PDA

View Full Version : Returning with questions

RpTheHotrod
02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
<p>Well, I'm getting internet up and running again soon, along with a new computer. That means quality graphics instead of performance graphics, now!</p><p>I left during the very beginning of the EoF beta testing.</p><p>What exactly has changed, and how?</p><p>1. How do the new achievements work (a link to see what they are)? I understand that with EoF, you can get up to 100 AA instead of 50. Are there NEW AAs, though?</p><p>2. How do cloaks work, and how do you get them?</p><p>3. Any significant PvP changes?</p><p>4. Concerning EoF, what is around? I know Kelethin is there (I did the trial). Is Felwithe still around? What is the main storyline surrounding EoF?</p><p>5. Any new news about Kerafyrm?</p><p>6. How does the new deity system work?</p>

Sotaudi
02-21-2007, 10:36 PM
<cite>RpTheHotrod wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Well, I'm getting internet up and running again soon, along with a new computer. That means quality graphics instead of performance graphics, now!</p><p>I left during the very beginning of the EoF beta testing.</p><p>What exactly has changed, and how?</p><p><span style="color: #999900"><b>Your best bet is to check the game update notes for GU 29, 30, and 31 for the major changes, then scan the other updates for fixes and smaller changes.</b></span></p><p>1. How do the new achievements work (a link to see what they are)? I understand that with EoF, you can get up to 100 AA instead of 50. Are there NEW AAs, though?</p><p><b><span style="color: #999900">Your best bet is to just look at your achievments dialog on your character then check your class boards for descriptions and recommendations.  There is no way to generically describe what they are since there are 24 subclasses.  But I can say that, yes, there are now 100AA points instead of 50.  However, the way it works is that the KOS AA are the same, and you can still only spend 50 in that tree.  EOF added a new tree.  KOS is the same for the class (e.g., KOS AAs are the same for all Predators, i.e., Ranger and Assassins) and the EOF AAs are for the subclass (e.g., Assassin EOF AAs are different from Ranger EOF AAs).  You can spend 50 AAs in each tree.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #999900">The AAs are generic when you earn them.  That is, they can be spent in either tree.  However, once you spend an AA in a tree.  That AA is allocated to that specific tree and cannot be moved to the other even afer a respec.  So let us say you had 35 AAs spent in the KOS tree and none in the EOF tree.  If you respec, you will only be able to spend those 35 AAs back in the KOS tree.  You could not, say, spend 30 of them in the KOS tree and 5 in the EOF tree.  In this example, you would have to earn new AAs to be able to spend them in the EOF tree.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #999900">Also, the EOF AAs genearally improve subclass specific spells.  For instance, one AA choice reduces the resistability of the main mez and improves its duration while another choice adds extra damage when a specific DOT wears off.  Like the KOS line, the top choice of the brances in the tree do something special.  Check your character's AAs to see specifically what they do.</span></b></p><p>3. Any significant PvP changes?</p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">Check the update notes and the PvP discussion boards.  I don't play on a PvP server, so I do not follow the changes there.</span></b></p><p>4. Concerning EoF, what is around? I know Kelethin is there (I did the trial). Is Felwithe still around? What is the main storyline surrounding EoF?</p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">I will leave it to former EQ1 players who know what was there in the old game to answer in detail.  However, I can tell you that the zones in EOF are (from lowest to highest are:  Greater Faydark (with Kelethin, Crushbone Keep, etc.), Butcherblock Mountains (which iswhere the docks to TS and Nek are plus the carpet to SS), Steamfont, Lesser Faydark, and Loping Plains (with Somborn and Mistmoore Castle).</span></b></p><p>5. Any new news about Kerafyrm?</p><p>6. How does the new deity system work?</p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">There is an NPC on the Butcherblock docks (Diety Historian, I believe) that can direct you to the NPC that starts each diety's quests.  You speak to the diety's quest starter, and align yourself with that diety.  You then do a series of 5 quests (they have level dependencies).  The first quests gives you diety status/faction (called Favor), a humble altar, and one blessing and one miracle.  The alter is placed in your home, and the blessings and miracles are spells that you can "purchase" from the altar using your "favor" the same way you use status to buy some things.  You can purchase one blessing and one miracle at a time.  They have only a couple of uses (i.e., charges), then you have to buy them again.  They are usually spells with relatively short durations and long recast times that buff you or give you some other benefit.  Typically, a buff would last 10 minutes and have a 60 minute recast timer.  Other types do special things.  Such as one diety blessing/miracle is a spell that is similar to an evac.  Each quest line gives you one blessing and one miracle for your altar.  Thus, by the time you do all the quests, you can choose from 5 blessings and 5 miracles.  The cost of each is dependent on the tier (the earlier ones cost less) and the quality of the altar.  The fourth quest has a better altar as a reward, and players can make better altars.  Either of these would reduce the amount of favor needed for a miracle or blessing.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">So in additon to the favor and the specific blessings and miracles you receive, the quests give you the following.  The first quest gives a "Humble Altar."  Teh second quest gives a wearable trinket/medalion for (I think) the neck slot with some stats on it.  The third gives a pet you can summon.  It gives you a buff to one or two stats, depending on the diety.  The fourth quest gives you a higher quality altar than the first quest, and the fifth and final quest gives you a cloak.  Each diety's cloak does something different.  Quellious', for instance, has a hate debuff proc.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">The pets given in quest 3 have almost no hit points and fequently die due to an AoE from a mob.  But they do buff one or two stats depending on the diety.  For instance, Quellious' pet buffs Wisdom and Rallos Zek's buffs strength.  The amount of the buff scales as you level. By level 70, it will buff a total of 26 points.  So for pets that buff a single stat, all 26 points go to that stat.  For pest buffing two stats, each is buffed by 13 points.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">You can change dieties, but you have to renounce one then build favor with the other.  You keep the rewards, but you cannot us the pet or alter (and therefore, miracles or blessings) of the diety you have renounced unless you go back to them and rebuild your favor.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00">One last thing, you "purchase" the blessings or miracles by "praying" to the altar (right click and choose pray).  This brings up the interface to purcahse the blessing/miracle.  It also shows you how much favor you have with the diety (i.e., how much favor you can spend).  At the bottom, there is also a box where you can drop certain items and offer them to the diety.  It must be treasured or better items and they will not accept everything.</span></b></p><p><b><span style="color: #00cc00"><a href="http://www.eq2i.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.eq2i.com</a> has very good information on the diety system and the quests and rewards.</span></b></p></blockquote>

