PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... kinda wondering...

Rezikai
03-14-2006, 04:07 AM
<div>Maybe this is the wrong spot for this... but I was wondering....</div><div> </div><div>we can make house items that talk/play music.. animals that can moveand take commands... and reflective items....</div><div> </div><div>so i ask... is there a way to craft or have crafted ... a simple Door?...</div><div> </div><div>i have a home w/a walkthrough hall.. but no door.. I'd just want a simple door to click and have it swivle on a hinge...</div><div> </div><div>please?... woodworkers?....  i'll be your bestest friend.</div>

Skydrop
03-14-2006, 05:08 AM
<div></div><div></div><div></div><p>Making a door.... I am not against the idea but I see your request as being a little off the point.   Why?... We already have all the doors we need (as far as the developers think). Doors connect areas, the areas within each house is not defined by the players therefore doors are all pre-defined.</p><p>Maybe you should refine your request to being able to improve and upgrade the doors within a house? I'm not entirely sure if the look of doors are upgraded when you choose to upgrade the surrounding wall but if not that would be a nice idea to be able to have the option to upgrade the look of the doors within your home.</p><p>Plus carpenters can not make items that talk or play music or any of the house pets (afaik!)</p><p>P.S. Try and name your thread a little better, it's about doors within player housing and you mention nothing regarding that subject within the title</p><p>Message Edited by Skydrop on <span class="date_text">03-13-2006</span><span class="time_text">04:09 PM</span></p><p>Message Edited by Skydrop on <span class="date_text">03-13-2006</span><span class="time_text">04:09 PM</span></p>

Amybeth
03-17-2006, 03:50 PM
<div></div><blockquote><hr>Skydrop wrote:<div></div><div></div><div></div><p>Making a door.... I am not against the idea but I see your request as being a little off the point.   Why?... We already have all the doors we need (as far as the developers think). Doors connect areas, the areas within each house is not defined by the players therefore doors are all pre-defined.</p><p>Maybe you should refine your request to being able to improve and upgrade the doors within a house? I'm not entirely sure if the look of doors are upgraded when you choose to upgrade the surrounding wall but if not that would be a nice idea to be able to have the option to upgrade the look of the doors within your home.</p><p></p><p><span class="time_text"></span></p><hr></blockquote>You Qeynosians may have all the doors you need, but take a look at Freeport houses sometime...  nary a door to be seen.  It's understandable that Qberts may think the door situation is fine, if a litlle sparse, but for FPers it's at an entirely different level

Jackula
03-18-2006, 09:08 PM
You can create the illusion of a door by placing a Maple Bookshelf (lvl 12) backwards into a wall so that the shelves are sunk into the wall, leaving only the thin surface of the back of the Maple Bookshelf exposed.  Then hang a Maj Dul Knocker (lvl 57) on the bookshelfs exposed back side.  The door can't open, it won't create a doorway into anywhere, but it does look like a doorway.If you wan't something that creates privacy rather than just the illusion of a door, perhaps one of the new tapestries from T7 will do the trick for you?  If that doesn't work, you can create a tri-fold privacy screen for an area with the careful placement of multiple flat items like Market Boards or Painting of the Sun God (lvl 27).<div></div>

Elya
03-18-2006, 09:19 PM
<div></div>I would give half my soul to get rid of the double door at the top of the Qeynos 3 bedroom staircase.... Its a pain to open, and you HAVE to have both halfs open to get in.