PDA

View Full Version : Raiding in "Chunks"

Toonmaster
02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
<p>There is something to be said for the endurance it takes  - and level of focus it takes to complete a long and difficult raid.... BUT</p><p>There are a lot of players who can only raid for longer times on weekends.  It would be nice if a creative way would be found to break at least SOME raids up into sections that could be taken one part at a time.</p><p>One idea is... to have a Marker placed at some safe point in a raid - and allow the raid leader to click on or activate it.  This would save the zone in it's current state.  The raid could leave and then at a later date - zone back in at the point they left - with all dead mobs dead etc - and continue on from that point.  This could be done so there would be no chance of exploiting the zone - due to the fact that any mobs that are dead would be gone when you re-entered the zone.</p><p>Markers could be set at about where you could get in 2 hrs.  This way more people could raid on weeknights and not just on weekends.  (at least thoes with jobs etc.) </p><p>There would still be a value in longer raids  - but some could be broken down into chunks it seems to me.</p>

interstellarmatter
02-16-2007, 05:24 PM
<p>The producer of EQ2 was talking about that in an interview some months ago.  If they could go back and redo raids from the start, they would of put in the code for serializing a raid at certain points.  Basically, being able to do raids in chunks rather than all at once.  As it stands now, it's something that they are looking at but it's going to be a big task since the coding didn't take this into account.  </p>

grymmstone
02-16-2007, 05:26 PM
<p>So what would stop a raid force from saving to that point. Going to the mender and zoning back in completely refreshed with gear at 100% and moving on deeper into the raid zone. Part of the challenge is getting to the main Boss Mob with enough armor lft to complete the mob. </p><p>Also how do you control who comes back to the raid. I.e original raid force had a coercer in group and your coerecer is not online at the time the raid leader decides to return. So you decide to go froward with an Illusionist. </p><p> I am sorry but this is too exploitable.</p>

Zendi_Perma
02-16-2007, 05:32 PM
<cite>grymmstone wrote:</cite><blockquote><p> I am sorry but this is too exploitable.</p></blockquote> Right now you can zone new people in and call them with a conjuror if needed.    You can also take a boatload of repair kits or a portable mender.     How is this more exploitable?     The only real question is if part of a raid zone's difficulty is finishing in a timely fashion.     That is the only pertinent discussion point.

Pins
02-16-2007, 05:38 PM
grymmstone wrote:So what would stop a raid force from saving to that point. Going to the mender and zoning back in completely refreshed with gear at 100% and moving on deeper into the raid zone. Part of the challenge is getting to the main Boss Mob with enough armor lft to complete the mob. Also how do you control who comes back to the raid. I.e original raid force had a coercer in group and your coerecer is not online at the time the raid leader decides to return. So you decide to go froward with an Illusionist.  I am sorry but this is too exploitable.You can already repair to 100% with tinkerered Mender Bots, so that's not even a problem anymore.  Not to mention Repair kits.  So, a person isn't online, it's just like replacing somebody mid-raid.If this reply looks like crap, I blame the new forums and how they are [Removed for Content] horrible with Safari.

TaleraRis
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
<cite>grymmstone wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>So what would stop a raid force from saving to that point. Going to the mender and zoning back in completely refreshed with gear at 100% and moving on deeper into the raid zone. </p></blockquote> If they were able to implement a marker, then there's potential they could lock that marker to not being able to be used for a certain amount of time. I don't want to say lock it to guild or by person, because that leaves out things like raid alliances. But I think just having the marker not accessible for a given amount of time would work.

KBern
02-16-2007, 06:21 PM
<cite>grymmstone wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>So what would stop a raid force from saving to that point. Going to the mender and zoning back in completely refreshed with gear at 100% and moving on deeper into the raid zone. Part of the challenge is getting to the main Boss Mob with enough armor lft to complete the mob. </p><p>Also how do you control who comes back to the raid. I.e original raid force had a coercer in group and your coerecer is not online at the time the raid leader decides to return. So you decide to go froward with an Illusionist. </p><p> I am sorry but this is too exploitable.</p></blockquote><p> As was said, you can already change people in that were not there previously, and there are portable menders that can be brought it in to get the entire raid back up to 100%.</p><p> I am not saying I fully agree with the premise, but the reasons you gave already have valid work arounds.</p>

Jai1
02-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Maybe if they made a casual raid zone set up for this but I'm not sure how they would rework the current ones.