PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this?


Deancs
03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
<b>I am just returning to eq2 after a very long break from it so I decided to start fresh with a new toon. I was in the caves and there was this guy running attacking the guards over and over and letting it kill him. Is this a new exploit, if so, what is the point behind it?</b>

Wytie
03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
<p>well what happens when you die ???? nothing but 2 things.....</p><p>Think about it, maybe what ever happens when you do that is something they want....</p><p>Ill give ya a hint its something to do with AA's, dont worry someone will give ya an easy answer just not me.....</p>

Eybietie
03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
<span style="color: #ffff00">i´ll do it : twinked lvl 25 chars with 50+ aa points. wootagé ^^</span>

Deancs
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Ok gotcha, just a [Removed for Content] way of getting stronger to kill lowbies. They really need to stop this level locking madness. I mean whats the point? Maybe its just me but I see no challenge in locking at a low lvl and killing people as they are trying to develope their toons. Dont get me wrong, I have one locked as well, and I bring him out from time to time to get some, but I only do this when there are complaints over chat about a [Removed for Content] lvl locker in a noob zone trying to get free kills from peeps trying to level. I log in the little guy to guard the others as they level. I know this isnt gonna change though so I will shut up about it, I know its in a thousand other places on the forums, and the devs have yet to pay it any mind so.....its just sad that eq2 has the potential to be the best game of all time, and they let things like this go on.

Wytie
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
<cite>Deancs wrote:</cite><blockquote>Ok gotcha, just a [Removed for Content] way of getting stronger to kill lowbies. They really need to stop this level locking madness. I mean whats the point? Maybe its just me but I see no challenge in locking at a low lvl and killing people as they are trying to develope their toons. Dont get me wrong, I have one locked as well, and I bring him out from time to time to get some, but I only do this when there are complaints over chat about a [Removed for Content] lvl locker in a noob zone trying to get free kills from peeps trying to level. I log in the little guy to guard the others as they level. I know this isnt gonna change though so I will shut up about it, I know its in a thousand other places on the forums, and the devs have yet to pay it any mind so.....its just sad that eq2 has the potential to be the best game of all time, and they let things like this go on. </blockquote><p> well your kinda missing the point too....</p><p>see there are alot of twinks at this level anyone with a title of any kind is prob a twink or close, so yea you do gank the lowbie but they out level ya in a day or two, no biggie to them the fun is when your twink meets my twink or group twink vs group twink its really alot of fun...</p><p>The best part, is your group of twinks is taking on 2 & 3 redz at a time and winning now thats some fun skit............</p>

Norrsken
03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><span style="color: #ffff00">i´ll do it : twinked lvl 25 chars with 50+ aa points. wootagé ^^</span></blockquote> And the fun part is, you can get that without the lame suiciding. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Leorange
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><span style="color: #ffff00">i´ll do it : twinked lvl 25 chars with 50+ aa points. wootagé ^^</span></blockquote> And the fun part is, you can get that without the lame suiciding. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p> Yeah? How? <img src="/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>You can tell me..</p>

Norrsken
03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><span style="color: #ffff00">i´ll do it : twinked lvl 25 chars with 50+ aa points. wootagé ^^</span></blockquote> And the fun part is, you can get that without the lame suiciding. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p> Yeah? How? <img src="/smilies/385970365b8ed7503b4294502a458efa.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>You can tell me..</p></blockquote> do the right quests. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Gaining AAs with debt doesnt really boost your AA/XP ratio very. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Quite a fun urban legend. and then you can suicide for a quest turn in to not gain any XP at all, but AA. Thats a bit ont he lame side too. That is, if you are dead when you finish a quest, you get no XP, but you get aa. And then you can persuade a buddy to run you thru high lvl dungeouns with you in his group, and kill nameds that con to him. You will get AA even yough you are too low to get credit.

