PDA

View Full Version : PVP - L70's Grouping with L40's


DarkWallker
02-27-2007, 09:40 AM
<p>Hi Everyone</p><p>I was wondering first if anyone agrees with my gripe and if you do where I can notify EQ2 about it so it can be changed</p><p>Let me explain. I was a L48 Pally. I attacked a L47 FP who looked like he was on his own even though he was in a group. The only other FP, were the 3 L70's hanging about in the area aswell</p><p>I engaged the L47 FP and 10 seconds later had 3 L70's hitting me - As you can imagine I didnt last long and was extremely annoyed that because this L47 was in a group with L70's it meant they could bypass PVP range of 8 and attack me</p><p>Does anyone agree that should not be allowed. It fair enough if the group he is with are in the correct PVP range to attack me but 22 levels higher than me is a joke.</p><p>I really feel PVP range shoud apply even if you are grouped with higher levels.</p><p>Please can someone indicate where the best place to put my complaint to EQ2 is</p><p>Thanks for listening</p><p>Ravenhawk - Darathur - L49 Pally</p>

Rattfa
02-27-2007, 10:05 AM
1. This should be posted on the PvP forum really, as the natives will get restless and start a PvP vs PvE dramafest. 2. If you see a player that cons to you then there are 2 things you should look for. If he has a heroic tag, then he is grouped with another player. If he had a heroic tag AND he doesnt have a red outline on his name then he is either immune (just rezzed?) or he is grouped with someone higher then your level range. Common sense tells you that you shouldnt attack. 3. If I play at a less busy time and want to get a HQ finished or something, then ill get a high level guildmate to mentor me. We group up, and head to the target. What the big deal? Because of point 2 everyone knows im grouped with a higher level. If I get attacked, it's their own stupid fault tbh

Norrsken
02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>1. This should be posted on the PvP forum really, as the natives will get restless and start a PvP vs PvE dramafest. 2. If you see a player that cons to you then there are 2 things you should look for. If he has a heroic tag, then he is grouped with another player. If he had a heroic tag AND he doesnt have a red outline on his name then he is either immune (just rezzed?) or he is grouped with someone higher then your level range. Common sense tells you that you shouldnt attack. 3. If I play at a less busy time and want to get a HQ finished or something, then ill get a high level guildmate to mentor me. We group up, and head to the target. What the big deal? Because of point 2 everyone knows im grouped with a higher level. If I get attacked, it's their own stupid fault tbh </blockquote><p>Addendum;</p><p>If he has an up arrow over his name, he has someone in his group that cannot hit you because of level ranges. Dont hit these guys unless you know that you can handle him and his buddies. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p>

Eluzay
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
<cite>DarkWallker wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Hi Everyone</p><p>I was wondering first if anyone agrees with my gripe and if you do where I can notify EQ2 about it so it can be changed</p><p>Let me explain. I was a L48 Pally. I attacked a L47 FP who looked like he was on his own even though he was in a group. The only other FP, were the 3 L70's hanging about in the area aswell</p><p>I engaged the L47 FP and 10 seconds later had 3 L70's hitting me - As you can imagine I didnt last long and was extremely annoyed that because this L47 was in a group with L70's it meant they could bypass PVP range of 8 and attack me</p><p>Does anyone agree that should not be allowed. It fair enough if the group he is with are in the correct PVP range to attack me but 22 levels higher than me is a joke.</p><p>I really feel PVP range shoud apply even if you are grouped with higher levels.</p><p>Please can someone indicate where the best place to put my complaint to EQ2 is</p><p>Thanks for listening</p><p>Ravenhawk - Darathur - L49 Pally</p></blockquote>you got pwned

Myrdred
03-09-2007, 12:33 AM
<cite>DarkWallker wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Hi Everyone</p><p>I was wondering first if anyone agrees with my gripe and if you do where I can notify EQ2 about it so it can be changed</p></blockquote> There's nothing you can do about changing this aspect of the game, because this is one instance where the game is working as intended. It's also highly unlikely you'll ever be able to effect a change like this, even if a lot of people on the board here agreed with you, which they won't. If you attack someone who is grouped with higher level players who are mentoring him, then you're dead. PVP is incredibly unfair, and that's another thing that was intended. You'll get used to it, it just requires you to learn some painful lessons. But fortunately death doesn't incur a lot of a penalty in this game.

