PDA

View Full Version : LAG skill or bug

Zibeon
02-28-2007, 03:01 AM
<p>Hello</p><p>I play on a german server (Innovation). And now i have a question. The gardener in "The Emerald Halls" have a 30 sec lag. Is that an special skill for the german players or is that on the US. server too?</p><p>I have made a move. look <a href="http://www.myvideo.de/watch/938939" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Here</a></p>

SinIsLaw
02-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Yeah the lag can vary form 5seconds to 30 seconds or more! The lag is cause by the charm and un-charm from the Gardener, it seems the servers are recalculating the stats of the players while charmed, and stops sending packets in DL to all 24 raiders ... AE timers are still running ... so it may be that once the "game resumse" the AE blows up right in ur face ... I do think SoE knows about this lag problem, had an GM watch while doing the event, but it seems it is kept as very low profile. There are many posts out there about the Gardener, and yet I have not seen one where Designer has commented back or if/when a possible correction for this annoyance will be made.

Pins
02-28-2007, 05:43 AM
<cite>SinIsLaw wrote:</cite><blockquote>Yeah the lag can vary form 5seconds to 30 seconds or more! The lag is cause by the charm and un-charm from the Gardener, it seems the servers are recalculating the stats of the players while charmed, and stops sending packets in DL to all 24 raiders ... AE timers are still running ... so it may be that once the "game resumse" the AE blows up right in ur face ... I do think SoE knows about this lag problem, had an GM watch while doing the event, but it seems it is kept as very low profile. There are many posts out there about the Gardener, and yet I have not seen one where Designer has commented back or if/when a possible correction for this annoyance will be made. </blockquote>I'd post where you can see a Developer comment on it, but we can't link to that site.  But here's what he said. <b><i>Aeralik wrote:</i></b> <blockquote>Charm shouldnt update the quest journal. If it does for some odd reason then that needs fixed. Charm forces you to reapply a lot of spells so I believe its a separate issue of getting a lot of their updates. It's on my list of things to look into still. As to delevel I'm working on the quest journal some more. Even with my latest optimizations its still a short lockup but you also have to take into account that all of your personal data is also updating as well as numerous other things. </blockquote>So, they are looking into it. However the issue exists everywhere.  Do not think it is a German server issue, the mob is killable even with the lag.  However, it does suck that the lag is the only difficulty that the mob has.

Pogopuschel
02-28-2007, 06:56 AM
<cite>Pinski wrote:</cite><blockquote>However the issue exists everywhere.  Do not think it is a German server issue, the mob is killable even with the lag.  However, it does suck that the lag is the only difficulty that the mob has. </blockquote> It's on Runnyeye too, you need a good deal of luck atm to kill him. On our 2nd attempt on him we got him to ~20% because noone got charmed = noone got lagged. Quite a nuisance really.