PDA

View Full Version : Nektropos Castle: Tribulation

madha
02-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Looking for some information about this zone.  Since the forum rebuild cant find much.  We got to the end of the zone, but felt like we missed something we only found 2 named i think.  The Epic 2 guy was cakes, and failed the doll quest, but next time i think we can do it.  WHats with the library are supposed to have to fight all 20 mobs at once, body pulled didnt work neither did fd pulling. The rewards from the end are very odd i read the book, are we supposed to find this zone its talking about, what are we supposed to do for the lore of this zone?  I feel so empty, the ghost you see at the entrence who leads you for a little while what's his deal? why does he only lead you to one area, then not move again? are the clues in the zone supposed to mean something.  Whats with the talking book? we all tryed different responces and nothing happned.  In otehr words whats the deal with this zone?

bensilvi
02-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Dont think ya missed to much its a small zone and not many named. IT was thrown in to appease lvl 70's. They have redone that place 3 times now lets hope there isnt a fourth. Have you tried alkazam?

madha
02-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I hate alkazam and i hate ogamming for going to alkazam, i have removed ogamming from my favorites.  THe zone seems incomplete at least with nek 1 you got a good idea about the lore and the quests made sence.  I got the book from the end and read it and it talks about going to the diminsion, where people wait go to the after life, and finding 2 towers one guarded by a minitor or something cant realy remmber.  But that sounds liek a  fun instance =P.  But all in all we got 3 master chest drops, how do we make the epic 2 guy a a acctual named, we stomped him and no loot?

ATG
02-21-2007, 11:34 AM
This zone has 2 guaranteed names, and a possibility of 3 more.   The epic golem randomly spawns as a named and other times doesn't.  If he's non-named, it's really not worth killing him.  This is in addition to the dolls quest which can drop masters as well.  All in all, it's a quick zone (under 30 minutes), so 3-6 chances at master drops is pretty good for the effort.

BeerDog
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Anybody got a link to a walkthough of the zone?  I couldn't find anything on OGaming or EQ2i.

Haruk
02-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Don't wander around for shinies!

madha
02-21-2007, 02:17 PM
<p>dont wander for shinnies, you dont play with my guildies =P.  After a while i just started daring them to do it..  But next time we do the zone I'm skipping the library. Whats the trick for the dolls move the ones that arnt moving?  But it's to bad that none of the lore does anything, i never realy get into the lore of the game or read quetsts, i had no idea what was going on the whole claymore quest line, but this zone i kind of tryed to read some of it. But alas I'll prob come back i looked up the itamization of the zone it drops some nice stuff.  THanks for the help</p>

Zagats
02-22-2007, 11:37 AM
<p>You have to find the dolls that dont move and place them on the bed.  It can be tricky.  I gained a charm item that allows me to summon a doll of nyth, I call him Shadowbilly!</p>

Zenith
02-22-2007, 03:50 PM
<p>There's a lot hidden in the zone, for instance there's a new room in nek 1 with a quest that opens up dialog in nek 3. However beyond that not much is known. It seems Soe hide some sort of mystery with the rune of sunder in it but it's hidden so well people have just given up. Most of the rooms in the zone appear to be useless and just endless traps. The library tends to just mass spawn books if you attempt to go inside. You can get 3 collection book quests from there, and a book at the end, as well as an idol which opens up some flavor dialog from an npc in Maj'Dul and Antonica but that's as far as anyone has gotten.</p><p> Whatever the developers hid in nek3 will probably stay hidden forever, unless they present more information on what is supposed to be going on.</p>

madha
02-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Thats kind of sad that there is so much hidden stuff that will never be found.  TO bad for the dev that designed it.  WE did the zone we know we missed stuff but didnt bother to go looking for it, becasue the hidden stuff wasnt writen well into the zone, the ghost guide should guide you to more areas that might help a bit.   THe library needs a big fat nerf though.. the inability to proxy pull anything in this zone sucks, it's not like there are 40 lvl 70 chanters looking for group, i shoulndt have to bring one to do this zone, but the library the only way i see that happening is with a chanter.  I'll prob do this zone again but skipping all the clues and adventure part, shall turn it into another nest run, just zerg the zone not thinking about anything but killing.

TheBramb
02-25-2007, 06:35 PM
When i went there, AA was non-existent - neither discovery or from killing nameds.  Everyone in my group got upset that the epic golem dropped nothing and gave no AA and just called home after that.  THis place needs some work.

madha
02-26-2007, 12:21 AM
<cite>TheBramble wrote:</cite><blockquote>When i went there, AA was non-existent - neither discovery or from killing nameds.  Everyone in my group got upset that the epic golem dropped nothing and gave no AA and just called home after that.  THis place needs some work.</blockquote> Aye i dint expect discovery exp since i had been to nek castle about 20 times, but the lack of named aa exp was sad, and only 2 quests in the zone the doll quest and the last guy handing you the book, witch i didnt count as a quest.  But all in all this is just a farming zone i guess not alot of body loot but a bunch of chests off the few named in the zone.