Magnis
03-08-2007, 12:12 PM
<p>Heres a question for you guys,</p><p>If I get my Smite Evil at late 20, which does about 500 damage, does the damage increase as I level? So at 70 will it do 2000? as some have posted or will it still be 500??</p>

Norrsken
03-08-2007, 12:28 PM
<cite>Sanser wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Heres a question for you guys,</p><p>If I get my Smite Evil at late 20, which does about 500 damage, does the damage increase as I level? So at 70 will it do 2000? as some have posted or will it still be 500??</p></blockquote> It will scale up as you level.

Fearborn
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
<p>As far as I can see, the suiciding helps.  I have tried quest turn-ins with zero debt and 50% debt with same lvl toons and indeed seen more xp gained without debt.  From this perspective, when things are generally giving you bigger percentage returns (T1+T2) xp debting seems like a decent solution.  Some people don't have raid buddies to run them through high lvl dungeons, and some do and will xp debt and get all nameds for the double benefit.</p><p>This guy who is just coming back after a long time complaining about twinking seems a little strange though, especially on a server where the primary focus is to have better equivalent level gear and skills than your opponent.  Twinking is just the gaining of optimal gear and skills, simple.  I have some guys that are just in T2 and T3 mastercrafted with home-made adornments and AdIII spells, and still you get the chance to drop the fully mastered/fabled nightmare horse riding twinks when the opportunities are right, so its not all bad.</p>

tass
03-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I tryed it as well. I gathered up the gnoll totems got the last 1 ran to the guard wacked myself examined the last totem and BAM 60% aa baby. Hey someone should compile a list of all quests that this works with. I know it works for all language and l&l quests and others? Might as well cram as much aa as humanly possible before a month passes and devs get smart to change it. Or at least enough people [Removed for Content] about it.

Mighty Melvor
03-08-2007, 06:44 PM
<cite>tass wrote:</cite><blockquote>I tryed it as well. I gathered up the gnoll totems got the last 1 ran to the guard wacked myself examined the last totem and BAM 60% aa baby. Hey someone should compile a list of all quests that this works with. I know it works for all language and l&l quests and others? Might as well cram as much aa as humanly possible before a month passes and devs get smart to change it. Or at least enough people [I cannot control my vocabulary] about it. </blockquote><p>This works on any 'drop' quests, where you have to examine the item each time to get an update.</p><p>It also works will the books you can buy from the city sage.  The History books are especially easy AA.  Doesn't work for catalogs though, for obvious reasons. </p>

Norrsken
03-09-2007, 04:16 AM
<cite>Fearborn wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>As far as I can see, the suiciding helps.  I have tried quest turn-ins with zero debt and 50% debt with same lvl toons and indeed seen more xp gained without debt.  From this perspective, when things are generally giving you bigger percentage returns (T1+T2) xp debting seems like a decent solution.  Some people don't have raid buddies to run them through high lvl dungeons, and some do and will xp debt and get all nameds for the double benefit.</p><p>This guy who is just coming back after a long time complaining about twinking seems a little strange though, especially on a server where the primary focus is to have better equivalent level gear and skills than your opponent.  Twinking is just the gaining of optimal gear and skills, simple.  I have some guys that are just in T2 and T3 mastercrafted with home-made adornments and AdIII spells, and still you get the chance to drop the fully mastered/fabled nightmare horse riding twinks when the opportunities are right, so its not all bad.</p></blockquote> We actually had one person grind aas with debt and one without in ShadowLords, twice. Both times they both came out with very similar AAs, and the difference in AAs can even be explained in doing different quests, so I really dont think it makes a huge difference. What we saw at 30 aas was that one had 1 aa more. And that was the guy debting. Sure, you get less exp, but it seems you also get less aa. Which we also noticed. One guy did his two toons discovery runs, one with debt, and one without. The one without did a lot less discoveries, but ended with the same lvl and aas (Actually had 1 or 2 more aas). So, all you are doing is setting yourself up to take longer to lvl and aa up. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Not to mention the half hour of suiciding. Nah, just get one of the L&L or similar quests, suicide and finish it. Guaranteed AA increase. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />