   How about YOU?</p><p>  - GS, 21 years in customer service taught me to respect MY customers.  I'll give you the courtesy of thinking you almost can do a better job, but you really dropped the ball on this one.  Please be aware, not everyone has limitless patience. </p></blockquote>No im not joking. I don't play on PVP anymore and the only thing that keeps me from deleting my illusionist is the hope that I can move him to my PVE server. Hence, I don't keep up on the PVP update notes or even troll these forums anymore. Yes, I am aware that there are 3 European servers. If it's just allowing people to transfer from their PVP server to a more populated PVP server, then im all for it. Tier 6 is a wasteland on Nagafen which is one of the reasons I don't play on PVP anymore. It's not my interest to derail this thread, I just had a quick question about whether I can move off Naggy to PVE, and it looks like the answer is no. EDIT: I re-read the thread. I didn't see anything about wether transfers between pvp and pve servers were or were not allowed. Forgive my ignorance.