PDA

View Full Version : Healer roots need to be fixed


CresentBlade
02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
This is total BS that their roots last the entire fight now. Unbreakable roots? YAY!

Nummer
02-13-2007, 06:48 AM
/agree, 14 sec root on a 30 sec retimer, its bs. ficks it so us inquis can chain root like wissards, thxbie.

Norrsken
02-13-2007, 10:26 AM
<cite>Nummer wrote:</cite><blockquote>/agree, 14 sec root on a 30 sec retimer, its bs. ficks it so us inquis can chain root like wissards, thxbie.</blockquote><p> Hmm.. You do know that it wouldnt matter on pvp right?</p>

Ashen-Shugar
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>This is total BS that their roots last the entire fight now. Unbreakable roots? YAY!</blockquote>Mine don;t land half the time .. dunno if it matters what teir your talking about but my Fury Root is Master 1 and it sucks most of the time

Norrsken
02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
<cite>Ashen-Shugar wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>This is total BS that their roots last the entire fight now. Unbreakable roots? YAY!</blockquote>Mine don;t land half the time .. dunno if it matters what teir your talking about but my Fury Root is Master 1 and it sucks most of the time </blockquote> Its just gildorath blowing off steam.

Spag
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
<p>There is no reason to nerf roots, they are actually the easiest of all the CC spells to counter.  Once cast on you, you are immune from root for 2x the original duration.  So if its a 20 second root, you are immune for 40 seconds from the time it was cast.  </p><p>Once you know how to counter a root, you will be rooted for maybe 3 seconds, but still be immune for 37 more seconds.  This is not an exploit, in any fashion, and available to all classes.</p><p>You simply need to carry some cure potions with you  NPC cure potions can do the job, but have a much more limited level range.  Get your local alchemist to make you some really nice cure potions, and dont leave home without them.  Then you can stop calling for a nerf of an ingame ability because you have a legitimate and easy ingame solution.</p>

Eluzay
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
<cite>Spag wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There is no reason to nerf roots, they are actually the easiest of all the CC spells to counter.  Once cast on you, you are immune from root for 2x the original duration.  So if its a 20 second root, you are immune for 40 seconds from the time it was cast.  </p><p>Once you know how to counter a root, you will be rooted for maybe 3 seconds, but still be immune for 37 more seconds.  This is not an exploit, in any fashion, and available to all classes.</p><p>You simply need to carry some cure potions with you  NPC cure potions can do the job, but have a much more limited level range.  Get your local alchemist to make you some really nice cure potions, and dont leave home without them.  Then you can stop calling for a nerf of an ingame ability because you have a legitimate and easy ingame solution.</p></blockquote> death march ftw! ... its snares that annoy me (damndable rangers, good think i can kill most of them from range) but they dont need a nerf either.

chrystolr
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
They also need to fix the snare on those roots. It roots and you have immunity to it but when the root wears off you get a snare and theres no immunity to that snare so they can just snare you again and by the time the second snare wears off there root is back up and you are stuck in a loop of not getting away. I think theres other spells out there that have similiar effects too.

Bawang
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
<sigh> The forums are just back online and sure enough the first post I see is some fool asking for other classes to be nerfed.

DynamicPerforman
02-14-2007, 12:37 AM
The worst are furys. almost 35% in combat run speed, and can keep me at -35% the whole fight. I don't have enough potions for that kind of fight!

Harvash
02-14-2007, 02:20 AM
<cite>Bawang wrote:</cite><blockquote><sigh> The forums are just back online and sure enough the first post I see is some fool asking for other classes to be nerfed.</blockquote><p> Yep, yay...and of all classes, a freaking ranger...brotha pleaze, dont pass off that crap.  You guys have been rooting, stifling and otherwise keeping peeps in place all along.  Now, someone else can do it..</p><p> Waaa...someone can do what i do..../sob i thought i was special  /sniffle its not fair.</p><p>w/e...get over it</p>

Harvash
02-14-2007, 02:27 AM
<cite>DynamicPerformance wrote:</cite><blockquote>The worst are furys. almost 35% in combat run speed, and can keep me at -35% the whole fight. I don't have enough potions for that kind of fight!</blockquote><p> Well, i think this is an honest enuff post.  However, as usual, you will have to learn your own abilities - not worry about others. In the event that it fails, try the class you think is uber - I give you a day before the light comes on and you say "hmm...guess the grass wasnt greener after all" </p><p>Again, not a flame..just an observation</p><p>Fight To Win</p>

chrystolr
02-14-2007, 04:22 AM
<cite>Harvash wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Bawang wrote:</cite><blockquote><sigh> The forums are just back online and sure enough the first post I see is some fool asking for other classes to be nerfed.</blockquote><p> Yep, yay...and of all classes, a freaking ranger...brotha pleaze, dont pass off that crap.  You guys have been rooting, stifling and otherwise keeping peeps in place all along.  Now, someone else can do it..</p><p> Waaa...someone can do what i do..../sob i thought i was special  /sniffle its not fair.</p><p>w/e...get over it</p></blockquote> Rangers get stifle? I want that on my ranger. I also want my root to last longer then 4 seconds and not require me to have to make distance between us just to use my CA. And it wouldnt hurt for people to stop resisting my [Removed for Content] snare all the time!

Norrsken
02-14-2007, 05:08 AM
<cite>DynamicPerformance wrote:</cite><blockquote>The worst are furys. almost 35% in combat run speed, and can keep me at -35% the whole fight. I don't have enough potions for that kind of fight!</blockquote> make that 45%.

Norrsken
02-14-2007, 05:09 AM
<cite>Eluzay wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Spag wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There is no reason to nerf roots, they are actually the easiest of all the CC spells to counter.  Once cast on you, you are immune from root for 2x the original duration.  So if its a 20 second root, you are immune for 40 seconds from the time it was cast.  </p><p>Once you know how to counter a root, you will be rooted for maybe 3 seconds, but still be immune for 37 more seconds.  This is not an exploit, in any fashion, and available to all classes.</p><p>You simply need to carry some cure potions with you  NPC cure potions can do the job, but have a much more limited level range.  Get your local alchemist to make you some really nice cure potions, and dont leave home without them.  Then you can stop calling for a nerf of an ingame ability because you have a legitimate and easy ingame solution.</p></blockquote> death march ftw! ... its snares that annoy me (damndable rangers, good think i can kill most of them from range) but they dont need a nerf either. </blockquote>use your own snare. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I find it very useful for catching up to kiting rangers.

Norrsken
02-14-2007, 05:11 AM
<cite>chrystolred wrote:</cite><blockquote>They also need to fix the snare on those roots. It roots and you have immunity to it but when the root wears off you get a snare and theres no immunity to that snare so they can just snare you again and by the time the second snare wears off there root is back up and you are stuck in a loop of not getting away. I think theres other spells out there that have similiar effects too. </blockquote> AFAIK No snares have immunity timers. Thats how me and my brig buddy stacks on 3 snares on our targets and watch them try and crawl away from us. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> Hilarious I tell ya.

Harvash
02-15-2007, 03:24 AM
<cite>chrystolred wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Harvash wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Bawang wrote:</cite><blockquote><sigh> The forums are just back online and sure enough the first post I see is some fool asking for other classes to be nerfed.</blockquote><p> Yep, yay...and of all classes, a freaking ranger...brotha pleaze, dont pass off that crap.  You guys have been rooting, stifling and otherwise keeping peeps in place all along.  Now, someone else can do it..</p><p> Waaa...someone can do what i do..../sob i thought i was special  /sniffle its not fair.</p><p>w/e...get over it</p></blockquote> Rangers get stifle? I want that on my ranger. I also want my root to last longer then 4 seconds and not require me to have to make distance between us just to use my CA. And it wouldnt hurt for people to stop resisting my [I cannot control my vocabulary] snare all the time!</blockquote>I was merely refering to the host of disabling abilities that rangers have.. also, as far as backing up, I dont really understand - u do know that merelty tapping yer self back about 6" puts you in the range you need.  As PvP is usually quite fluid, this really happens by default.  I have a 51 ranger on PvE and solo a good deal, not PvP - but use of the abilities is the same deal.  Working AA lines to reduce timers, improve effectiveness and generally just all kinds of goodies seems to be the best route to take.  And, in the end - I was trying to make a point that all classes have something someone else doesnt, this arguement could go on forever, and take place after every LU to boot.  I wish more people would spend time talking about what DOES work for their class, stratedgy for over coming the other classes and just generally try to be more helpful instead of spreading the coals out farther. /wish on

chrystolr
02-15-2007, 04:22 AM
I do back up the minimum when fighting casters. But fighters or players who melee you need to back up more. Even with poise you don't have that long of a time to cast a CA especially if the person you still fighting is wailing on you or is still in range to do CA. That can easily interupt me and my 4 second root on a 20 second timer is down then. So I need more range. You think by having mostly range CA you have a advantage in pvp? Not really because your the only one who does and they don't work up close to everyone else who has close combat attacks. Plus walking in range of a ranger casting interupts there casting. As for disabling abilities, one 4 second root, cheap shot and snare. Sure we have our trap but with 20% chance to dispell on taking any hostile action and actually having another player walk on it. I of course have my strategies to get around other players strength, some classes however completly dominate me without fail. Try fighting a coercer, all they need to do really is cast there spell shield and stand close to you while rooted, now they are the definition of disabling abilities.

