PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Weapons

Fringe
02-18-2007, 06:48 PM
<p>Well, I've searched for the answers but I think we all know what state the search feature is in at the moment. So:</p><p>1. Is level 60 the highest level for throwing weapons? If so then would it be safe to assume that they don't work like Food & Drink in the sense that a level 68 character would want level 79 F&D but use level 60 ammo?</p><p>2. Are there any differences between the various types of throwing weapons? Such as with arrows (info provided via the test update notes):</p><p>Store-bought arrows have the lowest damage potential, range and accuracy. Tradeskilled Broadhead arrows: High damage, low range, low accuracy, slashing damage type. (These arrows were formerly known as hunting arrows.) Tradeskilled Bodkin arrows: Medium damage, medium range, medium accuracy, piercing damage type. Tradeskilled Field point arrows: Low damage, high range, high accuracy, crushing damage type. (These arrows were formerly known as rounded arrows.)</p><p>In other words does it matter if I use Axes, Daggers, Hammers or Shurikens? I would really like to see them have differences, otherwise what's the point?</p><p>3. Has anyone heard of any plans to actually make the throwing animations meaningful? As it current stand I can throw any of the different types and they all look the same. Actually, I don't really see a throwing animation as I simply pull both my dual wield weapons and sort of act like I'm throwing something.</p><p>Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thank you kindly.</p>

Jrral
02-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Currently arrows are slated to get the new behavior but other ranged/thrown ammo is not, things other than arrows (throwing axes, knives, shuriken, etc.) will remain as they are now. IIRC the dev responsible has said that the rest of the ranged/thrown ammo  will get the same treatment as arrows, it's a question of when they'll get the time and dev resources scheduled to make the changes.

Zagats
02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
<p>I have noticed that level makes a difference in damage, but not range.</p><p>For instance, if you throw a tin throwing dagger at Ayesor the Mighty, you might do 6-8 damage.  If you use an adamantine throwing dagger, you'll do a few hundred damage.</p><p>However I have no idea if handcrafted throwing ammo makes any difference.</p>