PDA

View Full Version : resists yet again

slashalot
03-12-2007, 09:34 AM
<p>i known, horse dead by beating.</p><p>I had my first encounter with the "resist" issue yesterday;</p><p>even leveled plate-wearing toon resisting every single spell i cast is just way out of wack. I defiantly didn't "resist" (aka avoid) any of his slow as.. swings being a cloth-wearing aglie little freak.</p><p>anyhow done with my "observation" so give it to me</p>

Killque
03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
<p>First time you have come across this? Apparantly this isnt happening constistantly with you if thats the case...</p><p> One toon resists and stuff is broken? </p>

pseudocide
03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
<p>you sure you werent just fighting a twinked out cleric?</p>

tass
03-12-2007, 11:59 PM
ya> I had a swash resist dam near every snare I sent at him. Welcome to resist alot where if I remember right the cheap geared resist alot while the fabled take it all? Or somthing like that. Resists change so much in this game you wonder if they aernt going to go off like m80's and have carnage and body parts everywhere.

Valdar
03-15-2007, 10:49 PM
They should just throw in the hat and remove resists, set mitigation for spells and set a cap for the percentage that can be resisted. Done. Keep it simple

ZhouYu
03-15-2007, 11:28 PM
<cite>Valdar wrote:</cite><blockquote>They should just throw in the hat and remove resists, set mitigation for spells and set a cap for the percentage that can be resisted. Done. Keep it simple </blockquote><i>disagree. the different stats to raise and such increases the level of customization. I would hate to see this game turn into a WoW (made for people of IQ of 12 +). I just think they need to make it so that resists work like mig. Example ..a scout ring shouldn't have same mig as a tank ring. Uf a ring is made to have high resists ...it should be fighters only for example. Problem right now is that all the dps classes can bring their resists up just as much as a tank can. So to spell casters every class is a tank regardless of how much damage they do. THAT is the problem imo.</i>

tass
03-16-2007, 04:16 PM
lol what they should do is use the exact same system that vanguard uses. In there tanks actually mean somthing, mages actually mean somthing, and rouges.... well rouges suck but who cares lol. Ur spells land ur mig holds and every fight ur on ur toes. Of course as ive said before they will never use that system or make it over here because it would only throw away some subscribers who play the game for that setting and the ffa. So ur stuck with the now, so best to get used to it.

Valdar
03-16-2007, 09:10 PM
<cite>ZhouYu wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Valdar wrote:</cite><blockquote>They should just throw in the hat and remove resists, set mitigation for spells and set a cap for the percentage that can be resisted. Done. Keep it simple </blockquote><i>disagree. the different stats to raise and such increases the level of customization. I would hate to see this game turn into a WoW (made for people of IQ of 12 +). I just think they need to make it so that resists work like mig. Example ..a scout ring shouldn't have same mig as a tank ring. Uf a ring is made to have high resists ...it should be fighters only for example. Problem right now is that all the dps classes can bring their resists up just as much as a tank can. So to spell casters every class is a tank regardless of how much damage they do. THAT is the problem imo.</i> </blockquote>I agree that tanks should have the highest mitigation and the highest resists. However, I think that outright resists for spells should be removed.

Kurindor_Mythecnea
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I can do nothing more but express my agreement here. With Scouts often matching and exceeding the DPS of Mages (who typically possess an arsenal warded off by the maneuvers of the enemy [through stuns, stifles, interrupts, knockbacks, and etc), I am a bit befuddled about the peculiarity of the situation. The longevity of Scouts needs to go down and the same needs to go up with Fighters -- with track and such awesome DPS, the Scouts would perfectly glide into equilibrium; although, leave the Bards alone in that sector.

tass
03-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I never did understand how scouts got such high dps in this game. I mean come on lets face it a swash and a brig have the best dam dps with the swash having the best in end game. Same with assassines and rr... well assassins. Rangers were taken care of a long time ago. Thing is scouts were never high end dps in any other game I played. Even eq1. You wanted dps you have to choose some kind of a mage or an somthing crazy like a berzerker. Scouts still had good dps but it didnt rival dam mages. They really shouldnt of mashed al the classes together earlier on in that attempt to balance everything. I think pre lu 13 there actually was a a differance in dmg vs classes.