Radigazt
02-15-2007, 06:31 AM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>This is total BS that their roots last the entire fight now. Unbreakable roots? YAY!</blockquote><p> Oh my goodness, not ANOTHER post by Gildorath to nerf every single class that he has trouble defeating.  Man, the whining never seems to end with Gildorath.  </p><p>Look, All I ever see you do is exploiting the zonal immunity ... you zone-hop until you see a tasty green you can gank quickly and then zone about 50 times then camp to avoid anybody that's a real challenge.  </p><p> Roots are in no way unbreakable.  Get your resistances up, buy potions, or group with a Warden who has Nature's Walk.  Honestly, there are a lot of ways to avoid or minimize the effects of rooting.  Roots have a percentage chance to break periodically, and they have another percentage chance to break on damage.  These percentage chances are affected by the caster's spell quality (i.e. a Master 1 root will break less often than an Apprentice 1 root) and the caster's subjugation skill (i.e. if his subjugation isn't maxxed then it will break more often).  If you are encountering someone who is higher level than you, their subjugation skill is most likely quite high compared to your skills.  No, I've never seen an unbreakable root ... but I see Gildorath whining about something new every day.  </p><p>Hey, here's an idea, why don't you move away from the zone lines and actually experience PvP instead of abusing the Dev's decision to grant immunity every single time someone zones.  Personally, I think if you zone with hate you should be instantly-attackable.  If you zone and move you should be instantly attackable.  If you zone after someone has hit you then you should be 90% snared, have no immunity, and be unable to zone or camp for 3 minutes.  Hey, this is a PvP server.  People like Gildorath who simply zone-hop and laugh all day unless they can get an easy kill on a green con are just abusing and exploiting the game mechanics.  Then they go onto the forums and whine and nerfherd about whatever class they can't beat easily.  It's a game of PvP ... stop avoiding it and stop whining.  </p>

LordRargon
02-15-2007, 08:15 AM
My Snare is Master I, and they are stuck for about 5 seconds then they run. So i dont think they are that good that youre saying.

Eluzay
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
<cite>Norrsken wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Eluzay wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Spag wrote:</cite><blockquote><p>There is no reason to nerf roots, they are actually the easiest of all the CC spells to counter.  Once cast on you, you are immune from root for 2x the original duration.  So if its a 20 second root, you are immune for 40 seconds from the time it was cast.  </p><p>Once you know how to counter a root, you will be rooted for maybe 3 seconds, but still be immune for 37 more seconds.  This is not an exploit, in any fashion, and available to all classes.</p><p>You simply need to carry some cure potions with you  NPC cure potions can do the job, but have a much more limited level range.  Get your local alchemist to make you some really nice cure potions, and dont leave home without them.  Then you can stop calling for a nerf of an ingame ability because you have a legitimate and easy ingame solution.</p></blockquote> death march ftw! ... its snares that annoy me (damndable rangers, good think i can kill most of them from range) but they dont need a nerf either. </blockquote>use your own snare. <img src="/smilies/8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> I find it very useful for catching up to kiting rangers. </blockquote>snare is a long cast, i would rather throw up my blessings  and 3 dots and then hit him with my bigger nukes... rather do damage than let them do damage while i slowly catch up to them. With blessings up they do more damage to themselves than they do to me with their attack (with smaller CA's the ranger is actually healing me lol)

