PDA

View Full Version : Damage on Mounts

ShadowMunkie
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't really know if anyone is experiencing any bugs with this, however a few things have been bothering me. A few people say that on mounts even if your a Fae you are supposed to take damage, well I have a carpet and have jumped from the tallest tree in kelethin down to the lowest region of ground and have yet to take any fallen damage. I currently don't have enough plat to buy a horse, however a guild-mate says she takes damage on a horse. Here's my question, on carpet mounts/hover mounts are you suppose to take damage? Does the fae's gliding effect the way carpet/hover mounts work?, people say they can't glide anymore on a mount, however I wouldn't say I glide, however I fall at a slow rate and don't take falling damage.

swedago
03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
A fae on a Carpet still glides, and takes no falling damage.  A fae on a mount (horse type) does not glide, and takes falling damage.  They should fix the latter..  Makes no sense to pay more money for a horse mount when a carpet does not hinder your glide.

Anski
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Leave the falling damage on horses. It's the best way for me to actually work on safefall

03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
<p>In the beta, Fae could glide on horses.  I believe it was changed for two reasons.</p><p>(1) It allowed fae to practice safe-fall</p><p>(2)  It makes no since that a fay could hold a horse in the air while riding it.  This issue isn't there with flying carpets.  (I would actually like to see a glide type feature added to carpets, maybe something that allows you to "glide" for short distances)</p>

Xaana
03-12-2007, 06:49 PM
<p>While glide being taken away to fae's on horses disappoints me, I have to admit it only makes sense.  </p><p> It makes me giggle thinking of the fae squeezing it's little legs as tight as it can around the horses midsection just to keep from dropping it.  All the fae's would be walking around w/ legs of steel that are as thick as tree trunks.  </p>

Koltr
03-14-2007, 11:44 PM
<cite>Xaana wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>While glide being taken away to fae's on horses disappoints me, I have to admit it only makes sense.  </p><p> It makes me giggle thinking of the fae squeezing it's little legs as tight as it can around the horses midsection just to keep from dropping it.  All the fae's would be walking around w/ legs of steel that are as thick as tree trunks.  </p></blockquote> Reminds me of a Yosemite Sam cartoon. "Horse! I say Stop" "Stop!" "Stop, I say" Horse stop in the open air... "Go horse, go!"

Valdaglerion
03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
<p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">Yes, my fae takes damage on a horse which has already been said. On a related note, with regards to the carpet - </span></p><p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">"It's a flying carpet, why does it hit the ground if you go over the cliff or whatever????" If it hovers above the ground, shouldnt it always. There should not be falling damage UNLESS you are weighted down, then its logical the hovering ability has been altered, much like speed is altered when weighted down.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman">Just a thought anway</span></p>