PDA

View Full Version : Was I scammed ???


UlteriorModem
02-27-2007, 01:26 PM
<p>Last night I saw in general chat someone wts a fat grub for a certain price.</p><p>After the usual ridicule and noise settled down I pointed out that it seemed to be a fair price and would have bought it myself but couldent leave what I was doing atm.</p><p>When I finally got back to "town" I had recieved mail. The mail had a fat grub attached with the note "please send money".</p><p>"Wow" I thought to myself "Pretty trusting individual" so.. I sent him money, actually more than he had asked for as a "reward" for being so trustfull.</p><p>I recieved the gift and though "At last ! I can finish this collection" I right click the grub, select the add to collection, and poof ! the grub dissapeared. Gone, vanished, poofed. Not in my bags, not in my inventory, and [Removed for Content] sure not in my collection.</p><p>So... now Im out the money and nothing to show for it.</p><p>I /petitioned it but have recieved no response. Dont get me started on the /petitioin procedure.</p>

Norrsken
02-27-2007, 01:29 PM
<cite>UlteriorModem wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Last night I saw in general chat someone wts a fat grub for a certain price.</p><p>After the usual ridicule and noise settled down I pointed out that it seemed to be a fair price and would have bought it myself but couldent leave what I was doing atm.</p><p>When I finally got back to "town" I had recieved mail. The mail had a fat grub attached with the note "please send money".</p><p>"Wow" I thought to myself "Pretty trusting individual" so.. I sent him money, actually more than he had asked for as a "reward" for being so trustfull.</p><p>I recieved the gift and though "At last ! I can finish this collection" I right click the grub, select the add to collection, and poof ! the grub dissapeared. Gone, vanished, poofed. Not in my bags, not in my inventory, and [I cannot control my vocabulary] sure not in my collection.</p><p>So... now Im out the money and nothing to show for it.</p><p>I /petitioned it but have recieved no response. Dont get me started on the /petitioin procedure.</p></blockquote>Collectibles vanish from your inventory when you add them to collections. And they always did. Check Collections in your journal to see if its there? Otherwise you might wanna put together a petition and file a /bug report about it.

Zagats
02-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Also, if that would have finished your quest, head to the collection person and see if you get a reward for turning in that quest.  Maybe you finished it and just cant find it in your collection journal?

Lord_Quaymar
02-27-2007, 01:40 PM
<cite>UlteriorModem wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Last night I saw in general chat someone wts a fat grub for a certain price.</p><p>After the usual ridicule and noise settled down I pointed out that it seemed to be a fair price and would have bought it myself but couldent leave what I was doing atm.</p><p>When I finally got back to "town" I had recieved mail. The mail had a fat grub attached with the note "please send money".</p><p>"Wow" I thought to myself "Pretty trusting individual" so.. I sent him money, actually more than he had asked for as a "reward" for being so trustfull.</p><p>I recieved the gift and though "At last ! I can finish this collection" I right click the grub, select the add to collection, and poof ! the grub dissapeared. Gone, vanished, poofed. Not in my bags, not in my inventory, and [I cannot control my vocabulary] sure not in my collection.</p><p>So... now Im out the money and nothing to show for it.</p><p>I /petitioned it but have recieved no response. Dont get me started on the /petitioin procedure.</p></blockquote>I had the same thing happen to me and I had a GM appear before me in the game and replace it for me! 

UlteriorModem
02-27-2007, 01:45 PM
<p>The collection is still in my journal and is still missing the "fat grub".</p><p>I /petitioned it and was promised an email reply. I'm not holding my breath though.</p><p>Now I see that it has happened to others as well. Im pretty confident that the seller was NOT scamming me and it was simply a game bug.</p>

Flippant_Fr
02-27-2007, 02:14 PM
<cite>UlteriorModem wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>and [I cannot control my vocabulary] sure not in my collection.</p></blockquote>Totally off topic, but that's [I cannot control my vocabulary either] sure one of the better censorings I've seen on these type of boards.

