PDA

View Full Version : handle

SilkenKidden
02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
No, I do not want to be known as LETMEINTOTHEDAMNEDFORUM in these forums.  Nor do I want to play 20 questions before I'm allowed to post one.  Let me be known by my user name please and don't keep hitting me with rejects.   I am SilkenKidden.  That's my user name.  I don't want to be anyone else, certainly not Silken2095 or some other such concoction that meets YOUR needs.

Fringe
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
<p>Please read the sticky at the top of this board.</p>

SilkenKidden
02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
<cite>Fringe wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Please read the sticky at the top of this board.</p></blockquote><p>There are three stickies at the top of this board.  I suppose one of them says something about handles.  I don't want to know why this requirement was made.  I just want it unmade.  I have enough IDs.  I am not Sybil.  I don't need another.</p>

Matia
02-13-2007, 06:18 PM
They were possibly referring to the part at the top that says: <b>Announcement</b> Welcome to the new EverQuest II Community Forums. Please pardon all the dust while we get settled in. If you are experiencing any problems at all with your ID, send a PM to Grimwell so we can sort things out.

Fringe
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
<p>Sorry, I was referring to the one that says:</p><p><b>"We're going to allow users to set their handle to the same name as their Station account. Please be aware this is a security risk if you happen to do this. It makes it easier for people to guess your login. If you do choose to do this, don't post about it."</b></p>

SilkenKidden
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
<cite>Fringe wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Sorry, I was referring to the one that says:</p><p><b>"We're going to allow users to set their handle to the same name as their Station account. Please be aware this is a security risk if you happen to do this. It makes it easier for people to guess your login. If you do choose to do this, don't post about it."</b></p></blockquote><p>Yeah.  That one.  It lies.  You can't use station account.  Did you try it before telling me to read it the faq for a wrong answer to my complaint? </p>

Fringe
02-13-2007, 06:37 PM
<p>Check the stickies again. It was just posted today in a thread entitled "Incoming changes to the forum"</p><p>Relax and have some patience.</p>

-Sentinel-
02-14-2007, 02:58 AM
<cite>JohnDoe041 wrote:</cite><blockquote>Yeah.  That one.  It lies.  You can't use station account.  Did you try it before telling me to read it the faq for a wrong answer to my complaint? </blockquote>Geez, have a little patience.  We just added this capability today.  You now should be able to use your station account as your user handle.  BTW, admins have the ability to change your user handle so if you want it changed, you can contact Grimwell or another admin.