PDA

View Full Version : Posting as your character: how?

Mirander_1
02-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Trying to figure this out, but how do you post using a character's name?  I check-off the character at the bottom of the profile, then go to the "change personas" page, but I'm only given the option of using the forum handle, and I can't figure out if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong.  Any help?

Josgar
02-13-2007, 12:20 AM
<p>In your profile, but if you do your post count display disappears.</p><p>(Except in your profile)</p>

Zephanor
02-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Yup, at the top.  Current Personas: [<a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/user/editPersona.m?user_id=23691" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">switch personas</a>] It's on the list of things to fix apparently (the post count thingy.)  I can see two sides but I hope they side on the total count for any persona.

Mirander_1
02-13-2007, 02:28 AM
I think I'm explaining this wrong, so let me try and go into more detail on this: -Ok, I go into my profile, and down at the bottom is the list of SOE games, and under EQ2 it has a list of my characters with checkboxes next to their names. -I check the name of the character I want to use, then have it save the changes to my profile. -I then go into the 'switch personas' screen, where I'm guessing it should be listing both my forum handle, and the character that I checked off in the previous step, but I'm only presented with the option of using my my forum handle, and nothing else. Did I miss a step anywhere, or am I bugged or something?

colonel75thr
02-13-2007, 10:37 AM
<cite>Mirander_1 wrote:</cite><blockquote>I think I'm explaining this wrong, so let me try and go into more detail on this: -Ok, I go into my profile, and down at the bottom is the list of SOE games, and under EQ2 it has a list of my characters with checkboxes next to their names. -I check the name of the character I want to use, then have it save the changes to my profile. -I then go into the 'switch personas' screen, where I'm guessing it should be listing both my forum handle, and the character that I checked off in the previous step, but I'm only presented with the option of using my my forum handle, and nothing else. Did I miss a step anywhere, or am I bugged or something? </blockquote> I am having the exact same problem

Sebastien
02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
<p>Well, I didn't need to do anything with those checkboxes.  Also I'm a bit unclear on how those checkboxes work.  I noticed you click the private or public radio button then I'm not sure what actually happens when you click submit on those changes.</p><p>What I can tell you is that when I go to the Switch Persona screen, I see three of my characters listed, and there is no relationship between which ones are listed and which ones I checked off in that area below.  It seems to be that it is simply excluding characters that are too low in level.</p><p>Are you saying that you cannot see any characters when you go to Switch Persona?  If so, yes I think you are experiencing a bug.</p>

Etillchou
02-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Seems to work.. thanks

Velocidad
02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I was looking for this myself. Thank you.

Dessellion4
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM
testing

Kiester
02-13-2007, 02:26 PM
test

Kiester
02-13-2007, 02:27 PM
<span style="color: #ffffff">Kiester</span> Server: Crushbone Guild: Illusions of Grandeur Rank: Fantasy this is wrong...my server is unrest, my guild is not that one...

Mirander_1
02-13-2007, 02:32 PM
<cite>Kiester wrote:</cite><blockquote> <span style="color: #ffffff">Kiester</span> Server: Crushbone Guild: Illusions of Grandeur Rank: Fantasy this is wrong...my server is unrest, my guild is not that one... </blockquote>This happened because if you reply to someone who is posting as a character, <i>their </i>info will appear under your name.

Kiester
02-13-2007, 02:46 PM
<cite>Mirander_1 wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Kiester wrote:</cite><blockquote> <span style="color: #ffffff">Kiester</span> Server: Crushbone Guild: Illusions of Grandeur Rank: Fantasy this is wrong...my server is unrest, my guild is not that one... </blockquote>This happened because if you reply to someone who is posting as a character, <i>their </i>info will appear under your name. </blockquote> kk, trying the quote button...

Hammerfel
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
There's a bug we're investigating that omits some (or all) of your characters from the Switch Personas screen. It's happeneing on 2 of my accounts right now. Hang in there!

selch
02-13-2007, 05:30 PM
<p>Also is showing someone elses character because it is same with your "forum" handle been fixed?</p><p> (Seems not, I don't have any character from Crushbone, nor I know this person for example)</p><p>IMO, there should only been forum handles still (or if someone likes additional character info) because we will see lots of posts with same names soon or what if character deleted? All messages get deleted?</p>

Caliga
02-13-2007, 06:40 PM
<cite>selch wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>Also is showing someone elses character because it is same with your "forum" handle been fixed?</p><p> (Seems not, I don't have any character from Crushbone, nor I know this person for example)</p><p>IMO, there should only been forum handles still (or if someone likes additional character info) because we will see lots of posts with same names soon or what if character deleted? All messages get deleted?</p></blockquote>If you post with just your handle you steal the info of the person who posted before you.  If you look everyone is in the same guild on Crushbone for like the last couple comments.  The only way to block this is to post as one of your toons and not using a default handle.

Krystara
02-13-2007, 06:42 PM
<p>I'm hoping I've finally gotten this right.  I've tried a couple of different suggestions so hopefully I'll be posting as Lysari.  And I'll be in the right server/guild.</p>

Krystara
02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
<cite>Krystara wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>I'm hoping I've finally gotten this right.  I've tried a couple of different suggestions so hopefully I'll be posting as Lysari.  And I'll be in the right server/guild.</p></blockquote> Trying again.  Although I guess this is the same as before so it's not so bad.  I still need to figure a lot out here.

colonel75thr
02-14-2007, 12:38 AM
I still cannot switch persona's.. Do I need to log in to EQ2 first for some reason? This is getting pretty frustrating

Caliga
02-14-2007, 01:55 AM
When you are trying does it say locked for 24 hours?  It might think you've already switched once.

Camibella
02-14-2007, 03:36 AM
<p>please work right! No more camibella!!!!</p>

Dewlix
02-14-2007, 05:07 AM
<p>Test</p><p>Edit: Sweet...after changing personas, log out and log back in...that seemed to work for me.</p>

Dessellion4
02-14-2007, 07:57 AM
<p>testing again to see if my rank gets fixed</p><p> Aaargh - why does my rank still show Forum User - I've been on in one form or another for over 2 years!!!</p>

Dessellion4
02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
<cite>Kiester wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Mirander_1 wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Kiester wrote:</cite><blockquote> <span style="color: #ffffff">Kiester</span> Server: Crushbone Guild: Illusions of Grandeur Rank: Fantasy this is wrong...my server is unrest, my guild is not that one... </blockquote>This happened because if you reply to someone who is posting as a character, <i>their </i>info will appear under your name. </blockquote> kk, trying the quote button... </blockquote>Hey you're not in our guild - how dare you lol !!

Wilko1981
02-14-2007, 09:56 AM
<span style="font-family: trebuchet ms,geneva">Something I haven't been able to figure out yet, if your posting as a character I can't seem to be able to get an avatar to show as well, is it the case you can only have an avatar if your posting as your original forum handle and not as one of your characters ?</span>

colonel75thr
02-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I have never been able to choose any persona besides my station ID.. I am broken, please fix me

DngrMou
02-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Test

DngrMou
02-15-2007, 11:13 AM
<cite>colonel75thr wrote:</cite><blockquote>I have never been able to choose any persona besides my station ID.. I am broken, please fix me </blockquote> Test