PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's rewqards...How do they work exactly?


sayitaintso
02-15-2007, 05:20 PM
SO I have had my account for a couple years, plus what ever bonus time they add...And I recieved my verteran's rewards on SOME of my toons...but many say one per character, yet some of my characters who have not claimed the rewards cannot because it says "You have already claimed all of this promotion" which is not true..I would like to recieve the vet rewards for all my toons, like the /claim box says....

Giland
02-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I believe they say something more like "1 per charactor, 3 total" when you were claiming them.

bensilvi
02-15-2007, 05:25 PM
<cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote>SO I have had my account for a couple years, plus what ever bonus time they add...And I recieved my verteran's rewards on SOME of my toons...but many say one per character, yet some of my characters who have not claimed the rewards cannot because it says "You have already claimed all of this promotion" which is not true..I would like to recieve the vet rewards for all my toons, like the /claim box says.... </blockquote> There is a limit per account not per toon. I forget the number per account but there is a limit. Be careful and only selected the rewards on toons you plan to keep.

sayitaintso
02-15-2007, 05:30 PM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote>SO I have had my account for a couple years, plus what ever bonus time they add...And I recieved my verteran's rewards on SOME of my toons...but many say one per character, yet some of my characters who have not claimed the rewards cannot because it says "You have already claimed all of this promotion" which is not true..I would like to recieve the vet rewards for all my toons, like the /claim box says.... </blockquote> There is a limit per account not per toon. I forget the number per account but there is a limit. Be careful and only selected the rewards on toons you plan to keep.</blockquote>I am looking at the box as I type this...."ONE PER CHARACTER" it says nothing about 3 toon limit. I want my vet rewards, or change the box....it says it, I want it..

Jai1
02-15-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it says 3 characters when you claim.  I don't know about the box.  Also, some items can only be claimed 1 per account.

sayitaintso
02-15-2007, 06:08 PM
<cite>Jai1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>I'm pretty sure it says 3 characters when you claim.  I don't know about the box.  Also, some items can only be claimed 1 per account.</blockquote> Yes a few are one per account, but no where in the /claim window does it say limit 3 characters...SO tell me where it says 3 toon limit and I will shut up, otherwise I want my rewards...

Choombatta
02-15-2007, 06:13 PM
<p>It depends on which item you are trying to claim.</p><p>Some items ( ala the baby dragon ) are 1 per account.</p><p>Some items ( ala xp potions ) are 1 per character/3 per account.</p><p>Some items ( ala Bonzai Tree ) are 1 per character.</p>

bensilvi
02-15-2007, 06:25 PM
<cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Jai1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>I'm pretty sure it says 3 characters when you claim.  I don't know about the box.  Also, some items can only be claimed 1 per account.</blockquote> Yes a few are one per account, but no where in the /claim window does it say limit 3 characters...SO tell me where it says 3 toon limit and I will shut up, otherwise I want my rewards... </blockquote> You should shutup cause this will go nowhere.

sayitaintso
02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
<cite>bensilvi wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Jai1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>I'm pretty sure it says 3 characters when you claim.  I don't know about the box.  Also, some items can only be claimed 1 per account.</blockquote> Yes a few are one per account, but no where in the /claim window does it say limit 3 characters...SO tell me where it says 3 toon limit and I will shut up, otherwise I want my rewards... </blockquote> You should shutup cause this will go nowhere.</blockquote>regardless...My point is that once again SOE says one thing and does another...My box says one per character, it does NOT say 3 characters in my box...anywhere...So where are the rest of my rewards?

Selfea
02-16-2007, 02:17 AM
<cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><snip></p><p>So where are the rest of my rewards? </p></blockquote><p> On your toons (max of three) that have claimed them. Seriously, you're not going to get any other response. Most of us have seen (wherever) that there is a max of three, so it's clearly written somewhere. If it's not in the actual /claim box, it's somewhere else, but it is stated, we are not pulling this out of thin air.</p><p>As someone stated above, however, there are some rewards which are 1 per character, unlimited characters, but most have a maximum of 3 characters.</p>

TaleraRis
02-16-2007, 03:03 AM
It's very cryptic, but there is a small counter that starts at 3 and ends at 0 with no explanation of what it's for to count down when you're choosing veteran rewards. I've always been rather annoyed with the fact it says "One per character" myself and yet limits things to 3 characters. There's no other indication that the limit is 3, besides that little counter.

panther55
02-16-2007, 07:46 AM
<a href="http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eq2000025ur8.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img src="http://img412.imageshack....pg" border="0"></a> I don't see anything criptic about it.

