PDA

View Full Version : Removal Carts

antstar
02-25-2007, 07:46 AM
<p>If you are a carpenter or an adventurer who has many relics from his/her adventures. Ever notice how difficult it is to move the stuff from one house to another?. You have no inventory space, so you get some friends to help but they cant pick half the stuff up so allot of items get left behind or you cancel moving to a new house. (I think this is a big reason people never leave there inn rooms lol)</p><p><b>Possible Solution</b></p><p>Removal Carts : Basically you could hire a removal cart and dump all your stuff in there, at a cost of 10 silver per item (if same city) 50 silver an item if a different city. (Payment made on arrival at new house). You access the cart from the door of your old house like a bank slot with a large amount of slots in it full of boxes. And then Access it from your new house as if it was a vendor when every item is 10/50 silver each.</p><p>For security only the person who hired the cart can access it and they can only access it from the door of there new house that belongs to them, that will stop trading of no drop items between characters.</p><p>Tell us what you think community and developers, it is an idea I have had in my head for ages, I have submitted it via feedback but I don't think anyone is on the other end on none test servers, correct me if i am wrong though. </p>

bensilvi
02-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Collect all your items and place them in the house vault as that transfers from house to house. Easy 123.

Mareth
02-25-2007, 11:55 AM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote>Collect all your items and place them in the house vault as that transfers from house to house. Easy 123.</blockquote>There's not room for all that many items in the house vault, not to mention that I've heard quite a lot of conflicting reports on that. Some say all 6 transferred, some say only the 2 first, etc. Still, even 6 slots wouldn't be large enough. As it is, moving house is needlessly complicated.

Iseabeil
02-25-2007, 01:05 PM
<p>If you have a big house thats fully furnished, you will likely sit with over 500 items to move. There is no way to fit that in any vault, and usually only solution is using newbie inns for alts to store all in, wich is hard if you are using all characters on the account actively.</p><p>That said, there has been so many proposals from the community on ways to make it easier that I wouldnt be able to recall all, and thus far there has never been any response on the issue, nor many of the other house related issues. Its understandable that it isnt a high priority fix, but the years do tick by with no change.</p>

Adrinanna
02-25-2007, 01:46 PM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote>Collect all your items and place them in the house vault as that transfers from house to house. Easy 123.</blockquote><p> When you give up your old house, don't you lose everything you leave in the vault as well? </p><p>I think a removal cart is a great idea. The last time I moved from a 3room to 5 room, I used 6 alts to do it! (This was before t7 boxes and such). It was quite a pain!</p>

Maroger
02-25-2007, 01:58 PM
<p>I too would like to see development make it easier to move from one residence to another. Don't forget that if you are selling you have the PITA of having all the items come out of the salesman's crates which just adds to the stuff you have to move.</p><p>All in all I would like to see development do something about this -- moving cart, moving van pulled by horses, magic mover etc. </p>

DrkVsr
02-26-2007, 09:10 AM
<span style="font-size: small; color: #993300; font-family: comic sans ms,sand">One thing that could help with the whole 'moving' problem: just let us upgrade our apartments. You will pay the same (or maybe a small discount) as if you actually moved into a bigger apartment but you don't move</span>

DasUberFuzzy
02-26-2007, 11:56 AM
the vault is not lost when moving. much how your stuff is not actually at the banker you dropped it at. you can also goto an another house and if you have enough permission to use the broker board there, you can access YOUR vault slots. some more moving tips... -remember furnishings dont attune, so just drop them into the normal broker slots, that a good chunk of space people over look often. -consider liquidating older furnishings for cash, theres usually someone willing to buy it. -while not the best idea for everyday use, there are 32 slot strongboxes (the 100stone ones) that are usualy only a couple gold, couple of them can go ALONG way to fixing space issues. (8 banker+ 4 shared+6 pocket +(2->?) vault) x 32 slots == more then enough space to move your self, although it'll probably take alot of shifting of stuff, esp if you are a pack rat, good thing you dont move often.

Amitee
02-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I remember my move from the 3 room to the 5 room was a big, big hassle.   I swear, moving in EQ2 is like moving in RL, minus the physical part.  Personally, I think the easiest way to solve the moving experience is to allow the character that owns the house to buy the next house, then give us a certain amount of days to move.   Ala  UO  style of moving -  you could buy another house while owning a house, but you were given 7 days to move out of the old house before it "decayed", thus giving you ample time to "build" another house on the new lot and move all your belongings over.

kryysa2
02-26-2007, 02:20 PM
<p> I agree we do need an easier way to move. i've given up on the idea of moving because of all the stuff i have. I do need a place with more vault slots .. right now i'm in a 2-room suite and the vaults are full and the house is full.</p><p> A moving cart or something would be nice.. or maybe have it so we can pick up all our house contents and vault contents w/o the problem of not being able to carry it all.</p><p> I also like the idea of being allowed some moving time between houses like in UO. allowing us a few days to get it all done before the old apartment is nolonger ours.That would help a whole lot.</p>

Jai1
02-26-2007, 02:35 PM
<p>I'd like a moving service.  I don't really want to do item management at all.  Just move in and start decorating.</p>