PDA

View Full Version : Harla Dar

arielelf
02-19-2007, 03:29 AM
My guild killed Harla Dar quite a while ago. There have been many combat changes since then as well as changes to mobs.  She has been giving us a heck of alot trouble lately. She is healing herself at various times during the encounter.  Is this an ability she has had for a long time or is it new?  If anyone has any tips on how to take her down now or counter this healing ability, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.

CHIMPNOODLE.
02-19-2007, 11:42 AM
<p>Has your raid make-up changed or raid DPS lower than it used to be? We never really noticed her healing before or after the changes (if she did, it was not large enough to outpace DPS)...we did notice her AOE is a good shot weaker now though. Maybe you need a few more debuffers or Tier 1 DPSers. If you really need a boost, unload a bunch of mana/life burners and God abilites. Just an idea.</p>

Ji
02-19-2007, 12:00 PM
She will heal if there are any adds left. You have to ensure they are all dead. When you climb the wall you have to kill every single mob you can find before pulling her. We often pull groups and dot them but wait for the final kill till we have at least 6-7 down to 5% (then AE the heck out of all of them). This gives you a longer span before the timer starts. But yes, you have to make sure all adds are down or she heals faster. We have also discovered that the encounter changes every time. Sometimes she will just drop and other times were still fighting when the stupid adds re-pop. If you kill her make sure you loot the chest quick before the adds respawn (for those that dont know).

CHIMPNOODLE.
02-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Ahh I see. Ya, that's the problem most likely. Kill the drakes and Basilisks first in a circuit...can pull 2 to 3 groups at a time if you have to. Yell them off to regen as you go if needed. Repeat the circuit for the droags. Zip up top and nail the ones round Harla. If you are fast enough, you should have at least a 5 to 7 minute window of no adds to drop her.

arielelf
02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys for the input.  We had em all dead before hand..I believe it's a dps issue.  We averaged about 11k dps on all the mobs prior to Harla but we struggled with the AE curing during the fight with the dragon. Soo, I'm thinking our dps just is dropping down too much due to people dying to the AE.  I think I have a better handle on what we need to do now. I hope lol I'm sick to death of this guy.  She's a pain. Thanks again.

Pins
02-19-2007, 12:45 PM
<cite>arielelf wrote:</cite><blockquote>Thanks guys for the input.  We had em all dead before hand..I believe it's a dps issue.  We averaged about 11k dps on all the mobs prior to Harla but we struggled with the AE curing during the fight with the dragon. Soo, I'm thinking our dps just is dropping down too much due to people dying to the AE.  I think I have a better handle on what we need to do now. I hope lol I'm sick to death of this guy.  She's a pain. Thanks again. </blockquote>Your raid should be doing more than 11k dps.  That's your problem.

arielelf
02-19-2007, 12:58 PM
What's a good number to shoot for?

TuinalOfTheNexus
02-19-2007, 02:17 PM
<p>20k+ is a solid raid parse for mobs that level.</p><p>Typically that's 1500dps from 5 DPS classes, then an average 750 from the rest of the raid. Most classes can push 750 if they focus on DPS.</p><p>Important factors in sustaining it are power regen (yell the encounters if necessary, tho it can be done without), at least 1 brig to debuff, and an MT with lots of hate buffs.</p>