Sunlei
02-27-2007, 02:15 PM
<p>"I right click the grub, select the add to collection,"</p><p>  Are there 2 collections that take that grub?, perhaps it was added to the other collection. </p><p>I always double click collection items, then the quest book opens with the 'add to' button there. Many times there is more than one collection that takes the same item.</p><p>good luck!</p>

zhiDarkivel
02-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Is one of the grubs used in the lvl 70 collection?

Zagats
02-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Fat grub is also used for the lv 70 collection.

Thicket Tundrabog
02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
As the previous posters have stated, the fat grub is used for two collections. Check the other one.

SteelPiston
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
<p>When you click on a collectable, the collection that it is going into appears in front of you and the +add button next to it. I think it is unlikely that he added to the wrong collection.</p><p>I have had items that I have purchased from peoples homes vanish after I have equipped them. I have also added collectables to a collection, only to find that I still have it and can add it to another collection. All weird game bugs. If they in your favor, I guess they never get reported.  The vanishing items that I have reported have never been returned to me. I hope that you get your Fat Grub back.</p>

Norrsken
02-28-2007, 06:12 AM
<cite>SteelPiston wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>When you click on a collectable, the collection that it is going into appears in front of you and the +add button next to it. I think it is unlikely that he added to the wrong collection.</p><p>I have had items that I have purchased from peoples homes vanish after I have equipped them. I have also added collectables to a collection, only to find that I still have it and can add it to another collection. All weird game bugs. If they in your favor, I guess they never get reported.  The vanishing items that I have reported have never been returned to me. I hope that you get your Fat Grub back.</p></blockquote> The secret to getting items that vanish back is to get a good GM. Some of them actually help out. So, you can always just ask again. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

UlteriorModem
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
<p>Well its definatly vanished.</p><p>The grub collection is still in my journal without the fatty.</p><p>There is no Level 70 collections in my journal.</p><p>I searched all my bags, house vault, even the vendor.</p><p>I /petitioned again but still havent heard anything.</p><p>I checked on the first petition and it says "Status = Wating on customer"</p><p>Waiting for what ?</p>

Jaggid
02-28-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah in a situation like that, there is no way for the seller to "scam" you unless they hacked the server.  Others have no control over your UI other than the trade window.

xOnaton1
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
If you see the grub collection but not the level 70 collection it sounds like you got a different grub in the mail. The fat grub would have popped up in both collections. <a href="http://eq2i.com/articles/Expert_Recognition:_Faydwer_Collections" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2i.com/articles/Expert_Rec...wer_Collections</a> <a href="http://eq2i.com/articles/Greater_Faydark:_Grubs" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2i.com/articles/Greater_Faydark:_Grubs</a> Do you have your log turned on? It would say in your log something like: You receive aITEM -1815660564 -1952732620:oakwood cudgel/a in mail from So and so. Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere

UlteriorModem
02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
[email protected] DLere wrote: <blockquote>If you see the grub collection but not the level 70 collection it sounds like you got a different grub in the mail. The fat grub would have popped up in both collections. <a href="http://eq2i.com/articles/Expert_Recognition:_Faydwer_Collections" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2i.com/articles/Expert_Rec...wer_Collections</a> <a href="http://eq2i.com/articles/Greater_Faydark:_Grubs" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://eq2i.com/articles/Greater_Faydark:_Grubs</a> Do you have your log turned on? It would say in your log something like: You receive aITEM -1815660564 -1952732620:oakwood cudgel/a in mail from So and so. Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere </blockquote><p> It was definatly a fat grub trust me I checked before I sent the money. Besides I already had all other grubs for the GF Grubs and it would have just given me a descriptor box not an option to add to the collection.</p><p>I dont know anything about logs. If there not on by default then it probably isnt on.</p><p>Im still wondering why the /petition is noted as "waiting on customer".</p>

Jaggid
02-28-2007, 12:43 PM
You still need to click the final <b>Add</b> button to get it in your collection.  Unless I was drunk, I would remember that.