azekah
03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
[email protected] wrote: <blockquote>1. This should be posted on the PvP forum really, as the natives will get restless and start a PvP vs PvE dramafest. </blockquote>PvP ruins the game....I hate PvP server... Why don't they let us PvE servers alone and stop nerfing us because of stupid PvP servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <img src="/smilies/69934afc394145350659cd7add244ca9.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> All your toons are belong to us!

Simera
03-09-2007, 01:07 PM
<cite>Myrdred wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>DarkWallker wrote:</cite><blockquote> If you attack someone who is grouped with higher level players who are mentoring him, then you're dead. PVP is incredibly unfair, and that's another thing that was intended. You'll get used to it, it just requires you to learn some painful lessons. </blockquote></blockquote><p> I just want to correct what you say here..so no one misunderstands. If you attack someone who is grouped with higher level players 'who are mentoring him'...chances are you will own a buncha higher level players..because anytime you are mentored to someone you are unable to defend yourself in pvp. A player who is mentoring someone is essentially..a free kill. </p>

Raphae
03-18-2007, 08:48 PM
<cite>DarkWallker wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Hi Everyone</p><p>I was wondering first if anyone agrees with my gripe and if you do where I can notify EQ2 about it so it can be changed</p><p>Let me explain. I was a L48 Pally. I attacked a L47 FP who looked like he was on his own even though he was in a group. The only other FP, were the 3 L70's hanging about in the area aswell</p><p>I engaged the L47 FP and 10 seconds later had 3 L70's hitting me - As you can imagine I didnt last long and was extremely annoyed that because this L47 was in a group with L70's it meant they could bypass PVP range of 8 and attack me</p><p>Does anyone agree that should not be allowed. It fair enough if the group he is with are in the correct PVP range to attack me but 22 levels higher than me is a joke.</p><p>I really feel PVP range shoud apply even if you are grouped with higher levels.</p><p>Please can someone indicate where the best place to put my complaint to EQ2 is</p><p>Thanks for listening</p><p>Ravenhawk - Darathur - L49 Pally</p></blockquote>Strange, I thought if you targeted a npc or player in a group all the members of the encounter show arrows over there heads.

Misiakpisiak
03-19-2007, 07:41 AM
One question, six different answers. Cool! <img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

hansomepete
04-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Might have been said before but your playing on a PVP server. It's your fault for thinking you could pick off someone when he had friends waiting for you. Classic stragedy on their part. The lone scout on patrol, or bait to draw you in for the kill? you my friend fell into the trap and was owned. You play on PVP, you got jacked, end of story.

tass
04-13-2007, 03:49 PM
ya even if that [Removed for Content] has the invite screen window open when he begins to hit you its still ur dam fault. When that [Removed for Content] warps away faster than a fury can chase after with pact of the pansy its still ur dam fault. I really wish theyd make a vanguard type ffa pvp over here so I wouldnt have to go over there.

yohann koldheart
04-13-2007, 07:01 PM
reporting them will do no good, its all YOUR fault. if a 47 is grouped with a 70 there will be a ^ above or below his name depending on what ui your useing. the 47 cant attack you if he is grouped with a 70. the game mechanics are fine you just need to pay attention or dont play on a pvp server.

tass
04-13-2007, 09:37 PM
yep the only way to get back at them is to go on google and get speed and server freeze hacks to kill of entire grps while they haven't a clue whats going on. Welcome to eq2 pvp where if u aint got the best stuff as well as the best hacks, and ur equipable lv 70 backpack bunch ur [Removed for Content].

Novusod
04-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I have come across a new exploit with T7s grouping with lowbies. The lowbie will drop group and then gets sent a new invite window. The lowbie can then suicide attack and as soon as he dies if he clicks the group invite window he will pull his attackers into combat with his T7 friend. Now I think that is just crap epecially since it looked like the guy who doing this was boxing both toons.