PDA

View Full Version : i dont get it. bad luck with pvp


Sluggo
03-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I have been in pvp for a month now, had a friend give me some money. I am a lvl 25 ranger. i have all pristine steel armor and a few fabled pieces. Pristine imbued weapons. I use poison, i use adornments on every available slot. Adornment procs on my weapons. I even level locked for a while and i have 15 AA points now. I straf when i fight, i go to the rear to use my special abilities whenever i can. All of my weapon skills are maxed. What i dont get,, i have been in over 40 pvp fights and i have not won 1. I look at the screen, i do a boatload of damage, but i die so quick and it always looks like i do pretty much no damage to my opponent. Last night i fought a green And i was dead before i could remove 1 bubble of my opponents life. what the heck lol, i figured having pretty much the best armor and weaps for my lvl with lots off AA would at least let me come close to winning

CresentBlade
03-06-2007, 10:43 AM
<cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>I have been in pvp for a month now, had a friend give me some money. I am a lvl 25 ranger. i have all pristine steel armor and a few fabled pieces. Pristine imbued weapons. I use poison, i use adornments on every available slot. Adornment procs on my weapons. I even level locked for a while and i have 15 AA points now. I straf when i fight, i go to the rear to use my special abilities whenever i can. All of my weapon skills are maxed. What i dont get,, i have been in over 40 pvp fights and i have not won 1. I look at the screen, i do a boatload of damage, but i die so quick and it always looks like i do pretty much no damage to my opponent. Last night i fought a green And i was dead before i could remove 1 bubble of my opponents life. what the heck lol, i figured having pretty much the best armor and weaps for my lvl with lots off AA would at least let me come close to winning </blockquote>Are you fighting ranged? DO NOT MELEE..stay ranged you do a ton of damaged, range and shouldnt really have to much of a problem..if you try to melee your gonna get beat down hard. You could have the best gear in the game but if you dont know your class and or dont play your class correctly you will do poorly<img src="/smilies/e8a506dc4ad763aca51bec4ca7dc8560.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

artophwar
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
<p>are all of your spells atleast adept 1?</p><p>also note that there are several hundred lvl lockers around your lvl that have been there and have all master 1s for quite some time now.</p>

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I go ranged as often as i can. I snare them and run back, or i use cheap shot and run behind them and do back shots and such. Any other decent ways to be able to use range and not have them up in my face? oh yea, and all my skills are master incase anybody asks

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
sorry bout that lol. was replying as you were replying,, yes all skills are master, my resists are around 500 a piece. That was about as high as i could get them while keeping all stats even.

Bozidar
03-06-2007, 10:48 AM
<p>ok, so you're MC at the least, but a few fabled.  Your spells are all master I.</p><p>and green's essentially 1-shot you?</p><p>A few questions to try to make sense of this:</p><p>1) Are there like 6 of the greens attacking you at once?</p><p>2) Are you WEARING your armor?</p><p>Assassin/ranger, don't matter.  T3 with MC gear you shouldn't die to anyone without taking a good chunk of health outta them.  Makes zero sense.</p>

CresentBlade
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Perhaps your chosing the wrong targets, cloth casters are our primary targets. We destroy cloth casters if played right. I would suggest avoiding healers but considering how many their are now thats hard to do. We can fair pretty good against other scouts if we can keep the range and fighting tanks just stay away..really far away if they are SK they like to thump on the HT button alot.

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 10:54 AM
yes i am wearing my armor lol. He didnt one shot me, he just attacked me a boatload, he blocked and parried pretty much all of my shots and attacks. He pretty much hit me like 5 times before my poor rnger could swing once. I didnt see anybody else around. It is the same for most ppl anyway...... there is this one shadowknight named kizir that i duel a lot. I never stand a chance. Whenever i get him down a bubble, he uses his siphon abilities and it is over in about 30 secs I use the 40pt vampiric siphon adornment on both of my weaps also, dont seem to help much

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 10:55 AM
eh lol he beats me without HT, every time

CresentBlade
03-06-2007, 10:56 AM
<cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>yes i am wearing my armor lol. He didnt one shot me, he just attacked me a boatload, he blocked and parried pretty much all of my shots and attacks. He pretty much hit me like 5 times before my poor rnger could swing once. I didnt see anybody else around. It is the same for most ppl anyway...... there is this one shadowknight named kizir that i duel a lot. I never stand a chance. Whenever i get him down a bubble, he uses his siphon abilities and it is over in about 30 secs I use the 40pt vampiric siphon adornment on both of my weaps also, dont seem to help much </blockquote>Stay as far away as you can when fighting SKs and try to get them with no mobs around you can beat them pretty easy that way.

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
can your recommend some stay away tactics? I use cheap shot, and snare which they resist half the time. I have the 40% horse, but since i need to back up a lot, should not use it, because it is slow as crap going backwards. Maybe i should just snare them and walk backwards while firing?

Bozidar
03-06-2007, 11:07 AM
<cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>eh lol he beats me without HT, every time </blockquote> You're a ranger.  An sk should beat you while afk..

