PDA

View Full Version : LFG and chat channels....

sayitaintso
02-16-2007, 12:38 AM
This happened on Guk tonight, first time I have ever seen  it..I have always announced my LFG in the chat channel of my current tier, and in the lower tier until I gain 4 levels into the tier, in other words at level 63 I will announce in 50-59 channel but once I turn 64 I will stop... So tonight I am playing my 63 fury and I announce in both channels...and a 55 defiler starts accusing me of "cherry picking" the 50s. In other words....taking groups lower than myself, as if I am purposley doing so to deny him or any mid 50 healers a chance to group... then it dawned on me....Finding a pick up group on Guk server has become so hard that people are becomming protective of their tier level.... As I am typing this my Fury is sitting in SoS LFG. There are 21 people in this entire zone. I just came from Lesser Faydark and Loping Plains...a whopping total of 38 people between the zones... What is going on with the server population of Guk? Is there some certain trigger point that will force a server merger so we can actually have a decent server population? Do the Devs even keep tabs on the peak time server populations? I thought it was a fluke after Christmas when the server was bare...I thought when schools go back into session and college break was over the population would rise...but I go for hours and hours LFg while I solo...I started a conjuror to play a few weeks ago. I play him when I can't get a group with my Fury. today he dinged level 60...almost entirely solo.. So what's going on SOE??

Selfea
02-16-2007, 02:07 AM
<cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote><snip> So what's going on SOE?? </blockquote>People are trying out Vanguard, which has only just been released. Give it a few weeks and many of those will return to EQ2, as the feedback I've read on VG is that it's not nearly complete enough to be out of beta.

UlteriorModem
02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
<p>LOL the ole Vanguard has depopulated the server theory.</p><p>Franky I think you just ran into a grumpy player.</p>

interstellarmatter
02-16-2007, 12:28 PM
<p>According to him,</p><p><a href="http://www.eq2flames.com/showthread.php?p=72504#post72504" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.eq2flames.com/showthread...72504#post72504</a></p><p>Subscription numbers are up and there are no merge plans.</p>

Ganlu
02-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Stop sitting around LFG, and form up a group yourself.  I almost always go by this method when I want to group up, and it gets the ball rolling much faster.

da5idblacksun
02-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I've noticed lately that it's harder to get a group.  The funny part is the LFG announcements have become more desperate. "70 Guard LFG .. ANYTHING!!" "68 Fury LFG .. PLEASE!"

Caliga
02-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Shrug, my server seems fine.   I still can't even go into the city because there are so many people my comp lags.  I usually wait for prime time to pick up a group but it doesn't take long and no one gets mad at me.  Cherrypicking, thats funny.

Catsy
02-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I have noticed this on Guk too. It's been nearly impossible to find groups for either my fury or my coercer, and the LFG pickings have been so bare that even trying to get a group started is a matter of luck and usually an hour spent looking for a tank or healer that just isn't there. I have a good guild and a fair number of friends, so it's not as if I lack for things to do when they're on, but it's very frustrating otherwise. And if I need a group to do a given quest, I'm pretty much out of luck until I can organize guildies for it. Hopefully things will go back to normal once the 30-day Vanguard subscriptions dry up, but for right now the grouping situation on Guk is awful.

TheBu
02-16-2007, 04:55 PM
<p>Yes, <b>even before vanguard</b> Toons had started posting in the chat channels. Also the number of LFG for all lvls on permafrost rarely take of he full window. Last night ther was no one lvl 60+ lfg at one time. And the pep lfg give up and forget that they are lfg or just leave...</p><p>It takes way to long to get a group toghter if you even able to do it.</p><p>like what blacksum said "LFG announcements have become more desperate."</p><p>I would be great if this was some how made better. I really dont wanta set infront of my computer playing with my self. I mean going solo </p>

sayitaintso
02-16-2007, 06:45 PM
<cite>interstellarmatter wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>According to him,</p><p><a href="http://www.eq2flames.com/showthread.php?p=72504#post72504" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.eq2flames.com/showthread...72504#post72504</a></p><p>Subscription numbers are up and there are no merge plans.</p></blockquote>Frankly, I don't believe it.... when I run from zone to zone in all content, all expansions and see 2-3 groups in any one zone...sometimes less... the only possibility is that people are selecting servers they know to have good healthy populations...and they are grtting it through word of mouth from friends who play. Guk server population has been decreasing, not increasing.. As far as making groups....easier said than done....DPS isn't really hard to come by, but try finding a decent tank, or a healer that will stick around for more than 30 minutes....I have been putting together some unorthodox groups lately....4 Conjurors or 6 casters, Mega DPS groups that can kill fast and can get away without a healer as long as they are very careful. But the down time of such groups is high and EXP is slow... Last night at 11 PM eastern there were 9 people across all tiers LFG....I was looking to camp out and wanted to get my group a replacement healer prior to leaving. We looked for 30 minutes checked LFG, asked guildies, sent tells to healers that appeared to be doing TS or not in a group...Finally we just gave up.... I have leveled 4 toons to 70 and have never had this much trouble finding a group. There is no way the server population on Guk is anything but down...