PDA

View Full Version : PvP on non-PvP Servers?

TaskyZZ
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Is there PvP on non-PvP servers?  I used to play WoW, and on non-PvP Servers, players could attack guards (and other NPCs) of opposing cities and become flagged for PvP.  Then opposing aligned players could then attack those enemy players if they wanted to.  But didn't have to. Is this possible on the non-PvP servers in EQ2? Are there any server formats like this?  Basically it allows for consensual open PvP without having to watch your back every second of the day when you are just wanting to do some PvE.

Norrsken
02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
<cite>TaskyZZ wrote:</cite><blockquote>Is there PvP on non-PvP servers?  I used to play WoW, and on non-PvP Servers, players could attack guards (and other NPCs) of opposing cities and become flagged for PvP.  Then opposing aligned players could then attack those enemy players if they wanted to.  But didn't have to. Is this possible on the non-PvP servers in EQ2? Are there any server formats like this?  Basically it allows for consensual open PvP without having to watch your back every second of the day when you are just wanting to do some PvE. </blockquote>The only pvp you can get on pve servers is duels and the arena.

Bozidar
02-16-2007, 03:14 PM
<cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote> The only pvp you can get on pve servers is duels and the arena. </blockquote> and if i'm not mistaken, those both use PvE rulesets, not pvp.

TaskyZZ
02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, that sucks. I have been reading in this forum about zones having level limits for PvP. What does that mean? Are there zones with MOBs that are around 25th level and they only allow PvPing aorund those levels or something? Can anyone point me to a "good" guide of the PvP rules? Who you are allowed to fight and when? It seems that a lot of the rules have changed since since release (not just PvP, but a lot of stuff) and a lot of the guides and whatnot you find online are outdated.