PDA

View Full Version : I cannot send IMs

Ishnar
02-13-2007, 05:29 PM
If I click on Private messages, there are links for Inbox and Sent Items.  But nowhere is there a link for "new message" or the equivalent.  I'm using Firefox as IE doesn't work on this computer, I don't know if that is the problem or not.  Since we are supposed to IM grimwell with problems, being unable to send IMs is problematic. I looked for the Veteran board and couldn't find it.  My ranking showed as "forum user" before I changed my persona, but at least my post count was correct in the profile anyway.  Then I changed my persona to my current favorite character and my post count reset.  I was going to IM Grimwell to ask him to fix my access or rank but since I can't IM..... Of course, the Veteran board might not be there anymore, but I thought Grimwell said it would be retained.  I admit, I could have mis-read his statement.  Or maybe it will be up, but isn't just yet.... I never noticed before, but my joined date is showing as 2005, but I joined back in 2002.  Wierd..

Fringe
02-13-2007, 05:38 PM
<p>To PM someone you need to click the Profile button under one of their posts. This will give you the option to PM them.</p><p>EDIT: I'd also like to know about the Vet board. Will it come back and what will determine access to it?</p>

Samulbrar
02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Or use the Member Listing link at the top of the forums and search on their name. There will be a PM link next to their name.

Matia
02-13-2007, 05:40 PM
To send a PM to some one, find a post by them or go to their profile. Select the PM button for them there to send them a message. Haven't heard yet about the Vet's Lounge. The EQ2 forums didn't exist back in 2002, so having joined then would have been difficult.

Ishnar
02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
<cite>Matia wrote:</cite><blockquote>To send a PM to some one, find a post by them or go to their profile. Select the PM button for them there to send them a message. Haven't heard yet about the Vet's Lounge. The EQ2 forums didn't exist back in 2002, so having joined then would have been difficult. </blockquote> Thanks,  At least now I know how to do it.  I guess that is something I would have thought of eventually.  Thanks to all for the help. I could swear it was 2002.... It was at least 1 year before EQ2 came out, it was back before the beta. But I admit being fuzzy on the date.   We all chatted on the boards trying to guess what EQ2 would be like and collectively prayed to be invited to beta test.  Then when the beta started the players would come on and drop hints that wouldnt go against the non-disclosure agreement. I seem to be posting as Ishnar now, but my post count is still showing very low and I can't edit my posts. I'm guessing the growing pains of moving into this new forum will probably last about a month.  Hammerfall won't have much time for eq2players, he's going to be much too busy here.

Fringe
02-13-2007, 06:24 PM
<p>Your Registration Date is shown in your Profile via the Profile button at the bottom of your posts.</p><p>Registration date: <b>01/05/2005 13:18:41</b> </p>

Matia
02-13-2007, 06:25 PM
The beta forums existed from sometime in 2003 I think, but when the game came out they dropped all of that and everyone had to re-register for the new official forums, so the dates all start from Nov 2004. Glad it worked for you.

Ishnar
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
<cite>Matia wrote:</cite><blockquote>The beta forums existed from sometime in 2003 I think, but when the game came out they dropped all of that and everyone had to re-register for the new official forums, so the dates all start from Nov 2004. Glad it worked for you. </blockquote> That's right.  Now I remember being somewhat annoyed that I had to re-register.   Not very annyoyed mind you, but a little.