PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Confused by the Server Downtime Announcements?


nimrodblack_EQ2
02-26-2007, 06:21 PM
<p>Grim has scheduled downtime for both Wed and Thursday Mornings PST?</p><p>Is this correct?</p>

Elorah
02-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Yes, it seems to be so.  On Wednesday is GU 32 patch and Thursday is database maintenance.... What is confusing?  That is not meant to sound mean...  just wondering if I may be missing something...lol

sah
02-26-2007, 06:37 PM
it says that wednesday is for game update 32 and thursday is for some database stuff...I personally prefer 2 short downtimes that occur while I'm sleeping rather than a 6+ hour one that would likely interrupt mah play time hehehe <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

nimrodblack_EQ2
02-26-2007, 06:44 PM
<p>I guess i was just being simple minded.   Something seemed out of place with the two downtimes being only about 24hrs apart.</p><p>Nevermind chalk it up to insanity</p>

Eriol
02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
[email protected] DLere wrote: <blockquote><p>Nevermind chalk it up to insanity</p></blockquote> I'm sure you can go through life pretty interestingly by ascribing that to many actions!  <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Grimwell
02-26-2007, 08:13 PM
The Thursday downtime is unrelated to GU32. That's why they are not happening at once. Far better to have short downloads, and less changes happening at the same time. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Sebastien
02-26-2007, 09:13 PM
There you go confusing everyone again Grim.. never send a robotic zombie with anime-naval-captain-avatar to do a human's job.

EvilIguana9
02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I'm not confused.  Database maintenance or not, there are ALWAYS hotfixes the day after a big patch.  Actually announcing that inevitable downtime is new but not unwelcome. 

bensilvi
02-27-2007, 01:14 AM
You cant win either way Grim. They complain with no announcement then get confused when there is an announcement.

Thunderthyze
02-27-2007, 10:28 AM
<cite>sahet wrote:</cite><blockquote>it says that wednesday is for game update 32 and thursday is for some database stuff...I personally prefer 2 short downtimes that occur while I'm sleeping rather than a 6+ hour one that would likely interrupt mah play time hehehe <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></blockquote><p> Pfft! Shame that the downtime is mid afternoon for the Euro servers then! It's a pity that SOE never got around to acknowledging that there are 24 time zones in the world.</p><p>Anyway, rearrange the following words... Dead Flogging Horse A.</p><p>In other news.... can anyone tell me why, if you read the following words, you end up sounding like a bemused Irishman?</p><p>Whale Oil Beef Hooked</p><p><img src="/smilies/908627bbe5e9f6a080977db8c365caff.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>

nimrodblack_EQ2
02-27-2007, 12:13 PM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote>You cant win either way Grim. They complain with no announcement then get confused when there is an announcement.</blockquote><p> I was confused.  I asked.  It got answered. No need to spray napalm death on me as I fall helplessly off the cloud transport device.  Sheesh...</p>

surolan
02-27-2007, 01:43 PM
<p>Ok now I am confused...</p><p>We European players get the game updates a day later than the USA, which means that GU32 will hit us on Thursday....which is also when the downtime is scheduled...which is two downtimes in one day? Isn't that what Grim said he wanted to avoid?!</p>

TheBu
02-27-2007, 03:12 PM
<cite>surolan wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Ok now I am confused...</p><p>We European players get the game updates a day later than the USA, which means that GU32 will hit us on Thursday....which is also when the downtime is scheduled...which is two downtimes in one day? Isn't that what Grim said he wanted to avoid?!</p></blockquote><p>LOL</p><p>or purhaps while the Live servers are down they are doing database maintance on the attached storage... </p>

Maroger
02-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Why isn't the GU32 updated posted on the server status page? I always look there before I check annoucements. I am sure a lot of people do the same.