PDA

View Full Version : New forums look nice good job!


CresentBlade
02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

BWLeeEllison
02-13-2007, 03:13 AM
<span style="font-size: small; color: #0099ff; font-family: comic sans ms,sand">Yes indeed.  So far they seem nice.  Let's hope they work well with customer service 8P</span>

Azrexel
02-13-2007, 06:57 AM
It doesn't look too bad but the dark blue forum rank is pretty hard to see. Cosmetic I know but overall not bad.

Myrswithe
02-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Hopefully they stay fast and efficient.

Rattfa
02-13-2007, 10:16 AM
It will take me a while to get used to them I think. They look nice though.

Norrsken
02-13-2007, 10:48 AM
<p><b><span style="font-size: xx-large; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Give me an edit button!</span></b></p>

Eluzay
02-13-2007, 10:56 AM
<cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><b><span style="font-size: xx-large; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Give me an edit button!</span></b></p></blockquote> edit buttons are bad because people change their posts after the fact.

Norrsken
02-13-2007, 10:59 AM
<cite>Eluzay wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><b><span style="font-size: xx-large; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Give me an edit button!</span></b></p></blockquote> edit buttons are bad because people change their posts after the fact. </blockquote> Well, if you by accident hit submit before even writing something, you have a crud post that cant be removed or changed.

Rattfa
02-13-2007, 11:01 AM
<cite>Eluzay wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><b><span style="font-size: xx-large; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Give me an edit button!</span></b></p></blockquote> edit buttons are bad because people change their posts after the fact. </blockquote> Edit buttons are good, and allow you to correct a mistake or two that you might have missed without having to make a new post about it. Edit button should have a timer though...like 30 minutes before it becomes uneditable.

Norrsken
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
<cite>themixmonkeyx wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Eluzay wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><b><span style="font-size: xx-large; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Give me an edit button!</span></b></p></blockquote> edit buttons are bad because people change their posts after the fact. </blockquote> Edit buttons are good, and allow you to correct a mistake or two that you might have missed without having to make a new post about it. Edit button should have a timer though...like 30 minutes before it becomes uneditable. </blockquote>And why does it say Im on venekor?!

Norrsken
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
<cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>themixmonkeyx wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Eluzay wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><p><b><span style="font-size: xx-large; font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Give me an edit button!</span></b></p></blockquote> edit buttons are bad because people change their posts after the fact. </blockquote> Edit buttons are good, and allow you to correct a mistake or two that you might have missed without having to make a new post about it. Edit button should have a timer though...like 30 minutes before it becomes uneditable. </blockquote>And why does it say Im on venekor?! </blockquote> And why was that a quote?

Rattfa
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
It said I was on Venekor earlier too. You need to set your persona in your profile. Careful though, you can only change it once every 24 hours.

Roald
02-13-2007, 01:47 PM
<p>I like the old forums a lot more, these ones feel cheaper and less professional. I still don't know how to reply without quoting someone then deleting it. I'd rather they spent more money on staff rather than changing an already perfectly exceptable forum system. This is pretty much what happened to EQ2players aswell, i use that far less often now after it was changed.</p>

Roald
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Ok i found the reply button, but why is there now edit?

Azrexel
02-13-2007, 02:16 PM
<p>I don't think there is an edit option. Not that I can find anyway.</p><p>What is this persona option thingy about then?</p>

Badaxe Ba
02-13-2007, 05:23 PM
<p>Op didn't look too hard IMO, go see the thread of 'issues with new forums'......</p><p>If you can find it.</p><p>I could almost deal without an edit button if we only had spellcheck.</p>

CresentBlade
02-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Badaxe Bart wrote: <blockquote><p>Op didn't look too hard IMO, go see the thread of 'issues with new forums'......</p><p>If you can find it.</p><p>I could almost deal without an edit button if we only had spellcheck.</p></blockquote>Didnt have to look for anything, I like. You dont like it GOOD FOR YOU!<img src="/smilies/49869fe8223507d7223db3451e5321aa.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" />

ChinaC
02-13-2007, 09:44 PM
<p><span style="color: #ff6600">Where are the old thread archived?</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600"> ps: Blue text does look bad against the black.  Also, is there no preview feature?</span></p><p><span style="color: #ff6600"> -CC</span></p>

rulerjimbo
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
i think you're looking at a different forum than me : /

DynamicPerforman
02-14-2007, 12:32 AM
This is the new fad in forum design.  Its horrible, both in apperance and functionality. I'm just glad my guild forums are still SMF.