PDA

View Full Version : Gardener and lag

flyshigh
02-20-2007, 11:26 AM
i thought i had seen a thread on this somewhere before but could not find it. for those that don't know the gardener in EH has a charm that basically lags the entire raid for around 10-20 seconds when cast. i can't belive this is intended, can someone from soe verify this?

Kokus
02-20-2007, 01:53 PM
It's a known issue, but I wouldn't expect a fix for awhile.. Something that affects less than 1% of the global population isn't a high priority for fixing... but it's not actually that mob in particular, he just brings that ugly bug to a level that makes the game unplayable.  The issue really is delevels and charms, even on one person, seeming to lag the server.  When that Gardener charms 6 people.. ugh... and then it drops.. wow.. Can't even play the game.  And the feat as well for a somewhat simliar affect.  This guy just uses mechanics that are supposed to make the encounter difficult, but apparently the servers just are unable to deal with the mechanics they have in the game at this time.

flyshigh
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
ok, thx alot for the reply, impressive that some can beat this encounter given that lag, guess we'll just keep on trying :p

Lleinen
03-11-2007, 07:30 AM
<cite>Kokusho wrote:</cite><blockquote>It's a known issue, but I wouldn't expect a fix for awhile.. Something that affects less than 1% of the global population isn't a high priority for fixing... but it's not actually that mob in particular, he just brings that ugly bug to a level that makes the game unplayable.  The issue really is delevels and charms, even on one person, seeming to lag the server.  When that Gardener charms 6 people.. ugh... and then it drops.. wow.. Can't even play the game.  And the feat as well for a somewhat simliar affect.  This guy just uses mechanics that are supposed to make the encounter difficult, but apparently the servers just are unable to deal with the mechanics they have in the game at this time.</blockquote><p> I still fail to see how raiders are less than 1% of the population....raiders easily make up 25-50% on my server... Plus, most the solo crap already works, what else are they working on? Is there a change on the way? What is going on? Grimwell? Krist?? Hello??</p>