Spyderbite
02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
<cite>panther55 wrote:</cite><blockquote>I don't see anything criptic about it. </blockquote> Agreed.. I only started playing a few months ago, but my station account which I played SWG with allowed for me to choose several vet awards on my first login. I noted the max number rewards available right off the bat in the lower right hand section of the /claim screen and chose very carefully. Maybe I'm just very observant. But, then again I'm also one of "those people" who read the terms before clicking "I agree" during software installations and website registrations too. OCB ftw!!! XD

Shadowfox426
02-17-2007, 05:11 AM
<cite>panther55 wrote:</cite><blockquote><a href="http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eq2000025ur8.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img src="http://img412.imageshack....pg" border="0"></a> I don't see anything criptic about it. </blockquote> What came in those last three that you have there?

TaleraRis
02-17-2007, 06:22 AM
<cite>panther55 wrote:</cite><blockquote><a href="http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eq2000025ur8.jpg" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img src="http://img412.imageshack....pg" border="0"></a> I don't see anything criptic about it. </blockquote> That's a new addition. Prior incarnations of the veteran rewards never gave a total at the right, but on the left under the picture had a very small counter that said 3/3 and counted down as they were used up. I can see it now on my 3 year vet rewards, but it wasn't there when the 1 and 2 years were activated.

Conjy
02-17-2007, 06:35 AM
<p>Dude look in the right column of that screenie. What does it say? One per character (Maximum of 3). I think moneys and bonsai's are one per character. Statues of Antonia Bayle or Lucan are also one per account I beleive. Otherwise it's in that column.......</p><p>I dont understand what you DONT see and why? Look at the screenie!</p>

Conjy
02-17-2007, 06:48 AM
<p>Shadowfox,</p><p>The Kingdom of Sky reward is an egg for in house pet.</p><p>Bonsaia is a choice of 2 trees for in your house.</p><p># year veterans rewards include...</p><p><b>Title</b>: <u>the Distinguished</u></p><p><b>Title</b>: Whichever server you played on in EQ1. Some people changed accounts and lost track of friends so this was implemented to encourage old friendships. Everyone gets this option wheater you played EQ1 or not (which I disagree with).</p><p>In bank "Veterans Display Case" which is a REALLY nice 40 slot bag that only charges a 10% broker fee instead of 20% or 40%. It allows you to charge more than the cheapest person selling that item but you will have the lowest cost on broker cause broker fee's are now included in price).</p><p>Experience juice and tradeskill juice just like 2 year rewards. I think they are 55%.</p>

Conjy
02-17-2007, 06:50 AM
<p>blah I said "in bank" bag but display case take up a broker slot sorry.</p><p>Also # year veterans.......  =  3 year veterans reward.</p>

sayitaintso
02-17-2007, 01:58 PM
<cite>Conjy wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Dude look in the right column of that screenie. What does it say? One per character (Maximum of 3). I think moneys and bonsai's are one per character. Statues of Antonia Bayle or Lucan are also one per account I beleive. Otherwise it's in that column.......</p><p>I dont understand what you DONT see and why? Look at the screenie!</p></blockquote>NO it does not...My box says  1 PER CHARACTER it says NOTHING about Maximum of 3....NOTHING!

sayitaintso
02-17-2007, 02:02 PM
In my /claim box it says NOTHING about 3 of 3, 2 of 3, 1 of 3 NOR does it say anything about how many I can have... How is it that we all play the same game and yet my box is different that others? We all patch the same, we should all have to same information....

BroKenWingZ
02-17-2007, 02:11 PM
<cite>sayitaintso wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Conjy wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Dude look in the right column of that screenie. What does it say? One per character (Maximum of 3). I think moneys and bonsai's are one per character. Statues of Antonia Bayle or Lucan are also one per account I beleive. Otherwise it's in that column.......</p><p>I dont understand what you DONT see and why? Look at the screenie!</p></blockquote>NO it does not...My box says  1 PER CHARACTER it says NOTHING about Maximum of 3....NOTHING! </blockquote>Give us a Screenshot then. <img src="/smilies/3b63d1616c5dfcf29f8a7a031aaa7cad.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I'm curious to what the discrepancy is.

dacat
02-18-2007, 07:49 PM
If you are running a custom UI and not updated, then that count may not appear.  Just a thought.

DudeSupreme
02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
If you already used up all three rewards, I'm pretty sure the counter disappears. It doesn't say "0 Total" since you already used it up. Check that custom UI idea. That makes a lot of sense.