PDA

View Full Version : Info on Plat sellers

Maroger
02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
<p>Ok all these guys(our favorite spammers) have different web sites -- but if you do a little more digging, even the ones that claim a US address, all tie back to the same Xiin Net Technology Co. in Guandong, China. </p><p>So they are flying under a false flag -- and it costs very little to open these websites and claim US registry by just sticking a Chinese in charge. If you will notice even the ones registered in the US with a US PO BOx number have a Chinese person in actual charage of the operation ( be dollars to donuts it is someone using a visitor visa's to run the web site).</p><p>There should be lots of ground to investigate and put these people out of business. </p>

bensilvi
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
<p>Of course! Its so easy going in to China to close up Sweat Shops or Piracy rings. There are so many illegal things that come from that country already and you think the Chinese Government is going to assist SOE??? LOL! They dont help any other industry who has a lot more riding on illegal activites other than SOE. They are only breaking SOE laws anyway nothing else. Were as there are a lot of people/companies breaking international law on Piracy and they are still operating. Nothing can shut them down, nothing.</p>

Malchore
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
<p>What needs to be "investigated", exactly?  There's nothing illegal about what those plat sellers are doing.</p>

interstellarmatter
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
<p>The problem is with the laws.  None of the MMO companies really know if going after the sellers would be effective.  Most aren't willing to invest the truck loads of a money to the lawyers to try it out.  </p><p>Even Vanguard, who has a very hard stance against sellers isn't trying to go after the individual companies.  They are sticking to hard stances of banning within the game.  </p><p>Who knows, maybe someone will come up with an effective way to dealing with them.  More than likely, they will be like those darn telemarkers who just won't stop calling me no matter what no-call list my phone is listed.</p>

Jaggid
02-22-2007, 03:58 PM
<p>It isn't criminal, so the government isn't gonna do anything.</p><p>Just because they have a P.O. box here does't mean anything is run from here.  You can run a website from space if you had the internet connection.</p><p>The only thing SOE can really do is cancel accounts for suspect gold farmers, but since they really don't do that, I suspect they are getting kick backs...imo.</p><p>Corperations about money, they do not care how you feel.</p>

bensilvi
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
<cite>Jaggid wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It isn't criminal, so the government isn't gonna do anything.</p><p>Just because they have a P.O. box here does't mean anything is run from here.  You can run a website from space if you had the internet connection.</p><p>The only thing SOE can really do is cancel accounts for suspect gold farmers, but since they really don't do that, I suspect they are getting kick backs...imo.</p><p>Corperations about money, they do not care how you feel.</p></blockquote> While I dont know about kickbacks but what would stop them from owning one of those companies? I do not intend to spread that rumor but no one will ever convince me that the Viruses that come out arent created by Anti-Virus companies.

hansomepete
02-22-2007, 04:26 PM
<p>Seriously???? someone has way too much time on their hands don't they.  </p>

stgninja
02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
<p>As long as people keep <i>buying</i> the plat from these farmers they'll never go out of business tbh.</p>

Saihung23
02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Jaggid wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It isn't criminal, so the government isn't gonna do anything.</p><p>Just because they have a P.O. box here does't mean anything is run from here.  You can run a website from space if you had the internet connection.</p><p>The only thing SOE can really do is cancel accounts for suspect gold farmers, but since they really don't do that, I suspect they are getting kick backs...imo.</p><p>Corperations about money, they do not care how you feel.</p></blockquote> While I dont know about kickbacks but what would stop them from owning one of those companies? I do not intend to spread that rumor but no one will ever convince me that the Viruses that come out arent created by Anti-Virus companies.</blockquote><p>Eff the plat sellers.</p><p>I find what you say about the viruses being created by the anti-virus companies very ironic Ben.</p><p>How is believing that any different than the posters who suggest that SOE sells the plat?</p><p>Personally I find both theories to be a little on the paranoid side, but I can't prove nor disprove them....</p><p>Anyway, just thought I would point to a little bit of irony in your post.  </p><p>Eff the plat buyers. </p>

Femke
02-22-2007, 05:42 PM
<cite>Saihung23 wrote:</cite><blockquote>bensilvi wrote: <p>Personally I find both theories to be a little on the paranoid side, but I can't prove nor disprove them....  </p></blockquote> I agree there. I am coming from Lineage II. You call farmers and alike a problem here, then try Lineage II for some time and you will feel very relaxed here on that subject again... Anyway, NCSoft (the company behind Lineage II) was often accused of being on one hand with the farmers. Why does it not suprise me to read here the same... Concerning the virus-remark... I told that to someone who is very well at home in that area. I heard a heartly laughter. Femke.