Bozidar
03-06-2007, 11:08 AM
<cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>can your recommend some stay away tactics? </blockquote>Evac <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

CresentBlade
03-06-2007, 11:11 AM
<cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>can your recommend some stay away tactics? I use cheap shot, and snare which they resist half the time. I have the 40% horse, but since i need to back up a lot, should not use it, because it is slow as crap going backwards. Maybe i should just snare them and walk backwards while firing? </blockquote><p>Mix snare up with lunge if I am not mistaken lunge roots them(if not lunge one of our melee attacks does) and you also have the back shot that slows the target. Then just run circles around them mixing up your movement debuffs. Good to carry heal pots on you too if you can. And make sure you always have poison up and running.</p><p>I try to open up with our AoE bow attack then rush in stun, big back attack, snare and run out unload bow attacks keep slowed and just auto bow to death.</p><p>Sorry if confusing skills dead tired. </p>

Bozidar
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
fyi ; if you put your points into pathfinding you'll be faster than your 40% horse and able to move backwards..

Eluzay
03-06-2007, 11:16 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>eh lol he beats me without HT, every time </blockquote> You're a ranger.  An sk should beat you while afk.. </blockquote>qft everyone seems to hate rangers and healers, but sk's eat rangers and healers for breakfast (no ht needed, save that for the swashy)

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
ok so in a duel, in order to take advantage of my class skills.. i should primarily focus on my pathfinding AA's first?

Norrsken
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
<cite>jseber1982 wrote:</cite><blockquote>ok so in a duel, in order to take advantage of my class skills.. i should primarily focus on my pathfinding AA's first? </blockquote>No. PAthfinding increases your out of combat runspeed. This will be worthl4ess to you once combat is initiated. Especially in a duel (Something you really cant have on the pvp servers. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> )

Sluggo
03-06-2007, 12:58 PM
yea so true. every time i find a white to fight, within 20 secs, 2 more blues jump in and im dead. I guess me winning pvp battles will just come with time and experience. I think that if i could just master some good techniques to keep myself at a distance so i can use my ranged, i will be fine

ShesSoSurreal
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote><p>ok, so you're MC at the least, but a few fabled.  Your spells are all master I.</p><p>and green's essentially 1-shot you?</p><p>A few questions to try to make sense of this:</p><p>1) Are there like 6 of the greens attacking you at once?</p><p><span style="color: #009999">2) Are you WEARING your armor?</span></p><p>Assassin/ranger, don't matter.  T3 with MC gear you shouldn't die to anyone without taking a good chunk of health outta them.  Makes zero sense.</p><p>This made me LOL So hard...</p><p>I never played a ranger but I know I hate them. Very hard class if thye get the jump. Make sure you arent seen. Stalk your opponent and dont let them see you, attack from a distance and never be seen. (Why am I helping a Ranger!? I wish all of them were easy to kill *Sigh*) </p></blockquote>

Greeen-_-Ranger
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I was a pretty successful tier 2 and 3 twink with a ranger:  Pathfinding aa's for sprint, dont bother with pathfinding itself though, just sprint...5 points.  That way when crap hits the fan, you can sprint away at 78% (if a fae) and laugh.  If you dont kill them within 5 to 10 seconds run.  you can't toe to toe with anyone except other scouts, and beware the freakin druids, they are the rangers bane...Damechode....I've not had to much of a problem with sk's...but most of them are idiots that are left in tier 3on vox, all of the great ones levelled, sorry if im excluding anyone, no disrespect intended.

Bozidar
03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
<cite>Greeen-_-Ranger wrote:</cite><blockquote>I was a pretty successful tier 2 and 3 twink with a ranger:  Pathfinding aa's for sprint, dont bother with pathfinding itself though, just sprint...5 points.  That way when crap hits the fan, you can sprint away at 78% (if a fae) and laugh.  If you dont kill them within 5 to 10 seconds run.  you can't toe to toe with anyone except other scouts, and beware the freakin druids, they are the rangers bane...Damechode....I've not had to much of a problem with sk's...but most of them are idiots that are left in tier 3on vox, all of the great ones levelled, sorry if im excluding anyone, no disrespect intended.</blockquote><p>If you kill SKs then the problem isn't with you, it's with them.</p><p>From what i've seen most of them (note: the [Removed for Content] locked at 20th) think HT is the be-all-end-all of being an sk.</p><p>It's not.</p><p>Tanks generally shouldn't lose to a (relatively even conn'd) solo scout of any kind, but especially not rangers and swashies.  You guys are barely a step above a clothy to a tank.</p><p>Ok, you root.. cure potion, not rooted anymore, and now i'm in your space pushing in your face.</p><p>So yeah.. rangers are good at running and killing clothies.  Any other well-played class should beat them (or in a bard/predator's case hold their own) in 1v1 pvp. </p>

dr4gonUK
03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
<p>Ranger fights better on foot.</p><p>With adornments sk's are impossible to melee for rangers. Kite them till your snare gets them, thats what rangers in combat runspeed boost is for. When you have the distance use your debuff before you fire. To fight tanks you must keep them snared, they want melee, you do not.</p>