PDA

View Full Version : 3 room houses in S.Qeynos .Does the number of occupants increase your lag and loading times ?

ary
04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
<DIV>This might be a silly question but here goes. I notice one particular address has a lot of names listed as owners of this type of dwelling since it is closest to the exits of Nettleville and Starcrest .It is 15 Lucie street I think the nearest  guilded cheaper three room option to the exits which incluse Qeynos harbour too.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I want to buy my new place there but I am afraid that the increased number of owners will increase my loading time since the saved data on that address will be highest as compared to the Karana or even furthur up the Lucie street houses. I was wondering if anyone has noticed or know if this is true or have experienced no such difference from a sparsely occupied dwelling to one which is very popular and can have 70 over names listed as you scroll down. Any input would be appreciated.</DIV>

Cusashorn
04-12-2006, 08:24 PM
<DIV>hmm. I never thought about that. I'll test that theory out with my 5 room house I just moved into yesterday. I live at 8 Erollisi Street, and there is not ONE SINGLE PERSON who lives at that residence other than me.</DIV>

Coralyn
04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
I have a 5 room with 3 others at this time in the same location. The lag has alaways been a bit much even when it was just me, long before the others moved into the building. The house used to have 500+ items and visitors would lag out or log out trying to zone in . I removed 200+ items and got rid of most anything that moved to help with the lag to no avail. Not sure why they lag so bad but guess im glad i have a good comp as i dont lag inside it anymore, but still have a 3 to 4 min load into it. Hope they fix it soon as people can sometimes not even zone in to make a purchase.

the flu
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
If this were the case, the one room inns would be univable, since every alt that makes it past the isle has one (or at least did, before the newbie revamp).<div></div>

Coralyn
04-13-2006, 01:50 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> the fluke wrote:<BR>If this were the case, the one room inns would be univable, since every alt that makes it past the isle has one (or at least did, before the newbie revamp).<BR> <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Aye good point

ary
04-13-2006, 02:52 AM
<DIV>"the fluke" has a point. So the saved data has no bearing on loading time only what I have will have any impact on the lag. Well I guess that will mean one more name to add to that house . Although common sense tells me to pick two doors away just to be safe. </DIV>

Caliga
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
The lag will be based on how many items you have in the house, not how many people have rooms in the same place.<div></div>