PDA

View Full Version : Is ranger's hook working as intended in PvP?


Bozidar
02-15-2007, 01:30 PM
<p>I know there were a lot of complaints about the Brigand's EoF ability of Safehouse in PvP (never went that way myself). I'm starting to see this new ranger one abused more and more now.</p><p>Ranger panzy A stands by guard and waits for someone green or higher than him, and killable by the guard to wander anywhere near the area.  Then Ranger A uses hook ability to pull said target onto the guard and get fame, faction, status and loot from them.</p><p>Dunno.. seems really wrong to me.  It's not like it's fear.  This pulls the target right to the ranger and the guard.. </p><p>Anyone else think this should be removed from pvp?</p>

Eluzay
02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
<cite>Bozidar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I know there were a lot of complaints about the Brigand's EoF ability of Safehouse in PvP (never went that way myself). I'm starting to see this new ranger one abused more and more now.</p><p>Ranger panzy A stands by guard and waits for someone green or higher than him, and killable by the guard to wander anywhere near the area.  Then Ranger A uses hook ability to pull said target onto the guard and get fame, faction, status and loot from them.</p><p>Dunno.. seems really wrong to me.  It's not like it's fear.  This pulls the target right to the ranger and the guard.. </p><p>Anyone else think this should be removed from pvp?</p></blockquote>also being used to zap people up a cliff face and /boot them off for kills lol... i am getting good at moving above them and /boot myself though, too bad about safefall <img src="/smilies/9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

Kradun
02-15-2007, 01:42 PM
<p>hook arrow is working as intended.  It is also quite buggy though and fails often.</p><p> but my suggestion is to just stay away from pvpin near the guards/zonelines and you wont have to wrry about that and maybe those guys you refer to as pansies will actually have to go out into the field.  Otherwise it sounds like they are playing the system to their fullest advantage. </p><p>ps no sass intended if it looks that way.</p>

xXBubblez
02-15-2007, 01:44 PM
<p><span style="color: #66ffff">i'd say its working as intended.  More power to the ranger for useing his envoriment to his advantage.  Safehouse was nerfed in PvP because it was basically a free evac whenever and since they removed evac from pvp, they couldn't fairy give it to 1 class.</span></p><p><span style="color: #66ffff">Hook arrow does not help the ranger escape a fight, its just a means to catch runners, cliff divers, ppl playing zone tag that wait till last sec to zone and such.  If you don't like getting pulled into the gaurds, don't pvp near them!  </span></p><p><span style="color: #66ffff">Hook arrow is a CA that the rangers would have to use situationally, as a ranger you don't actually want ur target near you, melee dps is horrible, so its used as a strat in certain situations.  </span></p>

CresentBlade
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
<cite>Bozidar wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I know there were a lot of complaints about the Brigand's EoF ability of Safehouse in PvP (never went that way myself). I'm starting to see this new ranger one abused more and more now.</p><p>Ranger panzy A stands by guard and waits for someone green or higher than him, and killable by the guard to wander anywhere near the area.  Then Ranger A uses hook ability to pull said target onto the guard and get fame, faction, status and loot from them.</p><p>Dunno.. seems really wrong to me.  It's not like it's fear.  This pulls the target right to the ranger and the guard.. </p><p>Anyone else think this should be removed from pvp?</p></blockquote>AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH <span style="font-size: large">YOU GOT OWNED! </span><span style="font-size: x-small">Cry more noob.</span>

Killque
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
<p>Gildorath wrote:</p><p>     AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH YOU GOT OWNED! Cry more noob</p><p></p><p></p><p>What a sensationally mature post you made here.</p>

Uhlen
02-15-2007, 02:53 PM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH <span style="font-size: large">YOU GOT OWNED! </span><span style="font-size: x-small">Cry more noob.</span> </blockquote> PVP is <i>serious</i> business.

Bozidar
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH <span style="font-size: large">YOU GOT OWNED! </span><span style="font-size: x-small">Cry more noob.</span> </blockquote><p>Yes, I did, and i've adjusted my pvp tactics so that it won't happen again.</p><p>I do still think that it's an unfair AA ability, as safehouse was, that shouldn't work in pvp. </p>

CresentBlade
02-15-2007, 03:54 PM
<cite>Bozidar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH <span style="font-size: large">YOU GOT OWNED! </span><span style="font-size: x-small">Cry more noob.</span> </blockquote><p>Yes, I did, and i've adjusted my pvp tactics so that it won't happen again.</p><p>I do still think that it's an unfair AA ability, as safehouse was, that shouldn't work in pvp. </p></blockquote> There is alot of unfair aa to be sure. Druids with unbreakable roots, insane in combat run speed (NO class should have in combat run speed). Glad to hear you adjusted, thats what the games all about..that killing and talking smack<img src="/smilies/97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

PeaSy1
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
This is a aa? Ive never seen it b4 (even playing as a ranger).

The_Real_Ohno
02-15-2007, 04:38 PM
<p>/Yawn</p>

kreepr
02-15-2007, 05:17 PM
<span style="color: #ff0033">HHHUUMM Seems the Rangers got some of the most effective aa lines. Notice I say LINES as in mutiple. I say nerf them now. Maybe everyone else should have gotten this hookshot, so we could stop the super ranger run they get to. </span>

Spag
02-15-2007, 06:29 PM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>Druids with unbreakable roots </blockquote>Druids don't have unbreakable roots.  You just dont have a clue. 

Mutant
02-15-2007, 06:46 PM
<p>Hookshot is a neat ability that can control someone, just like the tons of others in the game. Fear, Drag, Mezzes, charms, etc. You can easily use fear and throwback CA's to get peeps into the guards aggro range as well. It just adds another dynamic to the game, which is a good thing. Just more tricks for you to learn or avoid.   Although it is annoying the ones that hide by guards all day, but it is their choice let them live their sad pvp life. Ive killed tons of peeps that are standing directly next to red guards, get some friends that can root and range well. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p>