Jai1
02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
<p><i>Lauder wrote:</i></p><div align="center">Corperations about money, they do not care how you feel.<hr />While it's true that most business entities care about money, I'm not sure if you can say SoE doesn't care how you feel.  I really believe they want you to have fun playing their games.  I imagine it's a little harder to stop farming than you think.  Websites? can be remade. IPs? new one's can be obtained. Character bans?  You can get the base game cheap so I imagine they just buy new accounts.  Filter chat?  It would be more overhead but I imagine there's many ways to alter what you're saying and still get your point across.  I will note that SoE recetly banned 50k or soaccounts.  Not sure what they were doing.</div>

Jaggid
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Jaggid wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>It isn't criminal, so the government isn't gonna do anything.</p><p>Just because they have a P.O. box here does't mean anything is run from here.  You can run a website from space if you had the internet connection.</p><p>The only thing SOE can really do is cancel accounts for suspect gold farmers, but since they really don't do that, I suspect they are getting kick backs...imo.</p><p>Corperations about money, they do not care how you feel.</p></blockquote> While I dont know about kickbacks but what would stop them from owning one of those companies? I do not intend to spread that rumor but no one will ever convince me that the Viruses that come out arent created by Anti-Virus companies.</blockquote><p>LOL I know what you mean about Anti-Virus companys, but I have a very good understanding how they get fixes so quickly.</p><p>We had a virus on one of our domains, band new virus that had never been seen before or a variant.  The virus was isolated and send to said virus company, who in turn figured out what it was doing and how to clean it, sent us the first patch to fix and it got cleaned.</p><p>So the reason virus companys can get fixs out so fast, is because they are report, fixed and when others report it, the fix is in place.</p><p>We use to joke they wrote the viruses too. </p>

tass
02-22-2007, 06:14 PM
The update on plat sellers is that they'll never be gone. Wheather soe cares or if its some extra income doesnt matter. They'll always be there buying quick ways into the game to spam u with 9 to 12 messages a day to get they're money back. Thats just the way it is. It could be stopped easily enough but whatever.

Maroger
02-22-2007, 06:22 PM
<cite>tass wrote:</cite><blockquote>The update on plat sellers is that they'll never be gone. Wheather soe cares or if its some extra income doesnt matter. They'll always be there buying quick ways into the game to spam u with 9 to 12 messages a day to get they're money back. Thats just the way it is. It could be stopped easily enough but whatever. </blockquote><p>The biggest plat seller, who I think own Allkhazam, you never get spam from them. You just get it from these flyby night companies from Guandong, China, all under just web sites owned by Xin Net. These are the ones that send spam messages and E-MAIL.</p><p>I suspect the pseudo-players spamming up don't even speak English. They probably have a macron on a key that selects a name, plugs it into the spam message and fires it off.?</p><p>Anyone ever message them back and get a readible reply? </p>

Nastharl
02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Whats hillarious is that people dont even know how virus's work. The time that a virus comp learns about a virus is WAY WAY earlier than the time the vulnerability the virus exploits is announced. Anti-Virus companies do very little really, most of the work to stop viruses is done by MS/Software devs. All AV companies do is delete files known to be viruses. They dont stop their execution, and it doesn't provide any legitamate "protection" from a virus because half of them will execute before protection can do anything. ON TOP of all of that, most modern security breaches are a result of phishing and dedicated hacks with AV does nothing to.

StrollingWolf
02-22-2007, 07:40 PM
<p>I believe there's already a thread on this subject.</p><p><a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=348296" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=348296</a></p><p>Please try not to start threads on topics already being discussed.</p>