PDA

View Full Version : Investigation Skill

Maryk
02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Just noticed that I have a skill called "Investigation."  Tried finding some information on it but couldn't.  Any help please?  What is it for?  Where/how can I start to increase the skill?  Thanks

Widgetblaster
02-13-2007, 02:47 PM
If I recall... Back at launch, I remember some quests where you needed to investigate creatures. Possibly from book quests that may still be in game? Essentially, you target the mob and use the skill...it's a non-aggro generating thing.

DobyMT
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
That's catagorize.  I just realized my Iksar Bruiser has it too, haven't looked anywhere else yet.

Widgetblaster
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
<cite>DobyMT wrote:</cite><blockquote>That's catagorize.  I just realized my Iksar Bruiser has it too, haven't looked anywhere else yet.</blockquote> Doh! Yeah, my memory isn't what it used to be...and wasn't so great back then!

Maryk
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Do you mean the "cataloging" skill?  Is it worth raising?

Looker1010
02-13-2007, 04:16 PM
<cite>Marykim wrote:</cite><blockquote>Do you mean the "cataloging" skill?  Is it worth raising?</blockquote><p> It's not cataloging. I had a quest the other night where I was required to catalog some creatures. The catalog icon popped into one of my hotbar slots. I did the quest.  Catalog is not a skill that can be raised and it had no effect on the investigation skill.</p><p>It would be nice if SOE told us what this new skill is. I really resent having things like this appear on my skill list that come with no information. It's rude SOE.</p>

EtoilePirate
02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
The OP is correct.  "Investigation" appeared as a skill on Test sometime in the PRE-LU31 patches.  I noticed it on my Assassin (Investigation 5 / 350) first and thought it might have been a scout-only thing but alas, no, it's shared by all. However, the skill seems to have appeared in the game before the events / quests / skills that call for it have appeared.  No-one I know has found any way to use or raise it yet.

Hollywood
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
<cite>EtoilePirate wrote:</cite><blockquote>The OP is correct.  "Investigation" appeared as a skill on Test sometime in the PRE-LU31 patches.  I noticed it on my Assassin (Investigation 5 / 350) first and thought it might have been a scout-only thing but alas, no, it's shared by all. However, the skill seems to have appeared in the game before the events / quests / skills that call for it have appeared.  No-one I know has found any way to use or raise it yet. </blockquote>It's for the upcoming "CSI:Norrath" Adventure Pack...

Sleet_Levanter
02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
<p>The only time my Investigation skill went up was when I did one of the quests on the Outpost of the Overlord.  Someguy wanted you to burn a letter, then an investigator popped up and asked you to investigate that guy.  As I did my investigation, the skill went up.</p><p>I have no idea what the skill is good for though.</p>

tass
02-17-2007, 11:00 AM
huh thats weird. Never seen the skill in game. Though I have seen it in vanguard and it goes up in there whenever I invis or something of the sort. Wonder what its purpose is here.

DudeSupreme
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM
<p><span style="font-size: x-small"><span style="color: #cc0000"><b>*** Gameplay ***</b></span></span></p><p><span style="font-size: x-small"><span style="color: #cc0000">The investigation skill should now only appear once you properly acquire it, which might take some investigation itself.</span></span></p> <p>Yesterday's test update notes.  I guess it's a precursor to something in the next update... maybe something sinister?  maybe something more uber than we can handle?  ...maybe something delicious?  There is that food detecive guy on Food Network now, I bet he has something to do with it... </p>

brightwhite
02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
EtoilePirate wrote: <blockquote>It's for the upcoming "CSI:Norrath" Adventure Pack... </blockquote> LOL

Anonymouse
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
<p><span style="color: #ffff99">Just as a tid-bit more info...</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffff99"> Last night on Najena, I was in Butcherblock looking for shinys.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffff99">I was using the tinkered "divining rod" which tracks harvestables.</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffff99">On the "tracking" list were many entries for </span><span style="color: #66ff66">"<i>a pile of unearthed objects</i>"</span></p><p><span style="color: #ffff99">I tried tracking a couple, but it lead me to nothing.</span></p>

Femke
02-24-2007, 06:52 AM
<cite>Hollywood wrote:</cite><blockquote>EtoilePirate wrote:     It's for the upcoming "CSI:Norrath" Adventure Pack... </blockquote>*grins* Oh eh... I didn't kill that Gnoll.... Sure, I killed 1687 other ones, but I didn't kill that one. I am innocent!!! Femke.

tass
02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
oo I get first dibs on the chubby grissom class test lol.