Mirander_1
02-21-2007, 11:32 PM
<cite>RpTheHotrod wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Well, I'm getting internet up and running again soon, along with a new computer. That means quality graphics instead of performance graphics, now!</p><p>I left during the very beginning of the EoF beta testing.</p><p>What exactly has changed, and how?</p><p>1. How do the new achievements work (a link to see what they are)? I understand that with EoF, you can get up to 100 AA instead of 50. Are there NEW AAs, though?</p><p>2. How do cloaks work, and how do you get them?</p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Cloaks go into a new equipment slot that came with EoF (we also got a second earring slot to keep the intventory screen symetrical).  For the most part, normal cloaks don't have huge stats, although that may be a differnent case for the special cloaks, such as the Cloak of Flames.  Cloaks replace the graphic for anything you have on your back (so no shields or 2-handed weapons), but you can use the /showcloak command to toggle the appearance.  If your in a guild, the guildleader may spend money to create a guild pattern that anyone in the guild can choose to activate on their cloak.</span> </p><p>3. Any significant PvP changes?</p><p>4. Concerning EoF, what is around? I know Kelethin is there (I did the trial). Is Felwithe still around? What is the main storyline surrounding EoF?</p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">The main storyline quest didn't go live with the expansion, and we're actually expecting to come in the next Live Update.  As for old locations, Felwithe is still around, but the High Elves that live their have become <i>extremely</i> xenophobic, and will kill anyone who enters the city, including other High Elves, who have been 'tainted' by their assotiations with the 'lesser races'.  Crushbone is still around, but has had a change of leadership.  Castle Mistmoore overlooks the Loping Plains (it's on your old EQlive map, if you have one), and the Castle's master has returned.  Ak'Anon has been taken over by the Clockworks the Gnomes had left in charge.  Kaladim has been taken over by the Serilian Horde, an army of Kobolds, Bugbears, Goblins, and Ratonga that rose out of the Underfoot to take the city.  The dragon Wuoshi has made his lair in a region off of Lesser Faydark, where he guards a powerful relic of Tunare, called the Bloom of Growth; the presense of all the power coming off the Bloom has caused the plant life in Lesser Faydark to grow completely out of control, and is also responsible for the fairies of Lesser Faydark evolving into the Fae.  Dagnor's Cauldron has apparently been destroyed in the catyclsms, but the Estate of Unrest has survived, and is also coming in the next Live Update.</span> </p><p>5. Any new news about Kerafyrm?</p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Nothing since what we learned in Kingdom of Sky.</span> </p><p>6. How does the new deity system work?</p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Just to add to what the previous poster said, here's a list of the gods we can curently choose:</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Good: (Qeynos, Kelethin, Exile)</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Tunare, Quellious, Mithaniel Marr</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Neutral: (any)</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Brell Serilis, Solusek Ro</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Evil: (Freeport, Exile)</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff3333">Cazic Thule, Innoruuk, Rallos Zek</span> </p></blockquote>

RpTheHotrod
02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
<p>Thanks for the info!</p><p>I was going to return to my PvP ShadowKnight, but it appears that pvp-land is very unhappy...especially being a FPer with everyone going good-side with Fae.</p><p>Perhaps I'll start a warden on a pve server. My original character in EQ1 was a druid. Either that, or start a coercer.</p>