CresentBlade
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
<cite>Radigazt wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote>This is total BS that their roots last the entire fight now. Unbreakable roots? YAY!</blockquote><p> Oh my goodness, not ANOTHER post by Gildorath to nerf every single class that he has trouble defeating.  Man, the whining never seems to end with Gildorath.  </p><p>Look, All I ever see you do is exploiting the zonal immunity ... you zone-hop until you see a tasty green you can gank quickly and then zone about 50 times then camp to avoid anybody that's a real challenge.  </p><p> Roots are in no way unbreakable.  Get your resistances up, buy potions, or group with a Warden who has Nature's Walk.  Honestly, there are a lot of ways to avoid or minimize the effects of rooting.  Roots have a percentage chance to break periodically, and they have another percentage chance to break on damage.  These percentage chances are affected by the caster's spell quality (i.e. a Master 1 root will break less often than an Apprentice 1 root) and the caster's subjugation skill (i.e. if his subjugation isn't maxxed then it will break more often).  If you are encountering someone who is higher level than you, their subjugation skill is most likely quite high compared to your skills.  No, I've never seen an unbreakable root ... but I see Gildorath whining about something new every day.  </p><p>Hey, here's an idea, why don't you move away from the zone lines and actually experience PvP instead of abusing the Dev's decision to grant immunity every single time someone zones.  Personally, I think if you zone with hate you should be instantly-attackable.  If you zone and move you should be instantly attackable.  If you zone after someone has hit you then you should be 90% snared, have no immunity, and be unable to zone or camp for 3 minutes.  Hey, this is a PvP server.  People like Gildorath who simply zone-hop and laugh all day unless they can get an easy kill on a green con are just abusing and exploiting the game mechanics.  Then they go onto the forums and whine and nerfherd about whatever class they can't beat easily.  It's a game of PvP ... stop avoiding it and stop whining.  </p></blockquote><p>HA HA HA I am 12 almost EVERYTHING I am fighting is even to me or higher...[Removed for Content] you must be one of those level 16s that couldnt kill me and wonder why I didnt stick around to fight the 5 of you. [Removed for Content] how about you grow some balls and list your character before you talk all big and bad? Oh wait nevermind its so much easier to talk smack when no one knows who you are<img src="/smilies/97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /></p><p>And all you can talk about is how I kill greens.. LEVEL 12 here hardly any greens but hmmm what level are you? HAHAH I bet I so owned your butt<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p>

Titan-X
02-15-2007, 04:22 PM
<p>WOW! Lets nerf everyone! Think about it, if we nerf snare then we will have to nerf something else and the so on and so forth. Lets F'up the game! Woot!.. Nothing I can not stand more then someone shouting for a aspect of the game to be nerfed. Keeping this in mind that many before them and many after them have been successful in countering this "issue". Learn to play or /quit..sigh</p>

Spag
02-15-2007, 06:19 PM
<cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote> <p>And all you can talk about is how I kill greens.. LEVEL 12 here hardly any greens but hmmm what level are you? HAHAH I bet I so owned your butt<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p></blockquote><p>Green or not, you are there to prey on players who have crappy gear, and crappy spells, players who have not yet put any time into their character, and many that are not yet familiar with how that class is played.  In those situations sure, a lvl 12 twink could easily beat a lvl 15 with app1s and a mix of T1/T2 gear/weapons.</p><p>Yet you somehow think this makes you good?</p>

CresentBlade
02-15-2007, 06:50 PM
<cite>Spag wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote> <p>And all you can talk about is how I kill greens.. LEVEL 12 here hardly any greens but hmmm what level are you? HAHAH I bet I so owned your butt<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p></blockquote><p>Green or not, you are there to prey on players who have crappy gear, and crappy spells, players who have not yet put any time into their character, and many that are not yet familiar with how that class is played.  In those situations sure, a lvl 12 twink could easily beat a lvl 15 with app1s and a mix of T1/T2 gear/weapons.</p><p>Yet you somehow think this makes you good?</p></blockquote>All you post is self important one lining crap..go troll else where, you dont even post anything but your pathetic little remarks. And EVERYONE I have run into 14+ has been twink so please spare me the under equiped crap, good bit of the 12s twinked super hard on freaking high level guild mounts also.

CresentBlade
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
<cite>Spag wrote:</cite><blockquote><cite>Gildorath wrote:</cite><blockquote> <p>And all you can talk about is how I kill greens.. LEVEL 12 here hardly any greens but hmmm what level are you? HAHAH I bet I so owned your butt<img src="/smilies/283a16da79f3aa23fe1025c96295f04f.gif" border="0" alt="SMILEY" /> </p></blockquote><p>Green or not, you are there to prey on players who have crappy gear, and crappy spells, players who have not yet put any time into their character, and many that are not yet familiar with how that class is played.  In those situations sure, a lvl 12 twink could easily beat a lvl 15 with app1s and a mix of T1/T2 gear/weapons.</p><p>Yet you somehow think this makes you good?</p></blockquote>You are yet one more example of sad people who run their mouths with no balls to post your toons..what you say holds NO weight.