Elorah
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
<cite>UlteriorModem wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Well its definatly vanished.</p><p>The grub collection is still in my journal without the fatty.</p><p>There is no Level 70 collections in my journal.</p><p>I searched all my bags, house vault, even the vendor.</p><p>I /petitioned again but still havent heard anything.</p><p>I checked on the first petition and it says "Status = Wating on customer"</p><p>Waiting for what ?</p></blockquote>Ok, the fat grub is used in 2 collections.  The grub collection (lower level) and the expert Recognition collection (lvl 70 I believe).  My hubby got a rare collection item and told me what it was.  I told him to put it in the expert collection if possible.  He did not see it on his journal at all, he had never seen it.  His journal UI custom was old and not updated, so for some strange reason it only gave 1 option for it.  Make sure if you have a custom piece that it is updated. As for the waiting on customer, check your email that is attached to your account.  GM's will respond in email to you.  You should have received an email copy of your first petition as well.  I cant see how you were scammed, either it was placed in a collection, or it is a bug.  Good luck!

Muraha
03-01-2007, 09:44 AM
UlteriorModem wrote: <blockquote><p>I checked on the first petition and it says "Status = Wating on customer"</p><p>Waiting for what ?</p></blockquote> When the status of a petition says "Waiting on Customer" it means that they tried to contact you in game and you were either afk at the time or you did not respond. A full history of the chat conversation is usually included. In my experience, if you post a reply on the petition stating that you are ready for a response you will hear from a GM soon after. I have had nothing but successful experiences of using /petition . You just need to be clear and concise in your explanation of the problem and try and be nice <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

UlteriorModem
03-01-2007, 01:46 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>UlteriorModem wrote: <blockquote><p>I checked on the first petition and it says "Status = Wating on customer"</p><p>Waiting for what ?</p></blockquote> When the status of a petition says "Waiting on Customer" it means that they tried to contact you in game and you were either afk at the time or you did not respond. A full history of the chat conversation is usually included. In my experience, if you post a reply on the petition stating that you are ready for a response you will hear from a GM soon after. I have had nothing but successful experiences of using /petition . You just need to be clear and concise in your explanation of the problem and try and be nice <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p>Hrm I wonder if it is because I have my /anon and /rp tags on to avoid spam.</p><p>However the /petitions does state specifically that I would be contacted by email. In fact a "confirmation" email was sent to me to verify the validity of my email address to which I responded.</p><p>I recieved no further emails. I was contacted last night by a "guide" who did what he could to help me but the issue is still un-resolved. </p>

UlteriorModem
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
<p>An update on the saga..</p><p>I got an in game mail from the player whom sold me the grub tonight saying thank you for the cash.</p><p>I mailed them back and told them about how the grub poofed.</p><p>They were extremly gracious and replaced the grub !!! At their expense !!</p><p>I /petitioned and asked that the player be re-imbursed for their loss <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>Sooooo case is closed.</p><p>I know yall dont really care but just thought Id bring some closure to this saga.</p><p>Toodles.</p>

metacell
03-02-2007, 09:09 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>yeah in a situation like that, there is no way for the seller to "scam" you unless they hacked the server.  Others have no control over your UI other than the trade window.</blockquote>Well, theoretically, I guess there could be a bug that allowed the image of a grub to appear in a mail, even though no real grub is being sent. A little like when you link an item in the chat window by typing in a code, even though you don't have the item on you.

Leafbringer
03-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Check the broker, I think we have fat grubs on Unrest server going for like 50 copper.  This could be a non-issue.

UlteriorModem
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
<p>The issue is that it already happend regardless wether or not another one was available on the broker.</p><p>The other player tried to help me, and I attempted to reciprocate.</p><p>The other player got their money... I got a mystery.</p><p>But if you read a few posts up there the player replaced the bug AT THEIR COST so now they are out some money. I petitioned to try to get the other player reinbursed. Thats the end of it.</p><p>Oh well it really is a non issue now lets just let this thread die thanks.</p>