PDA

View Full Version : Ending the Plat Sellers?

Ama
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
<p>Looks like these guys are picking up steam like something big is happening.  Got spammed 4 times last night and received 4 mails saying go to X site with discount code to receive good plat.  </p><p>Devs can you please make it so no tells can be sent from Queen's Colony or The Overlord's Outpost unless you have a person on your friends list? Force these plat sellers out into the world where the general populous hates them.  The main reason these cowards hide on the newbie islands is due to the fact they feel somekind of immunity.  </p><p>Another suggestion is can you make a kind of "Tell" system in our player option area.  We can customize it saying who we want to receive tells from "Specific Guilds, Friends, and in Game Players".  Make it so it's uncomfortable and tedious for these plat selling pieces of garbage to send us tells.  With a simple system where I can add in friends I want to receive tells from plat sellers will find it increasingly difficult to advertise.  Plat sellers will be forced into the open where if they constantly spam "BUY PLAT" in OOC or Shout they will take a beating.  They will be forced into the open where they are vulnerable and where it is uncomfortable.   </p><p>Also can you put in a filtering system that contains specific words? Day after day I see the same exact message which makes these things (Plat Sellers) creatures of habit.  Make it so if a player reports a person and if that text contains a message for selling plat from a website add it into a database.  If that message is sent to another player it doesn't go through and the offending player is reported.  That case is then reviewed, investigated and what not by the CSR team.  </p>

Pins
02-23-2007, 04:11 PM
So, basically you want plat sellers to have to hail a guy to start sending tells.  Yah, that's going to slow them down.There is no way to end the plat sellers, other than to ban plat buyers.  I've said this often, and I'll say it again.  If there is nobody who wants to buy, then there will be nobody who wants to sell.Restricting tells ends up an annoyance factor.  It is not good for a game to restrict tells except through an ignore feature.  And having certain tells not go through due to certain "signals" in them won't work either.  It's not that hard to change the tell so that it does go through, and continue to keep shaping it, and then you end up with getting a lot more blocked than should be blocked.

StrollingWolf
02-23-2007, 04:17 PM
<p>Seriously, please read the other topics in a board before starting a new one on the same topic. I've locked a few of these topics already and pointed people to this one to join in the discussion:</p><p>http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=348296</p>